November 24, 2017, 07:11:19 PM

Author Topic: DIEGO COSTA  (Read 14579 times)

August 28, 2017, 10:42:13 PM
Reply #120

Alanvideo

My understanding is Atletico can register/sign players but not play them  . Could be some truth in this. Jim White is going to self-combust live on Sky.
We are special ,we are Everton.

deCoubertin

August 28, 2017, 10:46:18 PM
Reply #121

Makis

whoscored.com is a decent site for viewing and analysing some statistics yourself but whoever writes those player profiles is a bad gobshite.

E.g. Phil Jagielka's strength is apparently Passing lolol

Pretty much look up any player outside the most famous and their profiling is total nonsense.
Those are automatically generated from stats.

August 28, 2017, 10:50:04 PM
Reply #122

Marky Mark and the funky

He's genuinely nowhere near fitness. Would probably be October before he could contribute, and even then, as if he's going to give a fuck. Why would he play anywhere near 100% and risk getting injured before the Atletico move?

Spite :-\

I reckon the nasty little bastard (on the pitch) would do it precisely because once he crosses the white line the competitor inside him would take over. There have also been no suggestions from any of his team-mates he is disruptive to the squad.

On the injury point, if Atlético sign him but loan him to us for a while, it is not like an injury would mean they can change their mind about signing him!

August 28, 2017, 10:51:11 PM
Reply #123

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

August 28, 2017, 10:51:20 PM
Reply #124

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry if already posted

Simply simply lovely

August 28, 2017, 10:52:08 PM
Reply #125

Bluedylan

Spite :-\

I reckon the nasty little bastard (on the pitch) would do it precisely because once he crosses the white line the competitor inside him would take over. There have also been no suggestions from any of his team-mates he is disruptive to the squad.

On the injury point, if Atlético sign him but loan him to us for a while, it is not like an injury would mean they can change their mind about signing him!

No they'd still sign him but I don't imagine he'd see a couple of months with us before his dream move as anything more than a glorified training camp. And I wouldn't blame him for that at all.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 28, 2017, 10:53:02 PM
Reply #126

Marky Mark and the funky

Those are automatically generated from stats.

I am astounded. The amount of times I've looked on there and had a chuckle at the players strength/weakness/playstyle thing I always assumed it was just a lazy journo/statto.

Perhaps it proves the saying "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics". Or Jags is a great passer and many others I could find on there for examples ;D

August 28, 2017, 10:57:35 PM
Reply #127

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Imagine it.

Costa at the blues.

August 28, 2017, 11:07:55 PM
Reply #128

Tinga

Imagine it.

Costa at the blues.

Shame it's just a stop gap.

August 28, 2017, 11:10:20 PM
Reply #129

everton1952

The Shite are well known for signing costly flops, i.e Balotelli who came with a BEWARE sign around his neck. Maybe Costa is not like that?

August 28, 2017, 11:12:47 PM
Reply #130

dax78

Imagine it.

Costa at the blues.

Haven't seen you this excited since Eto
Hans segers is a legend ;)

August 28, 2017, 11:21:00 PM
Reply #131

Rhys

No they'd still sign him but I don't imagine he'd see a couple of months with us before his dream move as anything more than a glorified training camp. And I wouldn't blame him for that at all.

If it was a proven top pro you would think likely give everything regardless. He is a really good player and when his head is in the right place he s a great compeititor. But he is a loose cannon, so the scenario you paint is most likely. Even if not it's October before he is going to be match fit anyway so you could 2-3 months of him.

I'd be good with it if there are no options we want or can get it this week so it delays the problem. Or if we got another striker and he was an addition to them to compliment the squad until January. Plus if we knew we could get someone in January to replace him and this was better than doing nothing now.

August 28, 2017, 11:25:45 PM
Reply #132

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Mentioned in a thread in the general forum a little while ago that kicking the can down the road and postponing a problem is sometimes the only option available to you.

The chances of us signing a player of Costa's level are laughably low.
We've done it once in a couple of decades maybe.

August 28, 2017, 11:25:59 PM
Reply #133

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 28, 2017, 11:48:37 PM
Reply #134

TopCat

Chances are probably slim, but it would suit all involved, if he signed for atletico and then came to us on loan. We would be taking a chance that if he isn't fit, we can get enough out of him to make it worth it. At this late stage think he is without doubt our best option, if he can be convinced to come. If he were to go atletico then be loaned out surely they wouldn't want the go to another CL side.