December 10, 2018, 09:05:51 AM

Author Topic: Deadline day thread Summer '17  (Read 33910 times)

September 01, 2017, 02:40:20 AM
Reply #645

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Leicester doing bits today.

Theyve had a good summer.
My momma says I'm special.

September 01, 2017, 02:42:22 AM
Reply #646

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Apparently after an 18 year old midfielder from Fulham, Dennis Adeniran. England U18 international, 5 goals in 8 PL2 matches last season and a brief cameo in the Championship.
Thought he'd signed
Simply simply lovely

September 01, 2017, 02:45:00 AM
Reply #647

Tinga

Deffo didn't say start fella.

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/903333904748302337

Ye..if we don't do any proper business this is such a stupid thing to make.

September 01, 2017, 02:47:29 AM
Reply #648

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
In reality
We've had a good window, we got players on early and filled some real gaps in the first xi

Koeman is gonna have to do some spin tho as he's banged the drum for about a month about a forward and a defender and we appesr to not be getting either
Simply simply lovely

September 01, 2017, 02:48:33 AM
Reply #649

Macca77

Seriously sky sports making huge stories out of teams ending interest in players, ridiculous

Fuck off sky

September 01, 2017, 02:50:14 AM
Reply #650

Tinga

In reality
We've had a good window, we got players on early and filled some real gaps in the first xi

Koeman is gonna have to do some spin tho as he's banged the drum for about a month about a forward and a defender and we appesr to not be getting either

Average window when you don't replace a player like Lukaku. You just can't sugar coat this.

September 01, 2017, 02:51:47 AM
Reply #651

Heisenberg

In reality

Filled SOME gaps is the point here. We filled 2 of the 5 glaringly obvious improvements we needed.

September 01, 2017, 02:52:58 AM
Reply #652

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
In reality

Currently we've just shuffled the pack and moved around our problems. Improved in aspects of the defence, weakened the important areas of the forward line.

We needed a striker for this to be a good window.

September 01, 2017, 02:53:07 AM
Reply #653

TheTone

SKY BREAKING NEWS.....

every big transfer we have touted since 7am this morning is now off and those who watched all day can fuck off now ye massive wankers

thanks for the subscriptions though, see ye next year, twats

September 01, 2017, 02:54:21 AM
Reply #654

BlueNoseMike

We ain't getting anybody else in here are we? The summer has gone from very promising to a bit below average. We're missing the final piece, I think we've been unlucky with a couple of the transfers.

We wanted Giroud, looks like he lead us on a bit
We wanted Llorente, looked like we'd miss out on him to Chelsea
If Chelsea get him, I'm sure we'd have got Bat whatever his name is. He has surprised everyone and gone Spurs.
Probably didn't think likes of Jiminez, Dost, etc were worth it and we are a level below Werner, Bellotti

We've come out of this with egg on our faces after Koeman has specifically said we needed a striker and a cb/lb as we ain't done.

Just make do with what we've got and hope we have another decent January like this year

September 01, 2017, 02:54:28 AM
Reply #655

Ross

In reality

Plus the back peddling on Barkley.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 01, 2017, 02:54:54 AM
Reply #656

Martip

In reality

Assuming we don't get the striker of course, i have to disagree as I dont think as a starting 11 we are much better while others have strengened. A decent striker literally changes that though.

The real positive for me is that we got rid of some crap.

September 01, 2017, 02:55:04 AM
Reply #657

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Disappointed Llorente has gone to Spurs.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

September 01, 2017, 02:57:31 AM
Reply #658

Tinga

I imagine this sums up today for me.

September 01, 2017, 02:57:53 AM
Reply #659

bigac

Disappointed Llorente has gone to Spurs.

Me too, but here comes our boy Jim and he's on the phone to his pal so all good from here on!