October 17, 2017, 08:57:40 AM

Author Topic: The false dawn & the stark realisation  (Read 5423 times)

August 31, 2017, 02:41:06 AM
Reply #210

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Demand? To be honest mate I can't be arsed arguing with you, I have probably been passive at best but certainly not aggressive - if you'd like to point out where I was aggressive I'll have a look but this is going nowhere and I don't see the point

Now see, I was trying to help you here. 'Show me....' and 'Quote me...' are demand triggers for starting a sentence. As I said in the other post I wasn't saying you were being aggressive, but could see why others did. In future though I won't try to help/defend you if that's the attitude
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

deCoubertin

August 31, 2017, 02:43:14 AM
Reply #211

Realist

Now see, I was trying to help you here. 'Show me....' and 'Quote me...' are demand triggers for starting a sentence. As I said in the other post I wasn't saying you were being aggressive, but could see why others did. In future though I won't try to help/defend you if that's the attitude

That's fine don't, like I said I've asked (nicely) to be "pointed" to where I was being aggressive and still no one has given me an example
I don't need looking after I'm not a minor
Have a good holiday

August 31, 2017, 02:48:17 AM
Reply #212

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
That's fine don't, like I said I've asked (nicely) to be "pointed" to where I was being aggressive and still no one has given me an example
I don't need looking after I'm not a minor
Have a good holiday

Everyone needs looking after sometimes sweetheart. Don't be afraid to embrace friendship

August 31, 2017, 02:49:50 AM
Reply #213

Realist

Everyone needs looking after sometimes sweetheart. Don't be afraid to embrace friendship
:blush: :hug: xxxx

August 31, 2017, 02:54:34 AM
Reply #214

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

August 31, 2017, 03:00:00 AM
Reply #215

Gash

Global Moderator
Demand? To be honest mate I can't be arsed arguing with you, I have probably been passive at best but certainly not aggressive - if you'd like to point out where I was aggressive I'll have a look but this is going nowhere and I don't see the point

You're right, so let's just leave it at that.

August 31, 2017, 03:20:26 AM
Reply #216

Heisenberg

What did we need before the window?

Goalie - Got one, and nailed it in my opinion
2 centre backs- Got one
A winger - Not going to count Sandro as I see him as a wide forward for a formation we don't play
LB cover- Not happening
Striker - This should never have went to deadline day
Striker cover - Rooney? Not very good cover mind, he can't play this position anymore.

That really isn't a good window. We had needs and haven't addressed them

August 31, 2017, 03:32:53 AM
Reply #217

arteta4spain

I can't even be arsed going through this thread but I do think we need some perspective. We're not going to attract top drawer players and we're in a funny position because we're better than around 2/3rds of the league. Therefore the calibre of players are very small. This has lead to us possibly being reliant on what other clubs are doing.
We're not City where we can buy whoever we want and with ffp (even if this even exists in the aftermath of the Naymar transfer) it's been extremely difficult to recruit.
We need champions league players for a europa league team.
I think we need to realise that it's not like oh he's what we need let's get him in. Can't see us just hanging onto Girouds every word I think it's just been a very difficult process.
I'm disappointed and yeah starting to fume a little but we're in some kind of transfer limbo and I think our performances will change that for the better or worse. But it's a cyclical effect in that how do we improve if we can't get the better players.
Time will tell I suppose.

August 31, 2017, 03:34:35 AM
Reply #218

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

August 31, 2017, 03:35:43 AM
Reply #219

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber

August 31, 2017, 03:43:42 AM
Reply #220

Heisenberg

I can't even be arsed going through this thread but I do think we need some perspective. We're not going to attract top drawer players and we're in a funny position because we're better than around 2/3rds of the league. Therefore the calibre of players are very small. This has lead to us possibly being reliant on what other clubs are doing.
We're not City where we can buy whoever we want and with ffp (even if this even exists in the aftermath of the Naymar transfer) it's been extremely difficult to recruit.
We need champions league players for a europa league team.
I think we need to realise that it's not like oh he's what we need let's get him in. Can't see us just hanging onto Girouds every word I think it's just been a very difficult process.
I'm disappointed and yeah starting to fume a little but we're in some kind of transfer limbo and I think our performances will change that for the better or worse. But it's a cyclical effect in that how do we improve if we can't get the better players.
Time will tell I suppose.

I think the bare minimum what we should have is players to play in every position. We have made ourselves so unbalanced and narrow

August 31, 2017, 05:00:55 AM
Reply #221

Running Blue

Just wait 3 more days, then you have full license to lose your shit if we don't get what we need.

Let's just see what the next 48 hours brings.

I hope he just loses his NSNO password.

August 31, 2017, 07:12:44 PM
Reply #222

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
You see the word please?
So you called me aggressive, I asked for an example and you said that's being aggressive?
Haha WTF man

Yes, it's being aggressive. Think about talking to people in a public place. If you start leaving out words your statements then sound different. Someone being genuine and polite would say 'Why do you think I'm aggressive'. You adding the 'please' is like my saying 'shut the fuck up you troll' and adding a smiley to pretend I was being polite. Just as your previous 'question' was a demand that I explain why you are a troll..

August 31, 2017, 07:18:15 PM
Reply #223

Gash

Global Moderator
Jesus, just let it fucking go.