October 23, 2017, 10:06:22 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: We lost the match in a poor first half  (Read 770 times)

August 27, 2017, 10:00:01 PM
Read 770 times

Everton News

Koeman: We lost the match in a poor first half

Everton boss Ronald Koeman says that a poor first half let his side down as the lost 2-0 to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Source: Koeman: We lost the match in a poor first half

deCoubertin

August 27, 2017, 10:31:14 PM
Reply #1

Faceatthefence

No kidding ronald,im with the plans 100% but ffs youve been claiming the same shit for what seems like forever.There will be no improving in table standings till we go from the first whistle....sort it.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

August 27, 2017, 11:17:19 PM
Reply #2

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 27, 2017, 11:20:03 PM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

It's never him is it.

He took full responsibility for the first half vs Stoke.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

August 27, 2017, 11:24:57 PM
Reply #4

eyesalwaysblue

Am i being over cynical to suggest it's because we won in the end?
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 28, 2017, 12:46:40 AM
Reply #5

Mac934

Whose responsible for training? Whose fault is it for the reasons/excuses he gives for the poor performance? His and his coaching staff! We need effort from the start of matches. We look lost at the moment. As Lxxx said in the other post, how long is this transition period going to last? Last season, now this season, until when?

August 28, 2017, 12:52:35 AM
Reply #6

TheTone

Whose responsible for training? Whose fault is it for the reasons/excuses he gives for the poor performance? His and his coaching staff! We need effort from the start of matches. We look lost at the moment. As Lxxx said in the other post, how long is this transition period going to last? Last season, now this season, until when?

the transition period expires on the 3rd week in December, lets see how we're going by then

August 28, 2017, 12:58:49 AM
Reply #7

WeimaranerBlues

I would say we are in more of a transitional period this season ,  than last season with more new players,    it will take time aLL you can ask for is the players give 110% each half , and they have not been doing that.......
on the point of tactics/ training etc you would think the type of players Ron likes (pressing players/target man ) have been targeted and should adapt quicker- only time will tell----

just look at Wenga today everyone knows how the RS set up but he used Ramsey in a midfield 2 (dcm) and he was caught a head of the ball numerous times,   

August 28, 2017, 01:11:36 AM
Reply #8

gizzblue

To be fair ....last season was trying to right the wrongs of the brown Brogued twat .... now hes finally got a few of his own in .... its not gonna come over night ....but again the sooner he realises three dont work the better .... although today we were shite to a man ....aside DCL ...still dont know why he didnt start either .

August 28, 2017, 04:33:35 PM
Reply #9

Rhys

Then put out the same system where we generally look awful when we play it.

I've said it many times, we can't play this system well very often from an attacking point of view. Baines plays the wing back role in a full back area, same with holgate and you can't play someone right wing back who can't move forward with the ball, can't pass well forward and can't deliver a good cross or at least need some of those qualities. And you can't play it with 3 centre halves who really should be the middle centre half you need at least 1 of the wide centre halves who are capable of moving into the opposition half and joining in with the play as an extra attacker.

We've used this system reasonably often over the year he has been here. It's enough time for him to have coached them well enough in it for us to become better. For instance drilling it into Baines that when we have the ball his starting position and role then becomes a left winger effectively especially when we have very narrow forward players instead of Baines standing in the same position for the match as if we were playing a back 4. Or coaching jags that he has to move into their half and play as a left back when we are attacking.

Or if they have tried and we can't take on the principles of how the system works then stop using it so often and focus on the systems that suit the players naturally.

How many times have we had to make a sub or change the system at half time since he came? Not sure of the number myself but it is definitely too many. Good on him for not being precious and changing things quickly but can't expect to move forwards when we make so many bad decisions with starting systems and so many poor first halves in games.

August 28, 2017, 05:03:55 PM
Reply #10

AllyBlue14

I got slaughtered for making some of these points last week!

August 28, 2017, 05:15:06 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

Chelsea play this system and it works as they have a converted right winger at right wing back, a left wing back who tops their scoring charts at the minute, a converted midfielder as the comfortable ball playing centre of the back three and a manager who tells everyone he's a training ground coach and to watch them it looks like it too.

Let's stop trying to shoe horn players into a system they look uncomfortable with and develop a style of play that suits the tools at our disposal. Got no problem with trying new things but only when you have the players for it.

August 28, 2017, 05:24:22 PM
Reply #12

everton1952

Now the dust has settled on quite a successful week, I can see why Koeman said what he did about the Chelsea game. 1. tiredness 2. lack of fitness (Sig), Rooney 3. lack of choice through unavailability. 4. over exposure of younger players   If I read him correctly, he said maybe a few of the younger players need to return to the under 21 side. 5. playing in the heat against a fresh Champions team raring to get over their Burnley defeat.

August 29, 2017, 02:17:52 PM
Reply #13

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Then put out the same system where we generally look awful when we play it.

I've said it many times, we can't play this system well very often from an attacking point of view. Baines plays the wing back role in a full back area, same with holgate and you can't play someone right wing back who can't move forward with the ball, can't pass well forward and can't deliver a good cross or at least need some of those qualities. And you can't play it with 3 centre halves who really should be the middle centre half you need at least 1 of the wide centre halves who are capable of moving into the opposition half and joining in with the play as an extra attacker.

We've used this system reasonably often over the year he has been here. It's enough time for him to have coached them well enough in it for us to become better. For instance drilling it into Baines that when we have the ball his starting position and role then becomes a left winger effectively especially when we have very narrow forward players instead of Baines standing in the same position for the match as if we were playing a back 4. Or coaching jags that he has to move into their half and play as a left back when we are attacking.

Or if they have tried and we can't take on the principles of how the system works then stop using it so often and focus on the systems that suit the players naturally.

How many times have we had to make a sub or change the system at half time since he came? Not sure of the number myself but it is definitely too many. Good on him for not being precious and changing things quickly but can't expect to move forwards when we make so many bad decisions with starting systems and so many poor first halves in games.

It would work better if we bought a decent left footed winger, a Lennon type but left footed and play Baines as one of the three CB with Keane in the middle and Holgate to his right.  Martina or Seamus or Kennedy or Lennon as rwb means you have decent defender who are all comfortable on the ball.

It really doesn't work when Jags and Williams play as part of the three.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...