December 12, 2018, 01:02:33 PM

Author Topic: Deadline day thread Summer '17  (Read 34035 times)

September 01, 2017, 02:54:21 AM
Read 34035 times

BlueNoseMike

We ain't getting anybody else in here are we? The summer has gone from very promising to a bit below average. We're missing the final piece, I think we've been unlucky with a couple of the transfers.

We wanted Giroud, looks like he lead us on a bit
We wanted Llorente, looked like we'd miss out on him to Chelsea
If Chelsea get him, I'm sure we'd have got Bat whatever his name is. He has surprised everyone and gone Spurs.
Probably didn't think likes of Jiminez, Dost, etc were worth it and we are a level below Werner, Bellotti

We've come out of this with egg on our faces after Koeman has specifically said we needed a striker and a cb/lb as we ain't done.

Just make do with what we've got and hope we have another decent January like this year

September 01, 2017, 03:12:23 AM
Reply #1

BlueNoseMike

Niasse still being on the books is the least depressing new of the day.

Let that sink in

September 01, 2017, 04:37:07 AM
Reply #2

BlueNoseMike

Leicester signing Dragovic on loan, is he a left sided CB?

They've bought well, as have WBA. I'd be worried about Leicester bridging the gap a little bit on us this year (still think we've done enough to get top 7

Mosh lad on SSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 01, 2017, 04:50:53 AM
Reply #3

BlueNoseMike

Siggurdson crosses, no one scores.

It's funny but so true, we've signed players who whip balls in (Bolasie did it a lot last year too) and no dominating presence up front.

We've signed intricate playmakers who need a good striker holding the ball up front. The closest we've got is a 20 year old.

Can see the 1st hal of the season being a bit dull.

No extra CB, losing millions on Ross, no striker and fucking niasse stays. Literally the biggest shit end to what was looking like a promising window

September 01, 2017, 04:58:44 AM
Reply #4

BlueNoseMike

Everton's transfer window summed up