August 22, 2019, 02:37:33 PM

Author Topic: Deadline day thread Summer '17  (Read 41423 times)

September 01, 2017, 03:09:08 AM
Reply #15

Lincs Toffee

He knows fuck all else he would be spouting it out by now
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

September 01, 2017, 03:24:18 AM
Reply #16

Lincs Toffee

Working hard in the background apparently
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

September 01, 2017, 04:38:59 AM
Reply #17

Lincs Toffee

September 01, 2017, 04:40:44 AM
Reply #18

Lincs Toffee

What was said?
Need to give the team time to gel, may need a striker but will wait and see, aim to finish top 6

September 01, 2017, 04:43:01 AM
Reply #19

Lincs Toffee

Bit surreal that... not sure how I feel now

September 01, 2017, 05:16:39 AM
Reply #20

Lincs Toffee

Better start looking at U23s for cover for Baines... Garbutt maybe ?

September 01, 2017, 02:43:06 PM
Reply #21

Lincs Toffee

Martina played a few minutes there in pre-season.
Luke Garbutt...he's deputised for Baines before, no reason he couldn't step up and do it again short term, I watched him a few weeks ago and he looked decent enough to be back up.

Edit: Should have been a reply to @bluenuck
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 02:44:44 PM by Lincs Toffee »

September 01, 2017, 09:06:43 PM
Reply #22

Lincs Toffee

Or I'd sit down with Luke Garbutt, a natural left back and one who showed promise not so long ago, and tell him there is a potential chance to make a career here now so knuckle down and you'll get some game time in the cups first and see how we go.
I've seen both Foulds and Garbutt play this year and would put Garbutt ahead of Foulds on current form ONLY if someone can tell him to stop fucking about with his hair, all game he was running his hands through it etc. No one gives a fuck what you look like Luke lad but we do want you to concentrate and play decent togger