November 20, 2017, 03:21:51 PM

Author Topic: DIEGO COSTA  (Read 14413 times)

August 26, 2017, 05:32:41 PM
Reply #75

Marky Mark and the funky

I keep popping back on to see if there is any useful news on Diego but I'll I'm seeing is Mocha-ry!

deCoubertin

August 26, 2017, 05:39:16 PM
Reply #76

phillyt

I honestly think this one is even more unrealistic than our blag Shearer bid back in the day.
I don't think it's that it's so unrealistic (I'm not saying it will happen just that given the unique circumstances around Costa it could) we just need to see the deal for what it is (or at least most likely to be) it will be a loan till january when atletico can sign him.

As a club we need to be weighing up if we will get enough benefit out of it. Personally I'm not so sure we do. If it's a season long loan then maybe.

It will take some Herculean effort on his part to make me forget the cuntery from him towards seamus though.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

August 26, 2017, 06:05:30 PM
Reply #77

SANA_DR0

whats unrealistic is, world cup year, Costa has no team. the top teams in europe have their strikers..
he's used to England (he did really well, in fact id go as far as he won chelsea the league first year he was there)

no one above us needs him or wants him, we need to take the risk, on him to help push us.

the two main strikers for Madrid, have signed new contracts, he wont be guaranteed a place there, while for us, he will end up playing week in week out, when he is fit.

we both need each other.... it all depends on him wanting to play in the world cup...

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

August 26, 2017, 11:43:36 PM
Reply #78

KingOfNapaValley

This would be a mess. I don't want a mess.

First, he is old with little time left in his prime in my opinion.

Second, even if he came he would not want to be here. It would be that he just wants to get away from Costa.

Third, he has a long history of being a pain in the ass.

Finally, he would just cause all sorts of problems at the end of the season and demand we send him off to where he really wants to go, Atletico.

No thanks.

August 26, 2017, 11:45:08 PM
Reply #79

Cozzie

Second, even if he came he would not want to be here. It would be that he just wants to get away from Costa.

Finally, he would just cause all sorts of problems at the end of the season and demand we send him off to where he really wants to go, Atletico.

No thanks.

Hes 28.

Granted he looks about 40 but I would say if anything he is IN his prime.

August 27, 2017, 12:24:16 AM
Reply #80

Thornton_19

I'd be well up for this, but not until January. It would have to be until the end of the season.
We won't be able to replace what he will bring in January. If he stayed a year it would give us an opportunity to find who we want to splash the dosh on next summer.

August 27, 2017, 01:50:33 AM
Reply #81

SANA_DR0

No thanks.

Hes a mess cos he wants to be loved.. and Conte doesnt love him.  (i thought Italians where supposed to be great lovers)

First, as mentioned he is 28, in his PRIME, if you have watched him play, then you could easily see he is the type of player that Koeman wants to bring in( in his prime, chases /closes the ball down, hardly ever gives up, puts in a shift and is WORLD CLASS, much more proven than last years hero Lukaku)

Second, i dont really understand what your stating.. he wants to get away from a coffee shop? do you think he likes Nero?
the whole premise of him coming here is so that he puts himself in the shop window for the world cup, therefore logic dictates that he would want to perform, to either get into the spain world cup team or put himself in the shop window for europes elite to want him, either way IF he comes, its BECAUSE HE WANTS TO COME HERE.

Thirdly,

DAT ASS

Finally, If he excells and wins a place in the Spanish world cup team, who cares, if he wants to go. who cares, enjoy where he would propel us, we'd attract better strikers (better than we have atm. not better than Costa) next season,  you sound like that depressed blue guy who used to post here,, or even realist.. we've had a lot worse 1 year loan strikers..

no thanks?

you mean yes please? look at the fun he has caused :D :D

i could post about 20 more pics of Costa abusing Liverpool players.. for that alone.. hes a cult hero already.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 02:06:59 AM by SANA_DR0 »
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

August 27, 2017, 02:04:14 AM
Reply #82

plowman2

Interesting this comes up just as we play Chelsea though.
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

August 27, 2017, 02:05:11 AM
Reply #83

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Interesting this comes up just as we play Chelsea though.

This has been doing the rounds for a few weeks now.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 27, 2017, 02:36:19 AM
Reply #84

SANA_DR0

pre match manager talk

Conte 'what are you going to do with Barclay?'

Koeman 'what are you going to do with Costa?'

both at the same time

'swap deal'

& Unsworth kicking ass.

August 27, 2017, 03:21:58 AM
Reply #85

arteta4spain

Haha seen on fb before;
"Rather have a Costa Toffee than a Costa Coffee!" I know! But it made me chuckle!

August 27, 2017, 03:28:24 AM
Reply #86

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
pre match manager talk

Conte 'what are you going to do with Barclay?'

Koeman 'what are you going to do with Costa?'

both at the same time

'swap deal'

You really think we'd swap a bank for Costa though?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 27, 2017, 03:31:27 AM
Reply #87

bogie

lol

why is there 6 pages of this

August 27, 2017, 03:32:32 AM
Reply #88

Cozzie

lol

why is there 6 pages of this

Because enough people have replied to get it to 6 pages.

August 27, 2017, 03:33:53 AM
Reply #89

SANA_DR0

You really think we'd swap a bank for Costa though?

true, but I think Costa is the only coffee shop(out of the top 3 multinational coffee shops*) that pays tax, while Barclays is probably is as shadey as HSBC.

so yes, Costa is worth a whole bank!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 03:35:18 AM by SANA_DR0 »

& Unsworth kicking ass.