October 24, 2017, 12:51:46 PM

Author Topic: The false dawn & the stark realisation  (Read 5600 times)

August 30, 2017, 01:12:56 AM
Reply #60

Tofifee

imagine the fuuummeee when we sign Earl Barrett and Marc Hottiger on Thursday........

deCoubertin

August 30, 2017, 01:13:58 AM
Reply #61

gizzblue

At what point have we been priced out of a move?

There's nothing else Moshiri can really do - if a player doesn't want to move or the club aren't going to sell, it's not his fault, is it?

The fact that we haven't replaced Lukaku yet isn't Moshiri's doing at all.

Plus the Liver Building thing is a great talking point for winding up the RS - wouldn't you say?
Not from a redshites point of view 😅😅😅

August 30, 2017, 01:14:27 AM
Reply #62

KoemansNumberTens

@Defeatist

There are loads of threads around discussing the squad, the last match, tactics, transfers etc

Why can't you go and contribute on some of them, your modus operandi of starting a thread and then dominating it with doom and gloom is also classic attention-seeker/troll behaviour.

For example @MartinezsLeftTeste has already explained his thoughts on the squad (what was the count folks, I think someone said 300 times ;)) in loads of other threads. Why are you conspicuous by your abscence from these?

I like to mention our lack of wingers every time a minute passes without a whipped in cross.

August 30, 2017, 01:15:44 AM
Reply #63

Topper

We have lost one game this season away to the league champions, our centre forward Sandro has missed a couple of games and is put straight in to start, If you can judge a player on a few minutes of Premier league football it's about time you were scouting for us.

Come back in December once the new signings have bedded in and we can judge the season and our new players then.  Im not saying we are going to finish top 4 but we should be getting behind our squad and hopefully build up to a good season. 

No offence but the Defeatist name could not not be any more apt and I dont imagine you would be winning any prizes for motivational speeches.  A minus 35 karma rating says it all to be honest

August 30, 2017, 01:17:31 AM
Reply #64

eyesalwaysblue

Say it ain't so, are you really a Red? i feel dry bummed, i believed in you, you swine.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 30, 2017, 01:24:07 AM
Reply #65

74Blue

What's more looney, questioning the squad now or thinking it has a chance of being anywhere near the top 4?
Leicester City won the fucking league with a worse squad than ours.
There's a long season ahead with plenty of twists and turns. If you keep plugging away and picking up points, you just never know. I'm not saying we'll be Champions come May, but I'm willing to stick my neck out and say that we will finish this season closer to the top 2 than the bottom 3.

August 30, 2017, 01:26:23 AM
Reply #66

Martip

Fingers crossed they pull a surprise out before deadline !

August 30, 2017, 01:26:48 AM
Reply #67

Marky Mark and the funky

Say it ain't so, are you really a Red? i feel dry bummed, i believed in you, you swine.

Are you saying you'd be happy getting rogered by a poo supporter, as long as they used lube :o

August 30, 2017, 01:29:59 AM
Reply #68

eyesalwaysblue

Are you saying you'd be happy getting rogered by a poo supporter, as long as they used lube :o
No not really
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 30, 2017, 01:30:52 AM
Reply #69

Marky Mark and the funky

August 30, 2017, 01:36:14 AM
Reply #70

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Is it really? So you're happy with the squad right now?
I'm very happy. I'm a happy type of person. I'm happy about everything. I'm happy to see you back.  I'm happy at being happy. I'm even more happy at other people being happy. In fact I really could be THE Mr Happy.
I'm happy I've written this, 
I saw a squirrel this morning, that looked happy as well. All the hedgehog food disappeared overnight so I'm guessing he's happy and the dog just rolled on his back and wagged his tail so he is most definitely happy.
Have a happy evening.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

August 30, 2017, 01:38:19 AM
Reply #71

Sixx1402

Oh dear, I just don't understand any of this

This instant success thing doesn't happen anymore like it did with Chelsea and City because everyone in this league has money now so no top 4 means no top players unless you unearth a bargain (see Leicester)

What can anyone do at the club if our top targets don't want to come? Romance them with wine and chocolates?

This is a work in progress, most people on here (me included) are thinking 7th again will be our highest but what is wrong with that for the time being?

Things are being BUILT and put into motion, that's the point here. You can't expect it to happen within 2 seasons unless you are VERY lucky (see Leicester)

Sandro shit after 2 and a half games? Please, behave.

It's likely we won't be doing a title charge this season but what we are doing is buying lots of quality youngsters so hopefully we will build a title winning side in a few years if they all come good.

Kind of like some guy did once, think his name was Ferguson or something. From what i remember they did ok
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

August 30, 2017, 01:43:02 AM
Reply #72

Martip

Although it feels too early to make judgement, have to admit not overwhelmed by our business to date which has felt lazy and predictable. I'm sure keane and pickford will prove good buys but we paid proper money for them. As for the rest of koemans signings id say the jury's still out....bolasie, lookman, Williams, sandro, morgan, rooney, klasson ....most brought for a lot of money but yet to prove anywhere near worthwhile. Only gueye has shone imo.

It would be unforgivable if we dont  get a world class striker/some pace in given we knew Rom was off very early doors....especially as it feels we 've wasted time on targets who weren't a necessity. Gonna throw this out there....i think koemans signings have generally been poor/bad value for money. (Awaits barrage of abuse ! )

August 30, 2017, 01:45:38 AM
Reply #73

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Although it feels too early to make judgement, have to admit not overwhelmed by our business to date which has felt lazy and predictable. I'm sure keane and pickford will prove good buys but we paid proper money for them. As for the rest of koemans signings id say the jury's still out....bolasie, lookman, Williams, sandro, morgan, rooney, klasson ....most brought for a lot of money but yet to prove anywhere near worthwhile. Only gueye has shone imo.

It would be unforgivable if we dont  get a world class striker/some pace in given we knew Rom was off very early doors....especially as it feels we 've wasted time on targets who weren't a necessity. Gonna throw this out there....i think koemans signings have generally been poor/bad value for money. (Awaits barrage of abuse ! )

I can tell you right now that there is no way we are going to get a 'world class striker'.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 30, 2017, 01:46:55 AM
Reply #74

gizzblue

So can you say with honesty they are worse than the dros they replaced ???...from Martinez's phenomenal team .