October 24, 2017, 03:57:17 AM

Author Topic: [News]Niasse on verge of Palace move  (Read 4374 times)

September 08, 2017, 03:58:19 AM
Reply #90

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman's interview gives the lie to the perception that Koeman "treated him badly and had frozen him out". Now we know, and it looks like he may play a part for us and good luck to him. If he has any character he will take his chance.

Don't think it's character that would limit the likelihood of him taking a chance presented...

deCoubertin

September 08, 2017, 04:03:55 AM
Reply #91

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair to him he was fucked off to the U23's and cracked on and scored goals.

Fucked off the Hull of all places and cracked on and scored goals.

Don't think he lacks character, I just think he's not prem standard as a footballer and it's hard to see what he's got in training where he probably stands out like a sore thumb.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 08, 2017, 05:04:38 AM
Reply #92

Everton Mint

Not PL standard ? His first two Hull goals were vs Lpool and Man U.

September 08, 2017, 05:25:05 AM
Reply #93

Gash

Global Moderator
Not PL standard ? His first two Hull goals were vs Lpool and Man U.

And then scored 3 in the next 13 and two of those were in 9 minutes against Swansea. It's hardly a benchmark who he scored against, Jermaine Beckford's last PL goal was running the length of the pitch against Chelsea, it doesn't mean he was PL standard.

September 08, 2017, 06:23:37 AM
Reply #94

Ramjam

I can see him doing a Danial Amocachie against Spurs on Saturday just like the man himself done against them in the 1995 FA cup semi final
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 08, 2017, 06:35:56 AM
Reply #95

bacon sarnie

To be fair to him he was fucked off to the U23's and cracked on and scored goals.

Fucked off the Hull of all places and cracked on and scored goals.

Don't think he lacks character, I just think he's not prem standard as a footballer and it's hard to see what he's got in training where he probably stands out like a sore thumb.

Probably forgets to leave an apple on Ronald's desk every morning or he's just shy. Who wouldn't be having no locker?

September 08, 2017, 08:33:34 AM
Reply #96

Jamokachi

September 08, 2017, 11:22:32 AM
Reply #97

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
the fuck is this?

Nigerian prince who doesn't work very well browsing things until you get him cleared
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 08, 2017, 10:25:50 PM
Reply #98

Everton Mint

And then scored 3 in the next 13 and two of those were in 9 minutes against Swansea. It's hardly a benchmark who he scored against, Jermaine Beckford's last PL goal was running the length of the pitch against Chelsea, it doesn't mean he was PL standard.

Beckford was PL standard in that he played and scored in the PL. Ditto Niasse.

They may not be the top PL standard but the fact they played and scored is enough.

And Calvert-Lewin has scored 1 in 14, but he is PL standard ?

September 08, 2017, 10:45:14 PM
Reply #99

Gash

Global Moderator

They may not be the top PL standard but the fact they played and scored is enough.

So you're saying anyone who has played and scored in Premier League is up to standard? Beckford was never PL standard, we took a punt on a player for free because we were skint and he was about all we could get and got rid of him after a year. There will be hundreds of average players who have made fleeting appearances in the PL over the years and managed to scramble the ball over the line, it doesn't mean they were ever good enough to play at the level.

Niasse was struggling to get a game ahead of Mbokani at times, his record at Hull wasn't anything special. It probably says more about where we are with striking options that people are even trying to suggest he did well there.

September 08, 2017, 10:48:08 PM
Reply #100

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

If Beckford was pl standard how come no pl side came in for him when we wanted to sell?

Not even a promoted side came in for him cos they could all see he wasn't up to it

Simply simply lovely

September 08, 2017, 10:57:48 PM
Reply #101

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's at least competent in the premier league and he proved that last season.

No ones saying he was great, but he did relatively well.

Well enough to have a career here? Probably not. But well enough to have a Valencia/Kone type role for us.

September 09, 2017, 01:59:08 AM
Reply #102

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He's at least competent in the premier league and he proved that last season.

No ones saying he was great, but he did relatively well.

Well enough to have a career here? Probably not. But well enough to have a Valencia/Kone type role for us.

Wasn't a regular starter for Hull which should be a pretty good indicator of whether he's a viable PL player or not.

Wouldn't say he could do the Valencia job. I think I could have done the Kone role last year so he might be ok for that.

September 09, 2017, 02:08:04 AM
Reply #103

Mayor Farnum

Does the rule hold if you score in a cup tie against a PL club?

September 09, 2017, 02:09:19 AM
Reply #104

TheTone

think he is a bit shit but a trier and I can picture his massive smiley face when he nods one in against the shite