October 20, 2017, 05:47:05 PM

Author Topic: [News]Moshiri: We will look to add more in January  (Read 5777 times)

September 01, 2017, 11:49:57 PM
Reply #105

Dr. Sponge

I just came on here to say fuckety shitballs at us not signing a striker.

As you were.

deCoubertin

September 02, 2017, 12:02:46 AM
Reply #106

SANA_DR0

^^ lol

i like Koeman and all, i respect what he's achieved as a a player, but i want to be entertained by Everton. i want to see cohesiveness, i want to see flexibility i want to see us work as a team.

i think im coming to terms, that koeman wont be the manager to make us play 'nice'.

i dont want Koeman to be sacked or resign, but if we continue in the same vein as our europa league matches and prem matches.. i dont think it will be long/. until we get the manager we need who will get us playing how we should (UNSWORTH)

I like the fact thatt Koeman isnt animated on the bench, he looks calm, always thinking.. i just wish that transferred over onto the pitch... maybe it has.. and thats what we get :/

Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 02, 2017, 12:09:09 AM
Reply #107

everton1952

Hells bells, so Koeman is to blame for the squad fiasco. I thought he was the first team coach who coached who he was given?

September 02, 2017, 01:10:04 AM
Reply #108

Realist

Hells bells, so Koeman is to blame for the squad fiasco. I thought he was the first team coach who coached who he was given?

What? Do you think he just gets given new players without any input on their purchase?

September 02, 2017, 01:56:54 PM
Reply #109

AllyBlue14

What? Do you think he just gets given new players without any input on their purchase?

It's taken 384 posts, but I think I agree with something you've said!

September 02, 2017, 02:17:27 PM
Reply #110

BlueForYou

Better to be patient than to panic buy

Looking forward to January and the FA Cup
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 02, 2017, 03:57:37 PM
Reply #111

ally2

Forgot about Robles.  Thought we were getting rid

September 02, 2017, 04:21:35 PM
Reply #112

Bob Sacamano

Forgot about Robles.  Thought we were getting rid

He's still here. And making Instagram videos of himself training in his back garden.

He should just make a YouTube compilation of balls getting smashed into his face and send it out to 2nd tier Spanish clubs and be done with it.

September 02, 2017, 06:28:26 PM
Reply #113

Bluedylan

I share the Koeman skepticism long-term. I think he's a solid manager and a safe pair of hands, but I don't see him as a difference maker or the kind of manager to bring about significant over-achievement through tactical innovation or exceptional player development, which is what would be needed to trouble the Top 6 consistently. He was a reasonable choice for the time but we need a more progressive (and potentially risky) appointment next time.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

September 02, 2017, 06:56:26 PM
Reply #114

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I share the Koeman skepticism long-term. I think he's a solid manager and a safe pair of hands, but I don't see him as a difference maker or the kind of manager to bring about significant over-achievement through tactical innovation or exceptional player development, which is what would be needed to trouble the Top 6 consistently. He was a reasonable choice for the time but we need a more progressive (and potentially risky) appointment next time.

I'm quite looking forward to getting into a more frequent coach / manager cycle.

I like Koeman, principally because I appreciate getting the basics right first and foremost.

I think he does try things tactically to lift us beyond the norm, they just don't work all the time... ;)

But yeah, until result bear out the safe money is on solid, if unspectacular, performances / seasons.

I think our signings have been good in terms of they should be fairly adaptable to most tactical approaches which should be beneficial in a changing cycle.

Re risky appointments I would hope that if we're still showing signs of promise, being close to top 6(4) etc that with the wages that we offer we should be able to attract someone who at least should be good, they might not be guaranteed to get us further than wherever Koeman leaves us but we shouldn't be risking Martinez levels of uselessness.

September 03, 2017, 10:15:35 AM
Reply #115

BlueMaquis

What is it with Moshiri? Last time it was making shit up about not signing Sissoko because McCarthy was "part of the family", this time it's Barkley getting a medical when Ross himself has said he never did.

September 03, 2017, 01:39:11 PM
Reply #116

KoemansNumberTens

I think I'm not arsed about koeman either. Don't get me wrong he did a good job last season. Sorted out all the basics that the last idiot didn't bother with. Got us organised, fit and solid and we finished as high as we possibly could. It wasn't spectacular but it was good

The impression I get going forwards though is that he's not overly entertaining and for me, I think he's creating the problems in the market by insisting on proven which for us means not good enough to move us forwards or just not realistic

I think he's ambitious in terms of where he ends up but not ambitious in terms of how his teams play or even where we finish. I think he'd happily take 3 7ths and then move on rather than take more risks in the market and risk a 10th trying for the champions league

Didn't really rate him when he arrived. Did well last season but I don't see much to suggest he can kick on. Maybe he's going to revolutionise football with his 10 10s and a keeper formation

September 03, 2017, 01:49:51 PM
Reply #117

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think you can make a fair judgement on Koeman at Everton until seasons end. This is his chance to put his stamp on a team that is now largely his

September 03, 2017, 04:14:24 PM
Reply #118

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think I'm not arsed about koeman either. Don't get me wrong he did a good job last season. Sorted out all the basics that the last idiot didn't bother with. Got us organised, fit and solid and we finished as high as we possibly could. It wasn't spectacular but it was good

The impression I get going forwards though is that he's not overly entertaining and for me, I think he's creating the problems in the market by insisting on proven which for us means not good enough to move us forwards or just not realistic

I think he's ambitious in terms of where he ends up but not ambitious in terms of how his teams play or even where we finish. I think he'd happily take 3 7ths and then move on rather than take more risks in the market and risk a 10th trying for the champions league

Didn't really rate him when he arrived. Did well last season but I don't see much to suggest he can kick on. Maybe he's going to revolutionise football with his 10 10s and a keeper formation

To be fair re the signings, most this summer have been players who can improve.

E.g. if Keane really develops on the ball then that's a massive plus going forward.

There's only Rooney and Sigurdsson, this summer, out of the proper signings that don't have a potential upswing long term.

Most successful signings have some pedigree behind them.

I think for the "punt" successes you need a lot of luck.

September 03, 2017, 04:47:52 PM
Reply #119

Mayor Farnum

I think we may have tried that with the last fella.

I agree that in our current situation it is over-achievement we are looking for I just don't think that is a long-term solution. Over-achievement generally only lasts for one season. What we really need is serious long-term investment in the team and the most disappointing thing for me this window were the signs that we may not have as much cash to spend as we assumed.