November 13, 2018, 03:48:24 AM

Author Topic: The false dawn & the stark realisation  (Read 11247 times)

August 30, 2017, 12:30:58 AM
Read 11247 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest with you, I said after Lukaku went that the next major signing not inc. sig would shape my perception of the window and of the project. I still stand by that and past experiences have told me to never take the clubs word on face value and to question the moves we make.

If after the next 3 days we are in the same boat, I believe serious questions must be asked about preparedness or willingness to resolve the squads deficiencies.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 30, 2017, 01:03:51 AM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest with you, I said after Lukaku went that the next major signing not inc. sig would shape my perception of the window and of the project. I still stand by that and past experiences have told me to never take the clubs word on face value and to question the moves we make.

If after the next 3 days we are in the same boat, I believe serious questions must be asked about preparedness or willingness to resolve the squads deficiencies.

Let me also be clear that I think so far - Moshiri has backed Koeman.

Pickford, Klaassen, Sig, Keane - all very serious outlays we would never have been capable of before, on big wages we have never paid before.

However, like I say, I don't accept it on face value and it is very, very important to me how we close this window.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 30, 2017, 01:45:38 AM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Although it feels too early to make judgement, have to admit not overwhelmed by our business to date which has felt lazy and predictable. I'm sure keane and pickford will prove good buys but we paid proper money for them. As for the rest of koemans signings id say the jury's still out....bolasie, lookman, Williams, sandro, morgan, rooney, klasson ....most brought for a lot of money but yet to prove anywhere near worthwhile. Only gueye has shone imo.

It would be unforgivable if we dont  get a world class striker/some pace in given we knew Rom was off very early doors....especially as it feels we 've wasted time on targets who weren't a necessity. Gonna throw this out there....i think koemans signings have generally been poor/bad value for money. (Awaits barrage of abuse ! )

I can tell you right now that there is no way we are going to get a 'world class striker'.

August 30, 2017, 01:48:34 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
In what way does Keane look iffy!?

I like the look of Keane and I think he's going to be a good player for us but I think Jags is still the best defender at the club.

Think Keane needs a Distin next to him personally, but instead he has two players who are very similar. Don't think Keane is that comfortable stepping out onto the ball and winning it. He definitely looks a bit ponderous on the turn and slow across the ground.

August 30, 2017, 05:09:32 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest, if people commented on his original point rather than jumping on him every time he posts there would probably be a half decent thread going on. Sometimes it's better not to comment at all rather than get involved in some petty name calling.

Don't really know what people are getting out of it.

Made up to be desperate our 19 year old reserve striker starts 40+ games this year are we lads?

Questions are rightfully being asked, maybe in an annoying way but there's a conversation there to be had like. Think more agree with him than are letting on an all.