I know we are all upset (some more than others) with the ending to this window. However, the window has been a very good one for us.
1. We got our business done early. We signed 2 players that I honestly donít think we would have if we didnít get our business done in good time. Pickford and Keane would have almost certainly gone for larger amounts and possibly to different clubs had we not stepped in when we did.
2. GK sorted Ė this is now a position that is sorted for the next decade. He is without doubt going to be Englandís number 1 and looks an absolute steal.
3. No position 10 sorted Ė The options we have now in this position are only going to increase the performance of the squad. Competition is healthy and although we donít have a recognised striker, I am sure this will get sorted in January (or at the worst the summer).
4. We have spent money! It has taken a few years, but finally we are spending some decent dosh! Even though net spend is low, our planning was spot on, and we brought players in before funds were received for Rom.
5. If you said pre-window, that we would have got in Rooney, Klaasen, Sigurdsson, Sandro, Keane, Pickford, and the only major out was Rom, then I would have snapped your hand off.
The biggest negatives of the window have to be Barkley rejecting a £35m move to Chelsea which will cost the club big time (unless he signs a new deal), Niasse still lingering around (another £7-£10m) after his deal collapsed, and the lack of a decent replacement for Rom.
99% of teams could always do with an upgrade to certain positions, and we are no different. We could do with a new CB, LB/CB cover, Winger and Striker, but this will come in time. Let Koeman and Walsh do their work over the next few months, and go and get the right people in January or next summer to move onwards and upwards.