December 13, 2018, 06:09:23 AM

Author Topic: The false dawn & the stark realisation  (Read 11498 times)

August 30, 2017, 07:55:28 PM
Reply #195

74Blue

Designed to provoke a reaction yes but the only reaction I want is a discussion & people's views, it's not my fault people start acting daft when I post a thread is it?
Reactions, views and discussions are what forums are all about. It would be really boring of every single fan shared the exact same opinion. I am very much of the opinion that we have done some decent business this summer and improvements have been made. However, I'm not so blinkered that I can't see that we are still a way off being able to mix it with the real European elite. I'm just happy to see progress being made, but I do understand that some just want success right away. I get that some are concerned that we Don't appear to have adequately replaced Lukaku yet, but I also feel that RK is looking to revamp the squad, rather than just replacing like for like. In any case, goal machines are a very scarce commodity.

August 30, 2017, 08:10:24 PM
Reply #196

Lxxx

There is no doubt Koeman was a big influence on persisting with Sigurdsson. It does not necessarily directly correlate with not looking for a striker, perhaps key people's time was taken up negotiating with Swansea, but I consider it equally likely that is nothing to do with it, we've just struggled to identify an attainable target or negotiations we don't know about are in progess.

Fair points but a major part of this window will be judged on how we have replaced the goals of the one top drawer player we had in the squad, which we let go for a huge amount of money. Saying we've spread them around is valid to a degree but at some point you need a reliable front man to play off and contribute himself.

Of course we may still do that in the 36 hours left in the window but failure to do it, after knowing Lukaku was wanting to go for over a year and then eventually going 6 weeks ago, is pretty poor whichever way you look at it.

August 30, 2017, 08:15:02 PM
Reply #197

Marky Mark and the funky

Of course we may still do that in the 36 hours left in the window but failure to do it, after knowing Lukaku was wanting to go for over a year and then eventually going 6 weeks ago, is pretty poor whichever way you look at it.

Aye, very important 36 hours but OK, still we have this time to get the striker we need.

August 30, 2017, 10:19:31 PM
Reply #198

Bally

Administrator
Don't see any false dawn tbh.

More to running a football club than transfers and if you can't see we're heading in the right direction then I don't know what you want.

Yeah it'll be dissapointing if we don't get a striker in. But it's merely a blip on what's been a very productive and ambitious 18 months for the club.
It's the roll I way

August 30, 2017, 11:01:23 PM
Reply #199

MrWhite

Example of my aggression please?
Using statements to ask questions, as you have just done, again. It's like your making demands.

August 30, 2017, 11:08:01 PM
Reply #200

Realist

Using statements to ask questions, as you have just done, again. It's like your making demands.

You see the word please?
So you called me aggressive, I asked for an example and you said that's being aggressive?
Haha WTF man

August 31, 2017, 12:10:40 AM
Reply #201

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
If you don't consider your response to Mr.Whites post as aggressive then you have issues.

August 31, 2017, 12:13:43 AM
Reply #202

Realist

If you don't consider your response to Mr.Whites post as aggressive then you have issues.
Which post? Quote it and show me please

August 31, 2017, 12:20:14 AM
Reply #203

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Which post? Quote it and show me please
I have no interest in prolonging a dialogue with you, thanks for coming.

August 31, 2017, 12:25:41 AM
Reply #204

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Designed to provoke a reaction yes but the only reaction I want is a discussion & people's views, it's not my fault people start acting daft when I post a thread is it?

Always the victim, never their fault. Sounds familiar.

August 31, 2017, 02:20:02 AM
Reply #205

Realist

I have no interest in prolonging a dialogue with you, thanks for coming.

Haha that's because you know you're talking rubbish and have no substance to back what you're saying!
So long sunshine

August 31, 2017, 02:21:37 AM
Reply #206

Realist

Always the victim, never their fault. Sounds familiar.

Bob no offence mate but you're a proper sleeping tablet, I bet you're a very boring man.

August 31, 2017, 02:25:04 AM
Reply #207

Gash

Global Moderator
Give it a fucking rest would you all.

August 31, 2017, 02:33:07 AM
Reply #208

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
@Defeatist sometimes in conversation starting a sentence with a demand can be seen as doing something in an aggressive manner even if you add pleas. In fact the please part can be seen to be a bit condescending when it comes at the end of a demand. We tell the kids not to write/speak  like that in school so as  to avoid confrontation. I'm not saying you were being aggressive in your comments as it's very hard to tell tone when we are reading on here. I've done it in the past.

[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 31, 2017, 02:37:59 AM
Reply #209

Realist

@Defeatist sometimes in conversation starting a sentence with a demand can be seen as doing something in an aggressive manner even if you add pleas. In fact the please part can be seen to be a bit condescending when it comes at the end of a demand. We tell the kids not to write/speak  like that in school so as  to avoid confrontation. I'm not saying you were being aggressive in your comments as it's very hard to tell tone when we are reading on here. I've done it in the past.

Demand? To be honest mate I can't be arsed arguing with you, I have probably been passive at best but certainly not aggressive - if you'd like to point out where I was aggressive I'll have a look but this is going nowhere and I don't see the point