October 24, 2019, 06:47:07 AM

Author Topic: The false dawn & the stark realisation  (Read 14905 times)

August 30, 2017, 05:10:51 PM
Reply #165

MrWhite

Explain why I'm trolling? Where's Lukakus replacement?

Despite previous reactions, you keep doing the same thing. Ergo, troll. If you're not a troll, why are you so aggressive with your posts?

Lukaku's replacement? Exactly which top class striker could we buy that would agree to come to a team not in the Champion's League? If you just mean a striker in general, please check your calendar. The window doesn't close for a couple of days yet.

August 30, 2017, 05:11:23 PM
Reply #166

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Quite sad that you're on holiday and you're posting here every 5 minutes, where are you in Rhyl?

Well, I'm an early riser and have done a lot of what I need to be done by 7am. I'm also a night owl so don't need to do loads during the day. I also have six weeks holidays and I like to spend it reading the forum and catching up on threads that I don't get time to when I'm working. No, I'm not from Rhyl.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 30, 2017, 05:12:41 PM
Reply #167

Jamokachi

To be honest, if people commented on his original point rather than jumping on him every time he posts there would probably be a half decent thread going on. Sometimes it's better not to comment at all rather than get involved in some petty name calling.

That's bullshit Gash, and you know it. These threads are sensationalist and are only designed to provoke a reaction. The shame is that so many people get suckered in.

August 30, 2017, 05:14:00 PM
Reply #168

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
That's bullshit Gash, and you know it. These threads are sensationalist and are only designed to provoke a reaction. The shame is that so many people get suckered in.
Second that !

August 30, 2017, 05:14:42 PM
Reply #169

Marky Mark and the funky

Don't really know what people are getting out of it.

Made up to be desperate our 19 year old reserve striker starts 40+ games this year are we lads?

Questions are rightfully being asked, maybe in an annoying way but there's a conversation there to be had like. Think more agree with him than are letting on an all.

Also @Gash

There is already a thread dedicated to critiquing our "New Striker" options, and lack thereof many are concerned about. How is started lots of little mini-arguments and looping them back to "Tell me why I'm wrong boys" a good concept for a discussion?

@Jamokachi and @Escla sort of agree
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:18:13 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

August 30, 2017, 05:15:33 PM
Reply #170

MrWhite

To be honest, if people commented on his original point rather than jumping on him every time he posts there would probably be a half decent thread going on. Sometimes it's better not to comment at all rather than get involved in some petty name calling.

Maybe, but given that the actual topics of who we are/should be buying, various players performance and positions is all being discussed, and we're all waiting to see if we actually get any of the important positions covered, which is out of our control..

The thread title does kinda say 'come in and kick the troll'? Unless you really are at the end of your tether, which it seems most people are not..

August 30, 2017, 05:15:39 PM
Reply #171

Gash

Global Moderator

Nah, we've seen plenty like him in the past, they come and go. Often it's the people reacting that let themselves down just as badly. Outside of people rising to it there's a discussion to be had even if it's put across in a throughly miserable manner.

August 30, 2017, 05:20:46 PM
Reply #172

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Don't really know what people are getting out of it.

Made up to be desperate our 19 year old reserve striker starts 40+ games this year are we lads?

Questions are rightfully being asked, maybe in an annoying way but there's a conversation there to be had like. Think more agree with him than are letting on an all.

The problem is, if you responded to him logically and challenge his points (see my seven point response earlier) he either doesn't respond or he comes up with the same stuff again in an even more negative way which then makes it difficult to have a rational debate.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 30, 2017, 05:20:50 PM
Reply #173

Marky Mark and the funky

The thread title does kinda say 'come in and kick the troll'?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:24:54 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

August 30, 2017, 05:59:17 PM
Reply #174

Lxxx

Surely any 'False dawn and stark realisation' thread should only come into force after the transfer window has ended. Don't know why it wasn't locked and then unlocked on Friday morning to see whether the thread title is even applicable or not.

August 30, 2017, 06:03:38 PM
Reply #175

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Surely any 'False dawn and stark realisation' thread should only come into force after the transfer window has ended. Don't know why it wasn't locked and then unlocked on Friday morning to see whether the thread title is even applicable or not.

Shogun tried to lock it on page 2 but someone must have picked the lock.

August 30, 2017, 06:08:39 PM
Reply #176

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Or when it actually has a negative impact on the season. So many knee jerks before the team has even had a chance to gel and show what it can (or cannot) do.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 30, 2017, 06:18:23 PM
Reply #177

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Don't see any false dawn tbh.

More to running a football club than transfers and if you can't see we're heading in the right direction then I don't know what you want.

Yeah it'll be dissapointing if we don't get a striker in. But it's merely a blip on what's been a very productive and ambitious 18 months for the club.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 30, 2017, 06:24:47 PM
Reply #178

everton1952

Judging from Koeman's comments it won't be a blip to him. 2 weeks ago he said he would like 2 new strikers, now he has reduced his remarks to the singular. Of course he may have to make do, but he won't like it and will say so when people question negative performances.

August 30, 2017, 06:34:37 PM
Reply #179

Macca77

Don't see any false dawn tbh.

More to running a football club than transfers and if you can't see we're heading in the right direction then I don't know what you want.

Yeah it'll be dissapointing if we don't get a striker in. But it's merely a blip on what's been a very productive and ambitious 18 months for the club.

And the truth shall set you free.....