October 22, 2017, 07:01:13 PM

Author Topic: The false dawn & the stark realisation  (Read 5556 times)

August 29, 2017, 11:54:05 PM
Reply #15

Marky Mark and the funky

Is it sad one of the reasons I decided to sign on was reading one person on here complain you couldn't tool this bloke more than once a day, I thought every little might help lolol

I'm just joking right now bud, the actual answer to your question is what @Jimmywhack already said, you could have made this thread on Friday if the stars aligned for you but the curtain has not even come down yet!

deCoubertin

August 29, 2017, 11:56:39 PM
Reply #16

gizzblue

Defeatist early this season

August 29, 2017, 11:56:54 PM
Reply #17

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Any argument against the post mate?

Lots

1) False dawn after 270  mins of League football this season is a bit premature
2) The window is still open to get players in - as I've said in another post, four years ago on TDD there wasn't even a sniff about Lukaku joining until an hour or so before.
3) Sandro being shit? Forgive me for being a bit strange but I tend to judge players who have moved from a different league in a different country a little bit longer than two and a half games to make a judgement
4) Wages - the fact that we now have a number of players on over 100k a week when until last year our top player was on 70k is showing progress
5) Shitty loans and players from Cardiff? The only loan I've seen talked about is Costa - you may have heard of him, he's a bit decent. The terms may not be great, but if you'd have said six months ago that Diego Costa was going to be wearing an Everton shirt you'd have been carted off to the asylum. The lad from Cardiff, guaranteed you've never seen him play. You're like a blind man describing colour.
6) The Liver building thing is more evidence that Moshri is looking to develop the area around there for our new stadium and is in for the long haul.
7) You have conveniently forgotten to mention the paying off of debts which is something that crippled us for so long.

This project will take time, Rome wasn't built in a day.

[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 30, 2017, 12:00:32 AM
Reply #18

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We have broken our transfer record twice.Time will tell if Koeman is the man for the job but he is absolutely being backed. Remember when we didn't even spend what we earned in selling not long ago?

August 30, 2017, 12:02:03 AM
Reply #19

Shogun

Administrator
Can't be arsed with this.

Locked.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

August 30, 2017, 12:02:32 AM
Reply #20

Gash

Global Moderator
Still too early to say, even after Thursday it'll be a few games before we see how everyone's  settling in and gelling as a team but a lot rests on the next 48 hours.

The business we've done has been good, we bought a good mix of experienced leaders, players coming towards their prome and young prospects. We've clearly tried to replace one person's goals with multiple goal scorers from other areas of the park, somethibg Koeman always said even when Lukaku was here, we relied too much on his goals. However, much as like the new regime it will be a big bollock dropped if we don't at least get a decent striker in.

August 30, 2017, 12:12:39 AM
Reply #21

bacon sarnie

Defeatist early this season

Haha...shopping cart for Defeatist!

Don't worry mate its early doors yet. 7th place & glory in the Europa beckons.

August 30, 2017, 12:14:22 AM
Reply #22

Marky Mark and the funky

Ere lads @moderators, I think you might want to get the locks changed!

August 30, 2017, 12:15:12 AM
Reply #23

Realist

Is it sad one of the reasons I decided to sign on was reading one person on here complain you couldn't tool this bloke more than once a day, I thought every little might help lolol

I'm just joking right now bud, the actual answer to your question is what @Jimmywhack already said, you could have made this thread on Friday if the stars aligned for you but the curtain has not even come down yet!

Not looking great though is it mate let's be honest

August 30, 2017, 12:15:48 AM
Reply #24

Realist

August 30, 2017, 12:17:22 AM
Reply #25

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Ere lads @moderators, I think you might want to get the locks changed!

This is what happens when you give every fucker a key to your house

August 30, 2017, 12:18:45 AM
Reply #26

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Great input as always Audrey thanks love

Bit rich coming from the token red of the forum.
I have to return some videotapes.

August 30, 2017, 12:18:53 AM
Reply #27

hill135

August 30, 2017, 12:21:45 AM
Reply #28

Bob Sacamano

August 30, 2017, 12:24:05 AM
Reply #29

Paddockoldie

Everything looked so promising at the start of the window, we were signing players at will
Now here we are a few days before the window slams shut with no Lukaku replacement, no wingers and no LCB/LB which Koeman wanted.

Don't go on about wages because I'm not arsed if Sandro's on 120k a week (he's crap)

Now we are linked with Cardiff players and shitty loan deals to replace arguably one of the best strikers in the league, its shambolic at best

Also people buzzing that Moshiri bought the Liver birds is cringeworthy because they won't score 25 goals a season

Another false dawn at Everton I'm afraid

I'm not sure what your agenda is lad but you need to sort your head out. I've watched us all my 50 odd years and have seen some shit over the years but also success that I always dreamt of. Not sure what your looking for with this question but you don't sound like a proper blue to me lad.. do yourself a favour and ask yourself why?