October 22, 2017, 11:41:57 AM

Author Topic: Ratings v Chelsea  (Read 1472 times)

August 28, 2017, 06:55:28 PM
Read 1472 times

D3blue

I only saw 2nd half...I'd be interested in ratings...

deCoubertin

August 28, 2017, 06:57:19 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
All 4s and 5s.

You saw the better half.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

August 28, 2017, 07:22:22 PM
Reply #2

Marky Mark and the funky

6 Pickford       - Not much chance with the goals, claimed a couple of crosses again
5 Holgate       - Very tidy, did not do the wing-back thang though
5 Keane         - Worst game yet, appealing for offside when Morata gets past him for goal 2
4 Williams      - I'm not giving any points for 'having chances' he was nowhere near scoring with
4 Jagielka      - Fast opponents gave him nightmares
5 Baines        - Got forward about once, still he was better with the ball than all the other defenders
4 Gana          - Worst match I can remember, early booking and caught in possession on the edge of our area for goal 2
4 Davies        - Almost totally ineffective
4 Sigurdsson - Part of the totally over-run midfield
5 Rooney       - Showed flashes of skill and bad temper, targetted by them all match
4 Sandro       - Did not seem to be offering himself in the right areas

5 Bešić          - We were still on the backfoot but he did a much better job than Davies
6 Cal.-Lewin - Why the feck didn't he start, made very intelligent runs
6 Lennon     - Only just 6. Like DCL gave them something to actually worry about

August 28, 2017, 07:59:13 PM
Reply #3

Mac934

I agree with Marky Mark. Bad shit when subs get highest marks though.

August 28, 2017, 08:00:47 PM
Reply #4

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 28, 2017, 08:01:44 PM
Reply #5

Marky Mark and the funky

Thanks lads and you've reminded me... anyone care to rate the manager for his part in it :-/

August 28, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
Reply #6

SANA_DR0

all the subs should have started,  maybe not lennon (Lookman in his place)

least the defenders could have got some rest bite then.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

August 28, 2017, 08:24:14 PM
Reply #7

everton1952

rest bite Oh hee hee hee. That was funny.

August 28, 2017, 08:39:02 PM
Reply #8

Marky Mark and the funky

rest bite Oh hee hee hee. That was funny.

I'm trying to figure out if a joke went over my head or you're just not giving SANA_DR0 any respite.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 08:41:08 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

August 28, 2017, 09:27:52 PM
Reply #9

everton1952

hee hee hee . Dat is right dat is.

August 28, 2017, 09:42:42 PM
Reply #10

SANA_DR0

REST BITE ie, where is COSTA, has the deal been sorted? he didnt play against us, so it must be on.

wish Barry was there to give our boys a kiss.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

August 28, 2017, 09:46:17 PM
Reply #11

Marky Mark and the funky

REST BITE ie, where is COSTA, has the deal been sorted? he didnt play against us, so it must be on.

wish Barry was there to give our boys a kiss.

Cheeky recovery that ;D

August 28, 2017, 10:50:06 PM
Reply #12

Bluedylan

I'd give Koeman a 3. Turned up to a gun fight with a toothpick, and he's been here for well over a year and we still can't retain the ball in the opposition half, never mind near their box. And I don't mean against Chelsea and City. We still can't do it against Stoke or Ruzumberok.

Having my doubts about Ronald lately, after praising his set up at City. Not sure where this is all going.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

August 28, 2017, 10:59:55 PM
Reply #13

sam of the south

I'd give Koeman a 3. Turned up to a gun fight with a toothpick, and he's been here for well over a year and we still can't retain the ball in the opposition half, never mind near their box. And I don't mean against Chelsea and City. We still can't do it against Stoke or Ruzumberok.

Having my doubts about Ronald lately, after praising his set up at City. Not sure where this is all going.

Yup.

Even against sides like Ruzumberok, who must be equivalent to League 1/Championship, the ball retention is poor and the shape is unambitious.

Sure, much can be put down to new players lacking cohesion and familiarity with each other, but the general lack of penetration and attacking threat is starting to worry me.

However, the dearth of attacking enterprise that we generally show is secondary to the fact that we haven't had one decent, coherent 90 minute performance in any match under Koeman.

Results I understand can fluctuate under a new manager and with a plethora of new signings, however performances should start to show a consistency of theme.

And they don't.

At least not a positive one, anyway.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 28, 2017, 11:02:06 PM
Reply #14

Bluedylan

Yup.

Even against sides like Ruzumberok, who must be equivalent to League 1/Championship, the ball retention is poor and the shape is unambitious.

Sure, much can be put down to new players lacking cohesion and familiarity with each other, but the general lack of penetration and attacking threat is starting to worry me.

However, the dearth of attacking enterprise that we generally show is secondary to the fact that we haven't had one decent, coherent 90 minute performance in any match under Koeman.

Results I understand can fluctuate under a new manager and with a plethora of new signings, however performances should start to show a consistency of theme.

And they don't.

At least not a positive one, anyway.

Can't really see what the footballing plan or idea is behind our team, other than backs to the wall defending, long diagonals to DCL and hope we score one of our 3 shots at goal per match that we're averaging.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.