September 25, 2018, 05:59:07 AM

Author Topic: The false dawn & the stark realisation  (Read 10663 times)

August 30, 2017, 06:50:32 PM
Reply #30

Realist

That's bullshit Gash, and you know it. These threads are sensationalist and are only designed to provoke a reaction. The shame is that so many people get suckered in.

Why would a mod back my corner? Maybe you're just too easily drawn into pack mentality?

August 30, 2017, 07:30:24 PM
Reply #31

Realist

I'm not backing your corner, there's a valid point to your thread but you do come across as a thoroughly miserable, negative person. Even now, while the thread is getting back on topic you're still nipping back at people rather than just let things go.

It's best that people get it back on topic or just don't bother replying.

I didn't mean back my corner in the traditional sense, I just meant why would you agree there's a discussion to be had
I'm not nipping back at people but I'm just responding when I catch up with the thread

August 30, 2017, 07:31:54 PM
Reply #32

Realist

I obviously can't speak for the rest of the pack, but I can answer for myself. The views that I have posted are my own genuine honest opinion, based upon what I believe has been actual improvement to the squad overall over the summer.
Like I said earlier, we needed some upgrades in certain areas and the club have brought some of these in. We now have a keeper that would be first choice at the majority of teams in the PL, we have an upgrade on Funes Mori, we have a replacement for Barkley, who no longer wants to be here (his decision, not the club's) and we have sold another player, who did not want to be here at a significant profit.
It's quite true that we haven't brought in a replacement goal machine, but how many times last season were Lukaku's goals actually the difference between us winning and losing games? Check the stats, and you will discover that he was not quite as pivotal as you thought he was. I'm still quietly confident that Koeman and Walsh know exactly who they want in to fill the centre forward berth, and I would wager that the player that they have in mind is far more likely to be more of a target man than Lukaku. Don't get me wrong, Lukaku's goal scoring record on paper is as impressive as anybody's, but watching him lose pretty much every aerial challenge, failing to hold the ball up with monotonous regularity and spending large portions of games pointing to the imaginary bit of space where he wanted the ball is not really what you want to see from the focal point of your team. That's before the constant bitching and whining about not wanting to be at Everton anymore.
It's a crying shame that a certain Duncan Ferguson isn't 20 years younger. I think he would have fitted Koeman' s vision perfectly.
Is me having an opinion ok with you Mr Superfan?

I'm cool with that man, thanks for the response & I take your comments on board

August 30, 2017, 07:33:08 PM
Reply #33

Realist

That's bullshit Gash, and you know it. These threads are sensationalist and are only designed to provoke a reaction. The shame is that so many people get suckered in.

Maybe the title was a tad dramatic, but I'm just expressing my feelings at the moment & contrary to what people say or think I want the club to be a huge success the same as the rest of you

August 30, 2017, 07:35:01 PM
Reply #34

Realist

Spot on.

Designed to provoke a reaction yes but the only reaction I want is a discussion & people's views, it's not my fault people start acting daft when I post a thread is it?

August 30, 2017, 11:08:01 PM
Reply #35

Realist

Using statements to ask questions, as you have just done, again. It's like your making demands.

You see the word please?
So you called me aggressive, I asked for an example and you said that's being aggressive?
Haha WTF man

August 31, 2017, 12:13:43 AM
Reply #36

Realist

If you don't consider your response to Mr.Whites post as aggressive then you have issues.
Which post? Quote it and show me please

August 31, 2017, 02:20:02 AM
Reply #37

Realist

I have no interest in prolonging a dialogue with you, thanks for coming.

Haha that's because you know you're talking rubbish and have no substance to back what you're saying!
So long sunshine

August 31, 2017, 02:21:37 AM
Reply #38

Realist

Always the victim, never their fault. Sounds familiar.

Bob no offence mate but you're a proper sleeping tablet, I bet you're a very boring man.

August 31, 2017, 02:37:59 AM
Reply #39

Realist

@Defeatist sometimes in conversation starting a sentence with a demand can be seen as doing something in an aggressive manner even if you add pleas. In fact the please part can be seen to be a bit condescending when it comes at the end of a demand. We tell the kids not to write/speak  like that in school so as  to avoid confrontation. I'm not saying you were being aggressive in your comments as it's very hard to tell tone when we are reading on here. I've done it in the past.

Demand? To be honest mate I can't be arsed arguing with you, I have probably been passive at best but certainly not aggressive - if you'd like to point out where I was aggressive I'll have a look but this is going nowhere and I don't see the point

August 31, 2017, 02:43:14 AM
Reply #40

Realist

Now see, I was trying to help you here. 'Show me....' and 'Quote me...' are demand triggers for starting a sentence. As I said in the other post I wasn't saying you were being aggressive, but could see why others did. In future though I won't try to help/defend you if that's the attitude

That's fine don't, like I said I've asked (nicely) to be "pointed" to where I was being aggressive and still no one has given me an example
I don't need looking after I'm not a minor
Have a good holiday

August 31, 2017, 02:49:50 AM
Reply #41

Realist

Everyone needs looking after sometimes sweetheart. Don't be afraid to embrace friendship
:blush: :hug: xxxx