July 18, 2018, 10:26:09 AM

Author Topic: The false dawn & the stark realisation  (Read 10022 times)

August 30, 2017, 03:58:55 PM
Reply #15

Marky Mark and the funky

When I've got time on my hands I'm absolutely keeping track of the football rumours. This obsession will end after the transfer window closes!

p.s. I'd rather not have this much time on my hands but ah well, should change soon.

August 30, 2017, 04:47:51 PM
Reply #16

Marky Mark and the funky

One small thing I'm finding funny but I almost don't want to stick my neck out and say it.

If everyone is so busy with life how come there is a five-deep queue waiting to fist the red whenever he posts lolol

August 30, 2017, 04:51:59 PM
Reply #17

Marky Mark and the funky

I'm on my holidays

Wasn't really after a serious explanation mate, as you said many are finding the reverse-trolling fun, including me!

August 30, 2017, 05:03:47 PM
Reply #18

Marky Mark and the funky

I've explained 1000 times I'm not a red. So I'll ask you the question I ask others who come out with the same crap - why if my thoughts are not the same as yours am I immediately labelled a Liverpool fan or a troll?

Unlike most I won't just 'tool' you (I know you don't care anyway) for just posting negative opinions. I wouldn't even mind if you were a redshite because you're very polite until provoked.

The red part is the whole nature of how you go about your posting really man, I don't know how you cannot see it, you just seem completely joyless about what it is to be a 'toffee'.

Whilst I was doing this you've managed the cliché of repeating things you've already asked over and again.

August 30, 2017, 05:14:42 PM
Reply #19

Marky Mark and the funky

Don't really know what people are getting out of it.

Made up to be desperate our 19 year old reserve striker starts 40+ games this year are we lads?

Questions are rightfully being asked, maybe in an annoying way but there's a conversation there to be had like. Think more agree with him than are letting on an all.

Also @Gash

There is already a thread dedicated to critiquing our "New Striker" options, and lack thereof many are concerned about. How is started lots of little mini-arguments and looping them back to "Tell me why I'm wrong boys" a good concept for a discussion?

@Jamokachi and @Escla sort of agree
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:18:13 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

August 30, 2017, 05:20:50 PM
Reply #20

Marky Mark and the funky

The thread title does kinda say 'come in and kick the troll'?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:24:54 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

August 30, 2017, 07:02:03 PM
Reply #21

Marky Mark and the funky

I get he'll be furious but at what stage do you stop jumping up and down and moaning about what you haven't got and start trying to fashion a formation and style of play that gets the best use of what you do have. We don't have a bad squad at all and we have the numbers now that we haven't had for as long as I can remember.
No manager in the league is happy with what they have, even Mourinho and Guardiola want more and they've spent about half a billion between them on their squads over the past few years.

At some point you have to accept the board may or may not have done enough and then knuckle down with what you have. I get the impression Koeman will be intentionally brooding in public for the next few weeks and not shy in letting everyone know it, instead of keeping his counsel and working overtime to try to find a system that suits the players he has at his disposal.

I see what you are saying about knuckling down and working with what you have, that should be happening already. Surely Koeman is entitled to keep on talking about wanting a striker for the moment, maybe if he's still bleating in a fortnight/past the next match you'd have a point. It is not just Koeman that thinks we are lacking one more centre-forward is it?

As it stands, if Dominic and Wayne got crocked who is left to play upfront? Ramírez or nobody :-\
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 07:03:57 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

August 30, 2017, 07:45:47 PM
Reply #22

Marky Mark and the funky

I get what you're saying but it took us nearly 5 weeks and £45m to sign Sigurdsson. If the striking position was so badly lacking shouldn't that have been the focus then for over a month instead of trying to appease a manager who it looks like has said 'Get him at all costs.'

I'm not saying Sig isn't a good signing but it wasn't an area that was screaming and flashing in need of urgent attention. Maybe if we would have spent time, money and effort on a striker as a priority we would have been scrabbling round now for attacking midfield support instead, with the difference being anyone being brought in now would have been supplementary to the good options we already have, instead of frantically trying to fill a gaping hole in the squad.

There is no doubt Koeman was a big influence on persisting with Sigurdsson. It does not necessarily directly correlate with not looking for a striker, perhaps key people's time was taken up negotiating with Swansea, but I consider it equally likely that is nothing to do with it, we've just struggled to identify an attainable target or negotiations we don't know about are in progess.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 07:53:33 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

August 30, 2017, 08:15:02 PM
Reply #23

Marky Mark and the funky

Of course we may still do that in the 36 hours left in the window but failure to do it, after knowing Lukaku was wanting to go for over a year and then eventually going 6 weeks ago, is pretty poor whichever way you look at it.

Aye, very important 36 hours but OK, still we have this time to get the striker we need.