October 20, 2017, 05:42:35 PM

Author Topic: The false dawn & the stark realisation  (Read 5489 times)

August 30, 2017, 12:25:17 AM
Reply #30

Marky Mark and the funky

Not looking great though is it mate let's be honest

To be fair I expect positive strides to be taken, moot until Friday dude. There are legitimate things to be critical about but at the very least you pick things to get a rise out of people (if you get a kick out of it and others enjoy feeding that, whatever).

You've done yourself a disservice with the Liver birds part, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

deCoubertin

August 30, 2017, 12:28:36 AM
Reply #31

Bob Sacamano

He went full kopite at Liver Birds.

August 30, 2017, 12:29:47 AM
Reply #32

KoemansNumberTens

We are still well short of them above us but did anyone really expect anything different.

Still maintain moshiri has been great. If I have 1 complaint I think maybe koeman lacks ambition in what he's doing. though I think I might just be over doing my upset about the Sigurdsson signing

Still days left. Still looking for players. If we fall short it will be down to individuals rather than the money not being there. Many more questions about our manager than our owner and even then so far he's been very good

August 30, 2017, 12:30:58 AM
Reply #33

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest with you, I said after Lukaku went that the next major signing not inc. sig would shape my perception of the window and of the project. I still stand by that and past experiences have told me to never take the clubs word on face value and to question the moves we make.

If after the next 3 days we are in the same boat, I believe serious questions must be asked about preparedness or willingness to resolve the squads deficiencies.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 30, 2017, 12:32:11 AM
Reply #34

Faceatthefence

Meanwhile in more pressing news,Stan Kroenke and Alishar Usmanov have pledged Arsene Wengers entire transfer budget on a remake of that global blockbuster "THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE"  That is all !
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:34:42 AM by Faceatthefence »
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

August 30, 2017, 12:32:27 AM
Reply #35

Realist

To be fair I expect positive strides to be taken, moot until Friday dude. There are legitimate things to be critical about but at the very least you pick things to get a rise out of people (if you get a kick out of it and others enjoy feeding that, whatever).

You've done yourself a disservice with the Liver birds part, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'm just saying people are made up he's bought a building in town while the squad is in desperate need of players that's all

August 30, 2017, 12:33:05 AM
Reply #36

MmmBlueRamirez

False dawn. I went out with a Dawn. She was definitely real.

Anyway, false dawns are the new fake news.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 30, 2017, 12:35:04 AM
Reply #37

Marky Mark and the funky

I'm just saying people are made up he's bought a building in town while the squad is in desperate need of players that's all

Random shout, do you live in Jersey? Fair play if you'd rather not say of course.

Erm I'm in Australia so dont' think this is some kind of trick either!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:37:50 AM by Marky Mark and the funky »

August 30, 2017, 12:38:34 AM
Reply #38

Realist

To be honest with you, I said after Lukaku went that the next major signing not inc. sig would shape my perception of the window and of the project. I still stand by that and past experiences have told me to never take the clubs word on face value and to question the moves we make.

If after the next 3 days we are in the same boat, I believe serious questions must be asked about preparedness or willingness to resolve the squads deficiencies.

At last someone who's realistic, stop pretending it's ok guys - it's not

August 30, 2017, 12:40:09 AM
Reply #39

Realist

Random shout, do you live in Jersey? Fair play if you'd rather not say of course.

Erm I'm in Australia so dont' think this is some kind of trick either!

Don't get that, I don't live in Jersey no

*Nice to see Bob the Bore is on top form again

August 30, 2017, 12:40:25 AM
Reply #40

KoemansNumberTens

At last someone who's realistic, stop pretending it's ok guys - it's not

What's not okay? It won't be okay on Friday. It's okay until then.

August 30, 2017, 12:45:30 AM
Reply #41

Marky Mark and the funky

Don't get that, I don't live in Jersey no

*Nice to see Bob the Bore is on top form again

Only fair I explain now. I knew (via internet) a very 'defeatist' Everton fan from Jersey, I would have asked the initial of your name next if you'd said yes ;)

August 30, 2017, 12:46:06 AM
Reply #42

mikey_blue

This thread sounds like a Game of Thrones episode. Moving on...

Your sense of entitlement really irks me.

We've had a new owner for 5 minutes, and you just think we're going knock football off its axis. It's not even like he's on par with some of the other billionaires in this league.

We're not in a position to replace one of if not the best striker in the league. A like for like replacement isn't feasible, because footballers aren't slaves, and they have to agree to come to Everton. It's not football manager where we can just lob 100m to Belotti and get on with taking over the world of football.

Go and support PSG, they're essentially doing what you expect Everton to do. It's a win win for all of us.

August 30, 2017, 12:49:37 AM
Reply #43

74Blue

The time to judge our transfer business this summer is surely closer to the end of the season when we can actually see whether We're still in touching distance of the top four or still in with a shout of winning some silverware, not three games into the season you fucking loon!

August 30, 2017, 12:50:54 AM
Reply #44

eyesalwaysblue

We have a better defense, Liver buildings a separate business thing with his partner i think. 2 days to fix some of the other things, if no new striker Sandro could still turn out good, think things need to be sorted with Miralles incase we need him if we miss a striker, but Koeman not 1 for the olive branch. Chaos at the moment but still time..
I still despise Clive Thomas..