November 19, 2018, 12:10:26 AM

Author Topic: [News]Vlasic deal set to be announced  (Read 15399 times)

September 29, 2017, 04:48:40 AM
Read 15399 times

kramer0

Excellent performance tonight. The finish and the cross for Calvert-Lewin will get all the plaudits (and rightfully so) but his dribbling, off the ball movement, and control in tight areas were genuinely impressive.

He deserves more time on the pitch, even if it continues to be off the bench.

October 16, 2017, 10:22:07 PM
Reply #1

kramer0

There was a moment in the second half where he received the ball on the right wing and could have easily played a first-time pass back to an unmarked Gana. Instead, he held the ball for a couple of seconds and created an angle for a back-post cross to Calvert-Lewin. Obviously, we didn't score, but you can't fault the process. If you want to score goals, you need creative players who aren't afraid to try stuff, and I don't see an ounce of fear in this guy. One of three outfield players in this side that I actually enjoy watching right now.

December 08, 2017, 08:46:07 AM
Reply #2

kramer0

Whatever his faults, there’s not a player in the squad I enjoy watching more. He has plenty of skill but always looks totally in control.

He needs to play more. Don’t fuck this up, Everton.

December 31, 2017, 06:18:10 AM
Reply #3

kramer0

One of the few players we have that I actively enjoy watching.

Not sure how “good” he actually is, mind you. Small sample sizes and all that.

January 02, 2018, 11:32:04 PM
Reply #4

kramer0

He always looks like a real pain to dispossess and he seems to have a good awareness of his teammates in the final third. He needs work without the ball but that's normal for a young winger.

There's a lot of nice attributes to build on if we're willing to be patient with him and give him game time to improve. *crosses fingers*

January 03, 2018, 12:34:37 AM
Reply #5

kramer0

A lot of the ball still seems to go through cuco for some reason.

That's been happening all season, every time he plays, and I doubt it's a conscious decision on our part.

If you were an opposing manager, where would you want Everton to play the ball during build-ups?

January 03, 2018, 12:47:19 AM
Reply #6

kramer0

Begs the question : If you were an Everton manager who was being manipulated into playing into the same passing/pressing trap in every game, what would you do?

Because at the moment all three of them have just chosen to ignore it.

Could argue it prompted rooney dropping deep to help us control the ball a bit more maybe.

Koeman likes Cuco for some reason none of us will ever understand. He created this problem. (On a three year contract, no less. *shakes fist*)

Unsworth didn't play Cuco in a meaningful match until injuries forced him to.

Allardyce has never really had a choice.