June 23, 2018, 01:22:58 PM

Author Topic: [News]Vlasic deal set to be announced  (Read 13028 times)

January 03, 2018, 01:06:02 AM
Reply #165

Hannibal Lecter

Begs the question : If you were an Everton manager who was being manipulated into playing into the same passing/pressing trap in every game, what would you do?

Because at the moment all three of them have just chosen to ignore it.

Could argue it prompted rooney dropping deep to help us control the ball a bit more maybe.
Switch side cocu and kenny. Just to ruin their game plan.
Jönköpings Södra IF

January 03, 2018, 01:24:13 AM
Reply #166

BlueForYou

Vlasic had already been unleashed

Koeman signed and unleashed him

Unsworth dropped him

Allardyce recalled him

Retain him and leave the leash off
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 03, 2018, 02:01:29 AM
Reply #167

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I like him, but I thought the comments were a bit curious as he didn't seem to have his best game and I thought was really very weak in tracking back when needed.

January 03, 2018, 02:23:48 AM
Reply #168

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman likes Cuco for some reason none of us will ever understand. He created this problem. (On a three year contract, no less. *shakes fist*)

Unsworth didn't play Cuco in a meaningful match until injuries forced him to.

Allardyce has never really had a choice.

We could minimise the amount we rely on him for on the ball contribution though which nobody seems to try.

Defensively he’s not even THAT bad. 1v1 tackles serviceable. Just find a way to play though it. Find a shape on the ball that doesn’t mean simply pass it to cuco because he’s not marked.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 03, 2018, 02:40:14 AM
Reply #169

ally2

I thought he was supposed to be a number 10?  Looks like we're doing an Arteta on him.  Early days though.  I like him but wasn't really impressed yesterday.

January 03, 2018, 04:50:22 AM
Reply #170

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I thought he was supposed to be a number 10?  Looks like we're doing an Arteta on him.  Early days though.  I like him but wasn't really impressed yesterday.
He started very well then got involved with Holgate into trying to be the right back
Simply simply lovely

January 03, 2018, 03:00:30 PM
Reply #171

Hawkandro

Happy to see Vlasic get more game time, looks like there is a player in there. Sounds like no real way in for Lookman at the moment though; worth loaning him out to another PL club or a Championship club for the rest of the season and let him get regular game time?
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 03, 2018, 05:33:40 PM
Reply #172

Lincs Toffee

I would like to see him and Sigurdsson together, think they would link up well myself.
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

January 07, 2018, 12:03:23 AM
Reply #173

Thomas

I dont understand this signing, where he plays or what purpose he serves.

January 07, 2018, 12:09:15 AM
Reply #174

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Should have signed Scott Brown
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 07, 2018, 12:41:53 AM
Reply #175

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Which signing pal?
Vlasic? Highly rated youngster with a Great work ethic, hope to see a lot more of the lad
Simply simply lovely

January 07, 2018, 01:09:41 AM
Reply #176

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The closest thing to pienaar since he lost it.

January 07, 2018, 01:15:19 AM
Reply #177

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The closest thing to pienaar since he lost it.

I was thinking Arteta but maybe more a faster Osman in that he keeps the ball almost underneath him when turning (either way).

January 07, 2018, 01:29:10 AM
Reply #178

gizzblue

Don't watch much footy then no?.