October 24, 2017, 12:57:33 PM

Author Topic: Who's going to win the sack race first?  (Read 1951 times)

September 11, 2017, 11:32:39 PM
Reply #45

The Analog Kid

Zaha's been out since the first game, big miss for them

I thought I heard his name mentioned yesterday during commentary (I was only listening on the radio whilst in the kitchen mind)

September 12, 2017, 01:09:10 AM
Reply #46

Gash

Global Moderator
I'm not saying De Boer would have been a success but it's the constant sacking of these young up and coming managers that keep old dinosaur firefighters like Allardyce, Redknapp, Hodgson and Warnock in a job.

September 12, 2017, 05:57:24 AM
Reply #47

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

September 12, 2017, 08:05:17 AM
Reply #48

Jamokachi

we should go double dutch, appoint De Boer alongside koeman, one for the defensive boring bullshit and one for the slick ajax style passing..

That's a fallacy though. He was actually really unpopular at Ajax because his style of play wasn't the 'Ajax way'. He's more van Gaal than Cruyff, as his reputation would suggest.

September 12, 2017, 05:28:33 PM
Reply #49

SANA_DR0

That's a fallacy though. He was actually really unpopular at Ajax because his style of play wasn't the 'Ajax way'. He's more van Gaal than Cruyff, as his reputation would suggest.

Sorry, was basing it off of how Palace have played as a team and created attacks..hence my double dutch comment.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 13, 2017, 12:08:59 AM
Reply #50

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I know it's different being a manager but imagine being De Boer and having to justify yourself to Dougie Freedman
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 13, 2017, 12:45:39 AM
Reply #51

SANA_DR0

I know it's different being a manager but imagine being De Boer and having to justify yourself to Dougie Freedman

when i read that on teletext this morning, i thought of Dougie Freedman the ex wolves striker... to my surprise.. its the same fucking dude,

how the hell did he become a sporting director. And i feel sorry for De Boer, hes a billion times the player Freedman was, lulz at having to explain yourself to a shit footballer who is now a sporting director.

:headbang: lolol

September 13, 2017, 01:20:48 AM
Reply #52

Marky Mark and the funky

when i read that on teletext this morning

HELP!!! I've been teleported back to the '90s!

September 13, 2017, 01:25:03 AM
Reply #53

SANA_DR0

HELP!!! I've been teleported back to the '90s!

lol I check bbc teletext every morning whilst having brekky :p

September 13, 2017, 01:28:35 AM
Reply #54

Marky Mark and the funky

lol I check bbc teletext every morning whilst having brekky :p

Wow. I honestly thought you were making some kind of joke, the aussie equivalent got turned off shortly after the changeover to digital TV broadcasting!

September 13, 2017, 01:31:09 AM
Reply #55

SANA_DR0

Wow. I honestly thought you were making some kind of joke, the aussie equivalent got turned off shortly after the changeover to digital TV broadcasting!

they did turn off the analogue teletext, not sure when, think it was 2005 or something,.

but you can still get digital teletext, bbc is the only station that does it tho...  like reading whilst news is on on the tv.. lol or reading whilst the weather news is on..

September 16, 2017, 09:35:22 PM
Reply #56

MrWhite

they did turn off the analogue teletext, not sure when, think it was 2005 or something,.

but you can still get digital teletext, bbc is the only station that does it tho...  like reading whilst news is on on the tv.. lol or reading whilst the weather news is on..

2012, when Northern Ireland switched over to digital, was the end of Ceefax (the BBC version). Teletext as such still technically exists, although the full service has long since disappeared. Ironically, Teletext Holidays is still going strong!
Technically, the current BBC service is BBC Red Button. Even that has been scaled back from what it used to be, although it's still popular amongst footy fans.

September 16, 2017, 09:35:45 PM
Reply #57

MrWhite

More importantly, who is going to win the sack race second?

September 16, 2017, 09:37:03 PM
Reply #58

SANA_DR0

More importantly, who is going to win the sack race second?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Koeman will finish second.. cant see Hodgson being sacked, or Bilic atm..

September 16, 2017, 09:40:32 PM
Reply #59

MrWhite

It creates a comical image, the thought of 20 highly paid managers all having a race on a playing field in sacks, doesn't it? Wonder who would lose that?