September 21, 2018, 05:43:58 AM

Author Topic: Cuco Martina  (Read 4564 times)

August 30, 2017, 09:51:56 PM
Read 4564 times

Marky Mark and the funky

It's a travesty he's kept Jonjoe Kenny out of the team.

I think Martina is ace at crossing but Kenny is quite a good crosser as well and I think offers more in every other way.

At the end of the day, now that Martina is part of the team I'll back him anyway yet it seems we've settled for attacking choice (Martina) or defensive choice (Holgate) when Jonjoe might have been both!

August 30, 2017, 09:55:58 PM
Reply #1

Marky Mark and the funky

Or neither, as he's untested at any level above U-23's.

Would you agree though, Kenny has looked very promising in the relatively low amount of first-team minutes he has been given? That even stretches back to the game Unsworth managed...

I think Koeman has only given him the odd 20 minutes here and there but in those minutes he never made a defensive error and always supplied 2-3 crosses.

August 30, 2017, 10:03:31 PM
Reply #2

Marky Mark and the funky

I do actually, just playing devil's advocate. Koeman probably thinks there are enough kids in his squad so even though Kenny probably would have made an impact he doesn't want the balance to be too light on experience. Kenny was probably one too many.

Very good reasoning in my book, and I like the keeping the debate going aspect as well. I suppose it is a postive sign Kenny is still in the first-team, just not playing yet.

August 30, 2017, 10:21:45 PM
Reply #3

Marky Mark and the funky

Koeman doesn't rate Kenny. Fourth choice

It's weird though isn't it? Kenny is not just a promising young player, he was captain for Everton and one of the stand-out, consistent, performers in the England U20s.

He's done well in the few first-team opportunties he's  been given. Must look below the rest in training?