November 21, 2017, 12:24:52 PM

Author Topic: DIEGO COSTA  (Read 14448 times)

August 30, 2017, 04:49:01 PM
Reply #240

Ross

Why would AM pay for Costa now and loan him out for a year when they could just buy him next summer after Chelsea loan him out this year?

Not much to be gained from their perspective and all the risk would be there's.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

deCoubertin

August 30, 2017, 04:56:05 PM
Reply #241

plowman2

Why would AM pay for Costa now and loan him out for a year when they could just buy him next summer after Chelsea loan him out this year?

Fear of losing him I suppose.
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

August 30, 2017, 04:57:16 PM
Reply #242

Lxxx

Sensible posts are at a premium at the minute.

August 30, 2017, 05:05:23 PM
Reply #243

Marky Mark and the funky

Loan fee from Everton? He wouldn't be getting splinters? I agree the season-long part is far-fetched though.

August 30, 2017, 05:05:44 PM
Reply #244

MmmBlueRamirez

So they can have an influence over where he plays football this year.

You'd want him to be playing AND at a high level. If AM sign him they can control that. Otherwise there's a risk that Chelsea let him rot for a year in the ressies or send him on loan to someone shite in Uzbekistan 🇺🇿
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 30, 2017, 05:25:03 PM
Reply #245

Ross

Fear of losing him I suppose.

Pretty sure if they made it known to Costa they'd be back next summer he'd accept it because it doesn't make sense to buy him now given the ban and the fact they can't use him for most of the season.

Loan fee from Everton? He wouldn't be getting splinters? I agree the season-long part is far-fetched though.

If they've got to pay Chelsea a 30m+ fee and he gets badly injured here before playing for them next summer a loan fee won't cover the loss.

So they can have an influence over where he plays football this year.

You'd want him to be playing AND at a high level. If AM sign him they can control that. Otherwise there's a risk that Chelsea let him rot for a year in the ressies or send him on loan to someone shite in Uzbekistan 🇺🇿

Chelsea will want to send him on loan somewhere competitive to keep his value up as well and there's no way Costa will accept being dumped in the back of beyond.

The only way us getting Costa on loan would make sense is if he's a Chelsea player and he's here for the full season. Without that both ourselves and AM have the potential to lose out on this massively even though it's Chelsea in the weakest bargaining position.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:32:18 PM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 30, 2017, 05:29:24 PM
Reply #246

Marky Mark and the funky

Pretty sure if they made it known to Costa they'd be back next summer because it doesn't make sense to buy him now given the ban it'd be okay.

If they've got to pay Chelsea a 30m+ fee and he gets badly injured here before playing for them next summer a loan fee won't cover the loss.

Chelsea will want to send him on loan somewhere competitive to keep his value up as well and there's no way Costa will accept being dumped in the back of beyond.

The only way us getting Costa on loan would make sense is if he's a Chelsea player and he's here for the full season. Without that both ourselves and AM have the potential to lose out on this massively even though it's Chelsea in the weakest bargaining position.

All good points, not sure it makes sense for Chelsea to loan him to us and then he gets injured and they can't sell him either!

August 30, 2017, 08:33:56 PM
Reply #247

formerKHL

the flip side to that is.. he plays for us and assists us to get results against Chelsea's competitors for top 4 PL  spots .......

August 30, 2017, 09:01:04 PM
Reply #248

bacon sarnie

So much for that. Benteke anybody?

August 30, 2017, 09:05:11 PM
Reply #249

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

August 30, 2017, 09:10:14 PM
Reply #250

MmmBlueRamirez

Care to share?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 30, 2017, 09:19:38 PM
Reply #251

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

I think Benteke would be a very decent signing. Good age, decent record, and would suit our style very well. Would have no problems forking out 50 million of Moshri's money for him.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 30, 2017, 09:23:44 PM
Reply #252

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I think Benteke would be a very decent signing. Good age, decent record, and would suit our style very well. Would have no problems forking out 50 million of Moshri's money for him.

No way it would be as low as 50m by the wa

@Ross , RE: Loan. It makes more sense for Atletico to pay for Costa and loan him out more than it does to just come in for him next year.
The loan fee for a player of this level is going to be big. It could be as much as 10m towards the 30m fee. Thats a MASSIVE incentive.
The risk of injury is the same whether the buy him now/loan him for 6 months/12months/dont buy him till next year. The risk doesnt change for them if this is a player they want to bring in over the next 12 months.
They get to choose where as well. Chelsea could send him to las palmas - but then be cuptied for the copa del rey. They could send him to a CL club and cup tie him for that. (Obviously Costa would reject the latter for that reason, but then he is stuck at Chelsea and not getting fit).

Anyway i look at this i think Atletico would be better served in controlling this.

August 30, 2017, 09:24:55 PM
Reply #253

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
AS say that the deal has been finalised between Atletico and Chelsea but they are yet to decide whether to loan him out or keep him at the club to train with them
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 30, 2017, 09:26:57 PM
Reply #254

Lxxx

It makes sense for them to loan him out as they'd get a loan fee and his wages off the books for 4-5 months. No point in paying him a fortune just to train with them.