November 21, 2019, 04:16:52 AM

Author Topic: Deadline day thread Summer '17  (Read 45993 times)

September 01, 2017, 03:29:19 AM
Reply #720

Heisenberg

Funny how TV works.

Its all about quantity. Everton is going somewhere because we have signed 9 players.

Gotta laugh. Yes, we are A better defensive team but someone tell me who is gonna score us them goals...

I really think we are weaker than last year.

Not to mention isolating our only current winger Mirralas and our most creative player from last season Barkley

September 01, 2017, 03:31:58 AM
Reply #721

Bluedylan

Funny how TV works.

Its all about quantity. Everton is going somewhere because we have signed 9 players.

Gotta laugh. Yes, we are A better defensive team but someone tell me who is gonna score us them goals...

Then again, you seem to exhibit classic Scandinavian pessimism and I can't recall a single positive comment you've made about the club.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 01, 2017, 03:32:30 AM
Reply #722

Lazarou

You can't replace Lukaku with DCL. @Defeatist is sounding more right by the minute.

"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

September 01, 2017, 03:32:40 AM
Reply #723

Rhys

Funny how TV works.

From the outside it probably does look really good though. Big numbers of players and big transfer fees. Players like Sigurdsson, Rooney, Pickford. Then people will see forward and attacking players like Sigurdsson, Rooney, Sandro, Klaassen now Vlasic and think there is plenty of goals signed there.

They wont realise because they dont pay attention to us like we do that we are a direct team and try to get people involved high up the pitch early and have got a lot of attacking midfielders/second strikers who all would be better off a focal point.

So to the outside world it looks a good window, to us the fans we see a massive hole in the plan which Koeman has continually highlighted in pretty much every interview over the last few weeks.

September 01, 2017, 03:33:03 AM
Reply #724

bigac

Wow, Jim didn't even pretend to know anything. Things are looking bleak.

September 01, 2017, 03:33:48 AM
Reply #725

Simon Paul

Administrator
just bigging us up for signing 9 players

ah well

September 01, 2017, 03:35:41 AM
Reply #726

blueski

There is always the chance that ramirez adjusts and dcl takes his chance well
Nil Satis

September 01, 2017, 03:36:09 AM
Reply #727

TheTone

What's Straq up to nowadays?

getting greyer and greyer managing Scotland

September 01, 2017, 03:37:37 AM
Reply #728

hill135

At this stage I'm hoping for a Fellaini-style 1 am surprise. Be fucked staying up though

September 01, 2017, 03:38:28 AM
Reply #729

everton1952

We can only hope that several players may turn out to be regular PL scorers and remove doubts. Koeman must be well pissed off.

September 01, 2017, 03:38:34 AM
Reply #730

Rhys

There is always the chance that ramirez adjusts and dcl takes his chance well

There is, but it shouldnt be that we rely on that. It should be (have been the way it is looking) that we get that experienced striker who the team can play off and take the pressure of the likes of DCL to develop quickly and pressure off Sandro to settle straight away. Sandro is 21 with 1 full season behind him and DCL has started about 10 top flight games.

For a club that is talking about challenging for the top 4 and will want to compete in 3 cup competitions it isnt a strategy to hope that they come on so much we dont need anyone.

September 01, 2017, 03:39:40 AM
Reply #731

mikey_blue

What happened to Belfodil?

September 01, 2017, 03:40:35 AM
Reply #732

sam of the south

Then again, you seem to exhibit classic Scandinavian pessimism and I can't recall a single positive comment you've made about the club.

Yes, you're right.

However, he is also right here, I feel.

We definitely look tighter at the back, but I do worry about not having a target man for our creative players to play off/through.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

September 01, 2017, 03:41:34 AM
Reply #733

Macca77

Still business going on at Everton

September 01, 2017, 03:41:50 AM
Reply #734

Lazarou

We can only hope that several players may turn out to be regular PL scorers and remove doubts. Koeman must be well pissed off.

Be interesting to see what Ronald has to say, hope he has not got sunburn today and a bad round at the course otherwise he will have a right cob on.

"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin