December 13, 2018, 02:49:56 PM

Author Topic: Deadline day thread Summer '17  (Read 34082 times)

September 01, 2017, 03:42:31 AM
Reply #735

blueski

There is, but it shouldnt be that we rely on that. It should be (have been the way it is looking) that we get that experienced striker who the team can play off and take the pressure of the likes of DCL to develop quickly and pressure off Sandro to settle straight away. Sandro is 21 with 1 full season behind him and DCL has started about 10 top flight games.

For a club that is talking about challenging for the top 4 and will want to compete in 3 cup competitions it isnt a strategy to hope that they come on so much we dont need anyone.
agreed not to happy about this either if we don't bring in a forward just saying the season isn't necessarily ruined.
Nil Satis

September 01, 2017, 03:43:02 AM
Reply #736

Realist

Moshiri's a fraud, disasterous window

September 01, 2017, 03:43:23 AM
Reply #737

Bluedylan

Yes, you're right.

However, he is also right here, I feel.

We definitely look tighter at the back, but I do worry about not having a target man for our creative players to play off/through.

I still think summat could be in the pipeline, but probably wrong.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 01, 2017, 03:44:07 AM
Reply #738

pedrotheblue

I think the fact there's not even any bollox rumours floating about suggests there are not going to be any more additions now. Inexcusable we've not replaced Rom.

September 01, 2017, 03:44:14 AM
Reply #739

Buck76

Between 8-9pm the lying cunt

So DCL & Sandro as 9's two kids for £8m with lukaku, Kone & Niasse out £110m+ (granted two were shite) but it's a fucking disgrace...

They are making out its all gravy at Goodison on SSN, the arse are the ones in crises.... we've got no experienced main strikers, we are so fucking short its crazy.... if DCL gets injured/burned out WTF happens then?

September 01, 2017, 03:44:52 AM
Reply #740

Evertonian in NC

Did anything happen while I was out?  If so, I am crediting the arrival of my Sandro shirt in today's post.  Boss doesn't even begin to describe it.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 01, 2017, 03:44:57 AM
Reply #741

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
In before the moshiri is a fra..... Oh
Simply simply lovely

September 01, 2017, 03:45:26 AM
Reply #742

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

September 01, 2017, 03:45:44 AM
Reply #743

Macca77

Moshiri's a fraud, disasterous window

And there it is, was wondering how long it would be til some idiot said that

September 01, 2017, 03:45:57 AM
Reply #744

Robioto

We're done aren't we. :(

September 01, 2017, 03:46:40 AM
Reply #745

Rhys

agreed not to happy about this either if we don't bring in a forward just saying the season isn't necessarily ruined.

No not ruined but it makes it extremely difficult to do what we potentially could when it is such a fundamental part of Koemans plans. We saw against Chelsea how much more Rooney and Sigurdsson got involved in the game once DCL came on and made a really good impact at winning some balls and getting us higher up the pitch.

It was going to be a challenge replacing Lukaku's goals with a target striker who could get a good amount but bring out plenty more chances for the other forwards/attacking midfielders. But looks like we are going to try and replace his goals and not having signed that player who would be able to get more out of the likes of Sandro and Sigurdsson for instance.

Doesnt mean we cant have a good season still but it makes it much much harder in the league for instance to have a chance of getting near the top 4 clubs whoever they will be.

September 01, 2017, 03:46:45 AM
Reply #746

Marky Mark and the funky

You can't replace Lukaku with DCL. @Defeatist is sounding more right by the minute.

Seriously lid, an example where I liked a post when I really wanted to give it this :-*

September 01, 2017, 03:47:06 AM
Reply #747

bigmanbob

And there it is, was wondering how long it would be til some idiot said that

And lets be honest it was always going to be that idiot

September 01, 2017, 03:47:27 AM
Reply #748

ForzaItalia

Moshiri's a fraud, disastrous window

I don't think anyone saw that post coming. I'm shocked.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

September 01, 2017, 03:47:37 AM
Reply #749

TrevorSteven

Then again, you seem to exhibit classic Scandinavian pessimism and I can't recall a single positive comment you've made about the club.

Depends on which perspective you have. Cant say it has been much to cheer about since the days of Trevor Steven ironically enough.

But I was in heaven before the first season with Martinez. We had A fantastic pre-season and it was A really good season.

I totally agree with the orker one here - Its not just about names, we lack both players to pick up the passes from Rooney, Klaasen, Sigurdsson and we need pace.

I would love to be wrong but this is a massive blow for Koeman. Kind of remind me of the Moyes-days. Defensively we gonna be pretty solid, but how on Earth are we gonna Even produce chances.

Guess our money came A little too late. Thomas Lemar is rejecting Arsenal that probably tell us how difficult it is for Kenwright to get the attacker of the needed quality.