November 20, 2017, 09:21:48 PM

Author Topic: [News]Costa will be short term solution for Everton  (Read 1114 times)

August 29, 2017, 03:21:38 AM
Read 1114 times

Everton News

Costa will be short term solution for Everton

Everton are reportedly close to signing Spaniard Diego Costa on loan until January as a move to Atletico Madrid waits on their transfer embargo being lifted.

Source: Costa will be short term solution for Everton

deCoubertin

August 29, 2017, 03:40:53 AM
Reply #1

BlueForYou

Atletico sign him in January and extend his loan to us for remainder of the season

That'll do - buy us time
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 29, 2017, 03:42:07 AM
Reply #2

BlueBeagle

Atletico sign him in January and extend his loan to us for remainder of the season

That'll do - buy us time

And why would they do that?

August 29, 2017, 03:48:03 AM
Reply #3

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

August 29, 2017, 03:49:09 AM
Reply #4

dunkster

Would it be start of January or end of January?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 29, 2017, 03:49:40 AM
Reply #5

American Evertonian

And why would they do that?

Because deep down everyone is an Evertonian and they will want us to succeed. :D
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

August 29, 2017, 03:57:47 AM
Reply #6

indiantoffee1975

I'd be happy with a season long loan deal, a six month loan deal means we are back to square one and operate in a more difficult window to buy players once he has left us.

August 29, 2017, 04:00:57 AM
Reply #7

bacon sarnie

2 year deal or nowt. Not that contracts matter these days like.

August 29, 2017, 04:16:48 AM
Reply #8

toffee_scot

I suppose a 6 month deal for Costa is better than nothing. He can help us in the group stage of the Europa League and he will definitely be our main striker and score goals.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 04:18:15 AM by toffee_scot »

August 29, 2017, 04:22:53 AM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator
I suppose a 6 month deal for Costa is better than nothing. He can help us in the group stage of the Europa League and he will definitely be our main striker and score goals.

Could he play in Europe or would that cup tie him for Atletico in the CL? Can't remember what the script is with the EL and CL with regards being cup tied.

August 29, 2017, 04:30:27 AM
Reply #10

toffee_scot

Could he play in Europe or would that cup tie him for Atletico in the CL? Can't remember what the script is with the EL and CL with regards being cup tied.

From my understanding, during the season, a player can play for two different European clubs as long as it is not the same competition, so if he plays for us in the Europa League then he could later play for Atletico Madrid so long as they are still in the Champions League after the group stages.

August 29, 2017, 04:36:20 AM
Reply #11

Lxxx

Monaco want him too though. Monaco or Liverpool.... Monaco or Liverpool...

August 29, 2017, 04:39:02 AM
Reply #12

Bluebridge

I'm pretty certain if he plays europal league, that'd cuptie him, can only be done the other way round  and I imagine it would be till the 1ts January, cos their ban is lifted .

August 29, 2017, 07:15:13 PM
Reply #13

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Absolutely can't stand the man, but have said at work a very short term loan would make perfect sense to all concerned.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 29, 2017, 07:43:43 PM
Reply #14

MmmBlueRamirez

From my understanding, during the season, a player can play for two different European clubs as long as it is not the same competition, so if he plays for us in the Europa League then he could later play for Atletico Madrid so long as they are still in the Champions League after the group stages.

Winner winner chicken dinner!
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama