December 10, 2018, 07:52:41 PM

Author Topic: Deadline day thread Summer '17  (Read 33929 times)

August 31, 2017, 01:28:50 PM
Read 33929 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The problem with injury prone players as back up squad options is that you (obviously) can't predict when they'll be injured; and therefore there's no guarantee that they'll actually be available when you need them to provide cover.

While it's more frustrating if a first team player is injury prone they are usually put straight back in the team so you get a decent number of games out of them.

August 31, 2017, 02:14:29 PM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'm liking the quietness to be honest. Think we're working on something on the sly fellaini style. I'd be more worried if the there were strong links with shite like okaka etc

Trust this board, there's no way they'll mess koeman around

I doubt they'd have lied to him but it's another thing actually getting deals done.

August 31, 2017, 02:46:17 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
May be that if Vlasic isn't getting a work permit then we'll need to loan him out therefore keep Mirallas.

August 31, 2017, 04:05:16 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
You've got to wonder why we haven't tried to sign Llorente.

Maybe we have.

If we've asked him and he's also got spurs / Chelsea on the table he's probably said thanks but no thanks...

August 31, 2017, 06:28:39 PM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Not a target man Perez is he. So that kinda suggests that we've got a bit desperate and scrapped the actual plan for the squad.

Going to recreate our "midget gems" from 92/93.

August 31, 2017, 08:16:19 PM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't want him anyway.

September 01, 2017, 12:26:04 AM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

September 01, 2017, 12:40:30 AM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty good chance of Benteke surely? Apparently fee agreed for Sakho and Niasse, don't see where theyre getting the money from otherwise
Liverpool's sakho too.

September 01, 2017, 12:52:45 AM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
With Niasse going to Palace we must have a striker lined up (even if he doesn't rate him) Benteke would be a dream this late on but even Perez has fucked us off for Spain.... Are they crying behind the scenes cause the Barkley deal died? At least we've got the Arse to hide behind but it's shocking we're even in this position!!

Niasse wasn't in the plans whatever so him going doesn't make any difference.

September 01, 2017, 01:03:47 AM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
This is going to be the most closely guarded transfer of all time...

:eh:

September 01, 2017, 01:05:18 AM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

If we end up signing some dog shit like Okaka, we might aswell have kept him.

Not really as we're 10m up and Okaka, or whoever, would at least be someone we're willing to play.

September 01, 2017, 08:23:09 PM
Reply #11

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Aye a bit short at LB.

Rightly or wrongly, if I was in charge, I'd be playing Kenny at left back every fookin single youth game from now on.

He's a right back though?

Unless that's what you meant?

September 01, 2017, 08:39:24 PM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
That's exactly what I meant. Rather than play Martina out of position without much game-time, I would start preparing Kenny now to play on his wrong foot - which is done quite often with the better full backs. Just in case Baines gets crocked.

Oh right.

Yes well I suppose given that he's 4th choice RB it's unlikely that this will happen!