October 22, 2017, 12:33:03 AM

Author Topic: The false dawn & the stark realisation  (Read 5523 times)

August 30, 2017, 12:52:22 AM
Reply #45

Realist

What's not okay? It won't be okay on Friday. It's okay until then.

Is it really? So you're happy with the squad right now?

deCoubertin

August 30, 2017, 12:53:39 AM
Reply #46

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
How many games have you spent watching Sandro closely to form this opinion?

More like
Y to have been watching our neighbours, just comes on here to try and wind people up.

August 30, 2017, 12:54:56 AM
Reply #47

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

I think the term "YOUR squad" as opposed to OUR squad says it all.

August 30, 2017, 12:55:05 AM
Reply #48

Realist

The time to judge our transfer business this summer is surely closer to the end of the season when we can actually see whether We're still in touching distance of the top four or still in with a shout of winning some silverware, not three games into the season you fucking loon!

What's more looney, questioning the squad now or thinking it has a chance of being anywhere near the top 4?

August 30, 2017, 12:57:26 AM
Reply #49

KoemansNumberTens

No but it's not Friday.

August 30, 2017, 12:57:37 AM
Reply #50

Marky Mark and the funky

@Defeatist

There are loads of threads around discussing the squad, the last match, tactics, transfers etc

Why can't you go and contribute on some of them, your modus operandi of starting a thread and then dominating it with doom and gloom is also classic attention-seeker/troll behaviour.

For example @MartinezsLeftTeste has already explained his thoughts on the squad (what was the count folks, I think someone said 300 times ;)) in loads of other threads. Why are you conspicuous by your abscence from these?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:59:11 AM by Marky Mark and the funky »

August 30, 2017, 12:57:45 AM
Reply #51

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
What's more looney, questioning the squad now or thinking it has a chance of being anywhere near the top 4?

Nothing
We
Were
EVER
Going
To
Do
This
Window
Would
Have
Made
Top 4
Possible.

Spelt that out for you one word at a time so you can see the massive error that is the root cause of your disastrous attitude towards us.

August 30, 2017, 12:57:52 AM
Reply #52

Realist

I think the term "YOUR squad" as opposed to OUR squad says it all.

Are you backward? Where does it say YOUR squad?

August 30, 2017, 12:59:52 AM
Reply #53

Realist

@Defeatist

There are loads of threads around discussing the squad, the last match, tactics, transfers etc

Why can't you go and contribute on some of them, your modus operandi of starting a thread and then dominating it with doom a gloom is also classic attention-seeker/troll behaviour.

For example @MartinezsLeftTeste has already explained his thoughts on the squad (what was the count folks, I think someone said 300 times ;)) in loads of other threads. Why are you conspicuous by your abscence from these?

Are you asking why I'm not in that guys thread? Do I have to participate in every thread to warrant starting my own one?
 No I don't

August 30, 2017, 01:02:56 AM
Reply #54

Marky Mark and the funky

Are you asking why I'm not in that guys thread? Do I have to participate in every thread to warrant starting my own one?
 No I don't

I'm trying to be fair man. So you think a forum works by you ignoring a multitude of threads where people are already discussing much of what you've said, and that we should all start our own threads before looking to see if the answers/discussions are already there/in progress?

August 30, 2017, 01:03:13 AM
Reply #55

AllyBlue14

At what point have we been priced out of a move?

There's nothing else Moshiri can really do - if a player doesn't want to move or the club aren't going to sell, it's not his fault, is it?

The fact that we haven't replaced Lukaku yet isn't Moshiri's doing at all.

Plus the Liver Building thing is a great talking point for winding up the RS - wouldn't you say?

August 30, 2017, 01:03:51 AM
Reply #56

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest with you, I said after Lukaku went that the next major signing not inc. sig would shape my perception of the window and of the project. I still stand by that and past experiences have told me to never take the clubs word on face value and to question the moves we make.

If after the next 3 days we are in the same boat, I believe serious questions must be asked about preparedness or willingness to resolve the squads deficiencies.

Let me also be clear that I think so far - Moshiri has backed Koeman.

Pickford, Klaassen, Sig, Keane - all very serious outlays we would never have been capable of before, on big wages we have never paid before.

However, like I say, I don't accept it on face value and it is very, very important to me how we close this window.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 30, 2017, 01:04:41 AM
Reply #57

Redartin

I hate international breaks.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

August 30, 2017, 01:06:50 AM
Reply #58

Bob Sacamano

Don't get that, I don't live in Jersey no

*Nice to see Bob the Bore is on top form again

Good evening, you dopey prick.

Edit: added the good. Didn't want to seem rude.

August 30, 2017, 01:12:13 AM
Reply #59

74Blue

Would you be happier for us to be still starting games with Robles or Steklenburg between the sticks? We have brought in a truly excellent young keeper in Pickford. He's streets ahead of what we had to persist with last season.
Are you disappointed with Michael Keane? He's a definite upgrade on Funes More, that's  for sure.
Are you pissed off that we persisted and got Gylfi Siggurdson in? Whether or not you feel we overpaid, he's proven premier league quality with stats to back that up and a damn sight more consistent than Barkley will ever be whilst he has a hole in his arse.
Davy Klaassen is showing signs that there is a proper player in there, although he will need a little time to settle and get used to the pace of the PL. Sandro may well be a great bit of business, but like Klaassen will need a little time to settle in a new country and a new league.
We have our first choice right back out of action through long term injury, so have brought in some experienced cover on a free. True, he's not a world class fullback, but he'll do for a couple of months as cover until Coleman's fit again.
We've got Wayne Rooney back and actually looking like he's starting to give a shite about football again.
There are still a few areas where we do need to strengthen a little, but fuck me, you're impatient.
There's a long season ahead and I've got to say that I feel a lot happier with the progress being made than pissed off at what We've lost.