November 19, 2019, 09:24:52 AM

Author Topic: Deadline day thread Summer '17  (Read 45935 times)

September 01, 2017, 03:53:25 AM
Reply #765

Realist

First, how do you know that no bids have been put in?
Second, get a fucking grip you sad bastard.

I can't retaliate to you or it's classed as sexist, enjoy this reply as it's the last one you'll ever get from me love

September 01, 2017, 03:53:34 AM
Reply #766

Tinga

I know it's frowned upon on here to be a 'defeatist' but man does it sometimes feel like we fuck up a lot when it comes to making that final push to do something!, anything!. Arsenal have slipped up majorly this year and we're just sitting here twiddling our thumbs? why!.

September 01, 2017, 03:53:43 AM
Reply #767

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
And there it is, was wondering how long it would be til some idiot said that

Well are you really surprised that it would be him ? This trolling is really out of hand now, god knows why he is allowed to get away with it ?

September 01, 2017, 03:54:07 AM
Reply #768

Heisenberg

September 01, 2017, 03:54:32 AM
Reply #769

TheTone

I am at the point, not just with Everton, where I don't have a clue what to even make of football now days, it's bonkers.

yup, we've just lashed 10m on a young croatian lad and not too long ago people were amazed we splashed 15m on Fellaini

September 01, 2017, 03:54:45 AM
Reply #770

Realist

yeah so many players signed in one window its a fucking joke

if you walk through the rain
YOU GET WET YOU SILLY CUNT

Brilliant did you puff out your chest as you pressed post?

September 01, 2017, 03:54:48 AM
Reply #771

pedrotheblue

I'm not usually one for cliches, but goals win you matches and so far we've looked pretty toothless up top.

September 01, 2017, 03:54:52 AM
Reply #772

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Call me what you like look at the squad, it's a lopsided mess with no decent striker in it
Why have no bids been put in?
Probably waiting or hoping to sell Barkley to fund the striker
I'm honestly disgusted it's awful. Who can honestly say they're looking forward to this season now?
Be honest with yourselves for once

I am still. Not happy we haven't got this main striker in, but I will still look forward to every game and support my team through thick and thin as I've always done.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 01, 2017, 03:55:22 AM
Reply #773

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Well are you really surprised that it would be him ? This trolling is really out of hand now, god knows why he is allowed to get away with it ?

Stop waving that imaginary card mate.

September 01, 2017, 03:55:50 AM
Reply #774

Realist

I can't lie. I've finally lost patience with my own facade of giving you a fair go.

Gloating at a time like this eh?

p.s. hope you are enjoying this, you have finally got under my skin that I am genuinely annoyed lid, fair play lolol

How do you interpret that quote as gloating?

September 01, 2017, 03:57:07 AM
Reply #775

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I know it's frowned upon on here to be a 'defeatist' but man does it sometimes feel like we fuck up a lot when it comes to making that final push to do something!, anything!. Arsenal have slipped up majorly this year and we're just sitting here twiddling our thumbs? why!.

I would agree we always seem to nearly be there and just be a few players short every time

September 01, 2017, 03:57:11 AM
Reply #776

sam of the south

We got 4th with Marcus Bent leading the line. It isnt catastrophic but its much more difficult without a striker

The football was turgid though, wasn't it.

The only team to get 4th with a negative goal difference, then the following season with the same players and a few additions we were truly dreadful.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

September 01, 2017, 03:57:32 AM
Reply #777

SANA_DR0

We got 4th with Marcus Bent leading the line. It isnt catastrophic but its much more difficult without a striker

i have no issues with no striker coming in, aslong as we play DCL as  the central striker and not as a utility player.

i think he will surprise a lot of people.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 01, 2017, 03:57:34 AM
Reply #778

Macca77

I am still. Not happy we haven't got this main striker in, but I will still look forward to every game and support my team through thick and thin as I've always done.

Amen brother Brownie

September 01, 2017, 03:57:51 AM
Reply #779

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Stop waving that imaginary card mate.
Not waving anything, just saying what a lot of people think.