July 16, 2018, 02:49:17 AM

Author Topic: [News]Vlasic deal set to be announced  (Read 13210 times)

December 10, 2017, 12:13:24 AM
Reply #135

Makis

A bit too early to judge the lad, at least critically, as he's  a young boy who has just moved to a different country and much harder league. Considering that he has done brilliantly. Of course there's a lot to improve, but he's only 19.

December 10, 2017, 03:33:04 AM
Reply #136

howard1334

Reminds me more of when Arteta used to play out wide.

Not fast but good shift of body weight, change of direction, close control and use of both feet make the space instead of pace.

Clearly seems to have more pace than Arteta. Arteta would never have scored his most recent goal. Probably would have been unable to nick the ball past the defender, and he never would have gotten such a clean shot away after that.

December 30, 2017, 11:02:34 PM
Reply #137

howard1334

I mean this as a genuine question: Why is Vlasic not even getting on the bench? He has looked very good to me in his few appearances this season. Very solid in possession. Goal threat. Good work rate. I just don't understand why he is not even getting a look.

Am I wrong in my assessment of him? Is he not ready to play in the prem? (I will admit that is better performances have been against weaker sides in Europe.) Has he had a bad attitude in training? (There seemed to be some stories suggesting that might be the case earlier in the season, but I don't recall reading anything concrete.)

December 30, 2017, 11:06:12 PM
Reply #138

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I mean this as a genuine question: Why is Vlasic not even getting on the bench? He has looked very good to me in his few appearances this season. Very solid in possession. Goal threat. Good work rate. I just don't understand why he is not even getting a look.

Am I wrong in my assessment of him? Is he not ready to play in the prem? (I will admit that is better performances have been against weaker sides in Europe.) Has he had a bad attitude in training? (There seemed to be some stories suggesting that might be the case earlier in the season, but I don't recall reading anything concrete.)
He travelled
And lookman and Beni Baningime

So they are obviously part of the squad

He deserves a chance but must not be showing Allardyce what he wants
Simply simply lovely

December 30, 2017, 11:24:29 PM
Reply #139

velimski

We are all as baffled as you.

December 31, 2017, 01:26:05 AM
Reply #140

SANA_DR0

He travelled
And lookman and Beni Baningime

So they are obviously part of the squad

He deserves a chance but must not be showing Allardyce what he wants
the 3 players you mentioned retain the ball to well... not what Allardyce wants,
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

December 31, 2017, 01:28:41 AM
Reply #141

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
the 3 players you mentioned retain the ball to well... not what Allardyce wants,
Not so sure about lookman
Simply simply lovely

December 31, 2017, 02:01:19 AM
Reply #142

Cozzie

Massively dissapointed that he isn't featuring.

December 31, 2017, 02:10:25 AM
Reply #143

mikey_blue

I'd love to see us play

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Williams Martina
                 Gana
          Rooney    Sig
Bolasie        DCL             Vlasic

For some reason, every manager is happy to play at least one player out of position. I'd just like to see balance, and our two best ball players in the middle of the park.

December 31, 2017, 02:16:16 AM
Reply #144

ally2

Look there doesn't need to be any conspiracy going on. If he was tearing it up in training like Messi or Ronaldo then he'd be in. Of course he bloody well would. Baffles me why people value some sort of intuition over a group of coaching staff who watch these players play day in, day out.

December 31, 2017, 02:31:01 AM
Reply #145

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Look there doesn't need to be any conspiracy going on. If he was tearing it up in training like Messi or Ronaldo then he'd be in. Of course he bloody well would. Baffles me why people value some sort of intuition over a group of coaching staff who watch these players play day in, day out.

So the managers selection is always right then?

Remember last season when people were saying Davies should be playing instead of cleverley and McCarthy?

Or this season when they said Kenny should be playing when he wasn't?

Or when people said Niasse should be given a go in the team?

But according to you we shouldn't question a manager ever on why they're not selecting certain players?

December 31, 2017, 02:44:48 AM
Reply #146

GrantyBoy78

There was talk a few weeks ago (admittedly Twitter talk) that his camp were pissed off with the general dismay around the club, in the wake of the Koeman sacking. Inter were said to be one of the clubs he turned down to join us and because his move hadn’t  panned-out as well as they’d have liked, he/they had sort talks with the club. To which the club said ‘fuck your talks, your a player, just knuckle done and train’.  Been a bit of a falling out by the sounds of it.

December 31, 2017, 06:12:03 AM
Reply #147

ally2

So the managers selection is always right then?

Remember last season when people were saying Davies should be playing instead of cleverley and McCarthy?

Or this season when they said Kenny should be playing when he wasn't?

Or when people said Niasse should be given a go in the team?

But according to you we shouldn't question a manager ever on why they're not selecting certain players?

Absolutely spot on again. Just like the Niasse sub shout in the match day thread. No one on here has a clue what goes on behind closed doors. You cite the times when people were calling for certain players to be introduced, and the fact that when they came in they did well. That to me says that they were managed well and not introduced too early, but of course to you and fellow football geniuses, it directly extrapolates to the idea that they would have been brilliant if they'd been introduced earlier if only the management listened to people on the internet. Seriously?

December 31, 2017, 06:18:10 AM
Reply #148

kramer0

One of the few players we have that I actively enjoy watching.

Not sure how “good” he actually is, mind you. Small sample sizes and all that.

December 31, 2017, 06:45:59 AM
Reply #149

therealdunc

Absolutely spot on again. Just like the Niasse sub shout in the match day thread. No one on here has a clue what goes on behind closed doors. You cite the times when people were calling for certain players to be introduced, and the fact that when they came in they did well. That to me says that they were managed well and not introduced too early, but of course to you and fellow football geniuses, it directly extrapolates to the idea that they would have been brilliant if they'd been introduced earlier if only the management listened to people on the internet. Seriously?

Post of the year
Blue