July 17, 2018, 03:09:02 PM

Author Topic: [News]Moshiri: We will look to add more in January  (Read 9829 times)

September 01, 2017, 06:15:14 PM
Read 9829 times

SANA_DR0

It's all relative.

This window is bad because we failed in our main objective which was to replace Lukaku as best we can.

Yes we've signed some terrific players and that is a massive positive but overall we've failed.

This was the opportunity to close the gap on our rivals. That ain't gonna happen is it. We're back to treading water again which is where we were for the back end of Moyes tenure. The best of the rest.

this is the thing that had got to me, we did well at the start of the transfer window, but it feels like i/we've been here countless times before (during the Moyes era) only needed to get 1 or 2 players to make us challengers for something.

its like the board are scared or just dont want to achieve what the fans want. i dont know how many transfer windows ive seen pass us by thinking this was the chance of closing the gap on our rivals.

i hope we're not abysmal to watch.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 06:22:57 PM by SANA_DR0 »
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 01, 2017, 08:28:06 PM
Reply #1

SANA_DR0

Mate, everyone here will understand your frustration. Most of us feel a level of it too. But in all honesty, yes, we should have replaced Lukaku, or rather added to the strikers we already have with a more number 9 type striker, but we have actually had a very good window. Imagine, if last night, at 10:30 Uncle Jim would have said, "and news just in from Merseyside... Everton have just signed Pickford, Keane, Klaassen, Sigurdsson and Rooney and Vlasic for 140 million odd to add to several excellent young players already added to the squad." But because nothing major happened late, it seems like a damp squib. But there is no denying, we have had an excellent window - shite last day, but an excellent window. We have four months now to get a target striker (assuming we dont do REALLY well with what we have in the next few months!), and if we dont, then I will be behind you moaning at Moshiri, but come on - be a bit more realistic and truthful with facts and less so fucking consistently depressing :)

i would have wondered why we had 4 if not 5 number 10's (4 bought this window) i would wonder where they would play. i would wonder where the pace would come from, as number tens usually play balls through to others, i would wonder if DCL could be play all season with out getting burnt out, then id wonder if we could play Keane as a number 9, as we have no one else to hold the ball up if DCL gets injured.

dont get me wrong. i love we have Sandro,Klaassan,Rooney,Siggy but the new croatian plus Barkley are all basically the same type of player, how can we even fit them into a system with no one running from deep, and if the central striker is always on the right wing?, Rooney and Sandro both run back into midfield looking for the ball,, we wont be able to stretch teams or play through them, thus nullifying having 3 number 10's on the pitch at the same time...

Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 01, 2017, 11:33:12 PM
Reply #2

SANA_DR0

People are acting like we're the only team In the premiership without a complete squad.

as said we only care about everton, plus i want to see some sort of fluid play from out team, playing players who cant run in behind, or not playing to our strengths,. is just going to be dull and abysmal all seasonl, i want to enjoy watching everton play (even if we lose) i dont want us to play abysmally not creating any chances and to lose.

which is how our team has shaped up this season. (having 3 number tens,  no one stretching the pitch and looking likea pub team no knowing wtf they're supposed to do.)
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 02, 2017, 12:02:46 AM
Reply #3

SANA_DR0

^^ lol

i like Koeman and all, i respect what he's achieved as a a player, but i want to be entertained by Everton. i want to see cohesiveness, i want to see flexibility i want to see us work as a team.

i think im coming to terms, that koeman wont be the manager to make us play 'nice'.

i dont want Koeman to be sacked or resign, but if we continue in the same vein as our europa league matches and prem matches.. i dont think it will be long/. until we get the manager we need who will get us playing how we should (UNSWORTH)

I like the fact thatt Koeman isnt animated on the bench, he looks calm, always thinking.. i just wish that transferred over onto the pitch... maybe it has.. and thats what we get :/

Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 06, 2017, 12:06:03 AM
Reply #4

SANA_DR0

lol i was joking with the under wear shouts...

maybe in 5 years or so  it maybe a reality.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....