December 13, 2017, 01:03:46 PM

Author Topic: Vardy link on South American website  (Read 1411 times)

August 28, 2017, 06:11:43 AM
Read 1411 times

Juanito

https://www.pasionfutbol.com/noticias/Everton-va-a-la-carga-por-Jamie-Vardy-20170827-0004.html

deCoubertin

August 28, 2017, 06:41:09 AM
Reply #1

blueski

google translate:

The last week of the market of signings in Europe is revolutionized and in the Premier League continue sounding transfers of reputation.

Jamie Vardy is the wish of several teams, including Chelsea, however, his immediate future could be tied to Everton, who is willing to make a $ 51.5 million offer to Leicester.

Vardy almost went to Arsenal during the last market of passes, but chose to renew his contract with Leicester and stay to dispute the Champions League, a milestone in the life of the English club.

In this market he began to listen to offers and the striker could find himself in Everton, who continues to take advantage of what was obtained in the millionaire sale of Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United and that has been reinforced with players like Gylfi Sigurdsson, Wayne Rooney, Sandro Ramirez and Michael Keane, among others.
Nil Satis

August 28, 2017, 08:59:39 AM
Reply #2

Jay

Vardy and $51.5 mil in the one sentence. That would be a real depressing end to a transfer window that started so promisingly

August 28, 2017, 01:52:24 PM
Reply #3

ally2

August 28, 2017, 02:13:54 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Im not as against the Vardy as i was a few weeks back. The one thing he does is move which we lack. It is a very short term solution and we would need Calvert Lewin fit all season though to play with (remember when people thought he was shit

August 28, 2017, 02:24:00 PM
Reply #5

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It's in the Daily Mirror and on BBC website, apparently Chelsea also interested.

August 28, 2017, 03:50:34 PM
Reply #6

dekko

August 28, 2017, 03:55:13 PM
Reply #7

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Would seem strange for Leicester to let him go

Although I suppose this is the time for them to cash in as this would be the most they will ever get for him

Just doesn't seem to fit the profile of what Koeman is after

You get pace and a hard working ethos from Vardy, we are certainly lacking the former at the moment. Our man Steve Walsh knows him inside out though and I'm willing to trust his judgement, as always if there's anything in this link
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

August 28, 2017, 04:04:18 PM
Reply #8

Alanvideo

Would seem strange for Leicester to let him go

Although I suppose this is the time for them to cash in as this would be the most they will ever get for him

Just doesn't seem to fit the profile of what Koeman is after

You get pace and a hard working ethos from Vardy, we are certainly lacking the former at the moment. Our man Steve Walsh knows him inside out though and I'm willing to trust his judgement, as always if there's anything in this link
..................despite all the Vardy hate on here I'd be happy to see him come in. He's match fit and already scored 2 this season . As you say ,the Walsh connection might help. But we could have gone for him weeks and weeks ago .
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 28, 2017, 05:05:18 PM
Reply #9

everton1952

Maybe it was pesos. Seriously what is all this hate for certain players? Vardy? Costa?  I understand hate for Shite players,  but if Leicester were stupid enough to sell us Vardy, we might get our 20+ goals machine. Or would people rather have DCL and Lookman who might score 10 goals between them?

August 28, 2017, 07:07:18 PM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
Maybe it was pesos. Seriously what is all this hate for certain players? Vardy? Costa?  I understand hate for Shite players,  but if Leicester were stupid enough to sell us Vardy, we might get our 20+ goals machine. Or would people rather have DCL and Lookman who might score 10 goals between them?

He's managed 20 goals in a season three times, once in the Northern Premier League, once in the Conference and his one stand out Premier League season. Coming up to 31 the chances of him getting anywhere near 20 goals in a season are looking less and less likely especially as his biggest asset, pace, will drop of very soon if it hasn't already. I'd rather we did take a chance on a couple of youngsters than spend 40m on a 31 year old player who has had one good season at a decent level.

August 28, 2017, 07:21:39 PM
Reply #11

everton1952

I agree 40m would be a crazy price even if we got 2 years out of him. OK Benteke then, or is he hated as an ex-Shite player?  We will not stay "best of the rest" if we do not sign a regular goalscorer.  Koeman must think Niasse a total waste of space not to even include him as part of the weak striker group of Lookman, DCL and Sandro. Let us hope something good will emerge by Thursday.

August 28, 2017, 07:25:34 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I read somewhere we're looking to offer Chelsea 30 million for Costa.

It's going to be a fun week...

Out of all we've been linked with, my gut says Benteke would be the best option. Still only 26, he's a good focal point and scores goals. And his attitude seems ok too.

I think he'd be the best value for us taking everything into consideration.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

August 28, 2017, 07:51:06 PM
Reply #13

Alanvideo

He's managed 20 goals in a season three times, once in the Northern Premier League, once in the Conference and his one stand out Premier League season. Coming up to 31 the chances of him getting anywhere near 20 goals in a season are looking less and less likely especially as his biggest asset, pace, will drop of very soon if it hasn't already. I'd rather we did take a chance on a couple of youngsters than spend 40m on a 31 year old player who has had one good season at a decent level.
...................there might be better value out there but his goals record in the PL is outstanding 44 in 106 apps.  including 16 last season when Leicester were poor. Scored 2 against the Arse the other day. His build suggests he'll keep going for another 2/3 seasons like Defoe did. 
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 28, 2017, 08:11:23 PM
Reply #14

Gash

Global Moderator
...................there might be better value out there but his goals record in the PL is outstanding 44 in 106 apps.  including 16 last season when Leicester were poor. Scored 2 against the Arse the other day. His build suggests he'll keep going for another 2/3 seasons like Defoe did. 

16 was all comps wasn't it?

I wouldn't say his Premier League record's outstanding. 13 in 35 last season of which 3 came in one game against City. His title winning season masks a lot, he scored 5 in 34 the season before. He's had one good season bookended by one poor and one reasonable one. I just don't see the value in him.