November 22, 2017, 10:01:12 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton  (Read 10593 times)

August 25, 2017, 05:39:42 PM
Read 10593 times

Gash

Global Moderator
End of a tough week.

I'd take a draw from this, I know Man City's not far away but three hard away games in a week is a lot even this early in the season. It would be nice to go into the break undefeated as well.

August 25, 2017, 05:44:10 PM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

Anything we get from this will be a massive bonus. I don't mean that in a 'small-time club scrapping for anything' way, like in the past. I mean more in terms of playing City, Split and Chelsea away in 6 days. Any team in the league would find that taxing.

I'm expecting defeat, and anything other than that will be a real achievement.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 25, 2017, 05:48:10 PM
Reply #2

DannyR

I think we can take at least a point, It will be a tough test though. Hard week of fixtures out the way, we should have more of the competitive edge over them as we've now played 4 europa games and 2 league games.

Going to this one and looking forward to it.

So this means we will loose.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

August 25, 2017, 05:52:40 PM
Reply #3

Macca77

Go there full of confidence and have a go at them, they're not invincible

August 25, 2017, 05:55:03 PM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I think we can take at least a point, It will be a tough test though. Hard week of fixtures out the way, we should have more of the competitive edge over them as we've now played 4 europa games and 2 league games.

Going to this one and looking forward to it.

So this means we will loose.
We may well be loose but hopefully we can grind out a point

Simply simply lovely

August 25, 2017, 06:01:54 PM
Reply #5

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
               Pickford

Jagielka Keane Williams
Holgate.                      Baines

Besic Gana Sigurdsson

Calvert-Lewin Rooney

Something like this maybe?think we will be trying to keep it tight and nick a point. All of a sudden Dominic Calvert-Lewin seems essential to our starting line up. He works so hard for the team
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 25, 2017, 06:07:48 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully Gary Cahill gets sent off and we do a Burnley.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 25, 2017, 06:51:48 PM
Reply #7

wilbur

Isn't Cahill still banned?
“It was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. That’s what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.” - Duncan Ferguson

August 25, 2017, 07:00:14 PM
Reply #8

wilbur

Just checked and Cahill is still suspended.

Hazard hasn't played yet this season and is still rated unlikely to start. Take out Costa and Matic as well and this can't possibly be as bad as last season - the problem is that if it's half as bad, we're still in trouble.

Would probably prefer Davies to start ahead of Besic but the rest of Sir Stealth's team look nailed on.
“It was the best 10 years of my career, in fact they are the only team I ever actually played for. That’s what happens when you play for Everton, you forget the rest, the rest means nothing.” - Duncan Ferguson

August 25, 2017, 07:16:42 PM
Reply #9

Evertonian in NC

Best I can say is perhaps they will be overconfident after winning "at" Spurs last weekend.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 25, 2017, 07:28:55 PM
Reply #10

Macca77

I though this was on Sky, its not though so why is it a 1.30 kick off!!

August 25, 2017, 07:31:34 PM
Reply #11

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I though this was on Sky, its not though so why is it a 1.30 kick off!!
FFS so did I

Also, why are spurs playing on a sunday?

Simply simply lovely

August 25, 2017, 07:34:12 PM
Reply #12

Macca77

Sky are showing West Brom V Stoke which kicks off at the same time. Our game should kick off later

August 25, 2017, 07:34:41 PM
Reply #13

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Sky are showing West Brom V Stoke which kicks off at the same time. Our game should kick off later
Arsenal Liverpool later isn't it?

Simply simply lovely

August 25, 2017, 07:37:18 PM
Reply #14

Macca77

Arsenal Liverpool later isn't it?

Yep, its Anfield though

There's no reason why we have an earlier kick off, its stupid, yes I know Spurs are at Wembley on same day, but that shouldn't make any difference