July 16, 2018, 11:43:53 PM

Author Topic: The false dawn & the stark realisation  (Read 9908 times)

August 30, 2017, 05:11:23 PM
Reply #15

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Quite sad that you're on holiday and you're posting here every 5 minutes, where are you in Rhyl?

Well, I'm an early riser and have done a lot of what I need to be done by 7am. I'm also a night owl so don't need to do loads during the day. I also have six weeks holidays and I like to spend it reading the forum and catching up on threads that I don't get time to when I'm working. No, I'm not from Rhyl.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 30, 2017, 05:20:46 PM
Reply #16

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Don't really know what people are getting out of it.

Made up to be desperate our 19 year old reserve striker starts 40+ games this year are we lads?

Questions are rightfully being asked, maybe in an annoying way but there's a conversation there to be had like. Think more agree with him than are letting on an all.

The problem is, if you responded to him logically and challenge his points (see my seven point response earlier) he either doesn't respond or he comes up with the same stuff again in an even more negative way which then makes it difficult to have a rational debate.

August 31, 2017, 02:33:07 AM
Reply #17

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
@Defeatist sometimes in conversation starting a sentence with a demand can be seen as doing something in an aggressive manner even if you add pleas. In fact the please part can be seen to be a bit condescending when it comes at the end of a demand. We tell the kids not to write/speak  like that in school so as  to avoid confrontation. I'm not saying you were being aggressive in your comments as it's very hard to tell tone when we are reading on here. I've done it in the past.

August 31, 2017, 02:41:06 AM
Reply #18

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Demand? To be honest mate I can't be arsed arguing with you, I have probably been passive at best but certainly not aggressive - if you'd like to point out where I was aggressive I'll have a look but this is going nowhere and I don't see the point

Now see, I was trying to help you here. 'Show me....' and 'Quote me...' are demand triggers for starting a sentence. As I said in the other post I wasn't saying you were being aggressive, but could see why others did. In future though I won't try to help/defend you if that's the attitude

August 31, 2017, 02:48:17 AM
Reply #19

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
That's fine don't, like I said I've asked (nicely) to be "pointed" to where I was being aggressive and still no one has given me an example
I don't need looking after I'm not a minor
Have a good holiday

Everyone needs looking after sometimes sweetheart. Don't be afraid to embrace friendship

August 31, 2017, 02:54:34 AM
Reply #20

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

August 31, 2017, 03:35:43 AM
Reply #21

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber