November 14, 2018, 04:55:44 PM

Author Topic: Deadline day thread Summer '17  (Read 32897 times)

September 01, 2017, 04:58:05 AM
Reply #975

ForzaItalia

I'm calling it now, @Defeatist is going to start a new thread very shortly
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

September 01, 2017, 04:58:22 AM
Reply #976

MrWhite

Maybe it's some master PR from Moshiri, now instead of bitching at the lack of signings everyone is hating Ross instead. It's all his fault, dammit.

September 01, 2017, 04:58:32 AM
Reply #977

Bluescow

Seems pointless bringing in Gylfi as the set piece mastermind when there is noone to find in the box.

September 01, 2017, 04:58:37 AM
Reply #978

Gash

Global Moderator
Jim White with the yellow tie, Redknapp out the Range Rover window and Everton drop a bollock again. Proper deadline day that.

September 01, 2017, 04:58:37 AM
Reply #979

mikey_blue

No excuses from Ross here. You can only molly coddle the lad so much. The lads either a prick or just too dense to know the deference between good and bad advice. Really disappointing from him.

September 01, 2017, 04:58:44 AM
Reply #980

BlueNoseMike

Everton's transfer window summed up

September 01, 2017, 04:59:11 AM
Reply #981

Mayor Farnum

Biggest concern is that it appears we need to sell to buy.

September 01, 2017, 04:59:24 AM
Reply #982

Ross

How the fuck are we going to know the windows slammed shut?

Big Ben can't ding and Jimbo could be there all night pretending stuff is still happening if he's not careful
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 01, 2017, 04:59:27 AM
Reply #983

YellowHold

Left back situation worse than the striker one IMO.

There's just no way Baines plays 90 minutes three games a week for months.

Schneiderlin either for that matter and we have no alternative for either whilst both have been quite injury prone last few seasons, it's madness.

September 01, 2017, 04:59:41 AM
Reply #984

Heisenberg

Seems pointless bringing in Gylfi as the set piece mastermind when there is noone to find in the box.

I also really dont get the Klassen signing. 24 mil and I really dont see where he fits in

September 01, 2017, 04:59:44 AM
Reply #985

Rhys

For all my moaning I'm actually not really angry in the slightest. It's typical Everton. We just do things a little bit shit. We finished 7th last season decent but not thrilling and we'll do the same this. We are grand at being the best of what's left after the good teams
Season will be extremely dull but let's be honest no one thought we had a chance of anything more than qualifying for the Europa league anyway.

Agree but if we had got a decent forward it would have given us more of a hope of doing more. But aside from that it would have helped us get closer to these teams than we likely will which would have given us a better platform when going after people next summer.

If we were there or thereabouts its an easier conversation with players. If we are 7th no way near them it still looks to the next level players that we are long way from competing with these teams.

September 01, 2017, 05:00:37 AM
Reply #986

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Annoyed about all kinds Jimmy mate, just unhappy about how the window has ended.

And no, I wouldn't have Barkley in my team, not first 11 anyway.
We needed a striker
Bar that it's not been that bad

Fair enough, imo he walks into the side we have put out this season
Simply simply lovely

September 01, 2017, 05:01:06 AM
Reply #987

Everton Mint

11pm..

We go with what we've got.

September 01, 2017, 05:01:11 AM
Reply #988

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
To naive people like you who think that cos someone comes in for him he should just leave no matter what.
I assume to that you don't rate him and wouldn't have him in your team

This isnt Stoke we were selling him to.  Its the current champions.
My momma says I'm special.

September 01, 2017, 05:01:34 AM
Reply #989

Heisenberg

Left back situation worse than the striker one IMO.

There's just no way Baines plays 90 minutes three games a week for months.

Schneiderlin either for that matter and we have no alternative for either whilst both have been quite injury prone last few seasons, it's madness.

No the striker problem is much worse. You can still win games if you concede. You cant win games if you dont score