August 22, 2019, 11:27:04 PM

Author Topic: Deadline day thread Summer '17  (Read 41441 times)

September 01, 2017, 05:42:16 AM
Reply #1095

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He might have gone to Derby instead.  Both sets of fans seem to think theyve got him?
Ill follow them both :)
Simply simply lovely

September 01, 2017, 05:43:12 AM
Reply #1096

KoemansNumberTens

I'm not gonna say I told you so
But I've said all along Moshiri is a fraud, he's just said himself it's sell to buy
Another false dawn
Fuck Moshiri & fuck Bill Kenwright too & if you wanna be down with Moshiri then fuck you too.
 (That last bit was for any Tupac fans out there and not an actual insult to peeps on here)

🙄

September 01, 2017, 05:45:08 AM
Reply #1097

Realist

That really helps doesn't it?

Not my fault is it? I called it all along. And yet I've been hammered on here for stating my thoughts, which 44 minutes ago were proved right

September 01, 2017, 05:46:29 AM
Reply #1098

Redartin

A few things arise from all this:

We have had weeks since we sold Lukaku to get a replacement striker, and Koeman has mentioned the need for one in several interviews in recent weeks. At NO POINT did anyone say "we can get one if we sell Ross Barkley" so I do not believe Barkley's about turn fucked up any deal.

I never saw the Moshiri interview but it appears he said something along the lines of Barkley will not feature on the Everton team. Is this not a contradiction of Koeman saying he can still be part of our plans? And who picks the team Koeman or Moshiri? Could this 2nd transfer window fuck-up be the start of a bit of friction between the two? Broken promises, crying for a striker and not getting one? Let's face it Koeman has shown that he shoots from the hip and doesn't take shit, and he only stays the customary two years at places, so a few bad results because of no striker and he could say told you so and fuck off.

With Koeman gone Barkley then signs a new contract, Unsworth plays him as a striker, he dives like fuck every time he gets in the box, we get stacks of penalties, Baines will be top scorer, we finish 7th. Simple.

September 01, 2017, 05:46:58 AM
Reply #1099

Shogun

Administrator
Said to @TheRam the other day that I thought Koeman was pushing he striker angle a little too much.

Must have known we wouldn't end up getting one in so tried to put as much pressure on as possible.
I never claimed to be a saint

September 01, 2017, 05:47:02 AM
Reply #1100

TrevorSteven

Funny how stupid reporters are saying most of us are happy with this window.

By the look of this forum most fans are either upset or worried by selling our star striker promoting DCL to replace him.

Also read about Barkley that Everton denied him to go to Spurs, probably because Chelsea outbid them. Ross went to Chelsea still having Spurs on his mind finally pulling out wanting to wait until christmas when Levy finally feels he will be cheap enough.

Probably Barkley gonna sign A pre-contract with Tottenham first, then Levy will offer us pennys for letting him go A bit earlier.

My guess is Barkley didnt desperately wanted to leave Everton, he desperately wanted to join Tottenham and thats where he gonna end up when finally fit.

Its a bit cynical but I would not cry if Barkley breaks his leg making him becoming a Free-agent without any club igoing for a player out injured for a year. He really is gambling

September 01, 2017, 05:47:11 AM
Reply #1101

KoemansNumberTens

Well I can't think of any. Dzeko would have been good or a Costa loan (ready after 3-4 weeks after signing). The fact that someone like Benteke was somehow elevated to potential hero status spoke volumes to me.

Given where we are now I'd have Abraham, iheanacho and chicharito. Not suggesting any were ideal but I'd take them all tonight no questions

September 01, 2017, 05:51:40 AM
Reply #1102

Heisenberg

Our scouting network seems really limited to England. Almost all of our signings have came from the prem and we have paid through the nose for it.

i don't doubt that we wasn't trying for a striker but the simple truth is that the ones we wanted wasn't available. And selling clubs have all the power now. Look at the amount of players who tried to push through moves. We needed to be looking abroad. There was no substantial links other than giroud and Costa. All eggs in the wrong basket
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 05:54:04 AM by Heisenberg »

September 01, 2017, 05:51:52 AM
Reply #1103

ally2

Given where we are now I'd have Abraham, iheanacho and chicharito. Not suggesting any were ideal but I'd take them all tonight no questions

OK well I wouldn't. All opinions though.

September 01, 2017, 05:51:58 AM
Reply #1104

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

September 01, 2017, 05:52:36 AM
Reply #1105

Realist

You'd rather have no one over those 3?

September 01, 2017, 05:52:45 AM
Reply #1106

KoemansNumberTens

You wouldn't take them over the nothing we got?

September 01, 2017, 05:55:34 AM
Reply #1107

ally2

You'd rather have no one over those 3?

No I wouldn't. Iheanacho has done nothing. I'd rather go DCL over both. I also expect Sandro to settle and Rooney can always do the job, especially with a wealth of attacking midfielders around him.  Hernandez is a one trick pony and would want to play every week which I wouldn't want. I'd only go for a striker who'll was genuinely that good eg Costa, Giroud etc
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 05:57:18 AM by ally2 »

September 01, 2017, 05:55:54 AM
Reply #1108

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Well then, did any of us really forget who we support? nobody stresses your head on deadline day like Everton, and every year they come up with a new way.

My worst case scenario of losing Barkley in a bitter dispute and replacing with a fella who looks like his da has actually been trumped by...bitterly keeping Barkley?

Koeman said we needed a striker to compete. We haven't signed a striker. This is a failure and anyone who watched our games so far should be able to understand that.

I am extremely disappointed, but not hugely surprised.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.