October 22, 2017, 02:38:12 AM

Author Topic: [News]Moshiri: We will look to add more in January  (Read 5804 times)

September 03, 2017, 05:32:27 PM
Reply #120

dchans

Or, that we didnt want to have our pants down as prices are sky high - imagine what Pickford, Keane etc would have cost if we bought them after the Neymar transfer!

Even barca, one of the richest clubs decided to keep their money in the bank for another day

Get a forward in January and we are fine
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...

deCoubertin

September 03, 2017, 05:48:51 PM
Reply #121

KoemansNumberTens

To be fair re the signings, most this summer have been players who can improve.

E.g. if Keane really develops on the ball then that's a massive plus going forward.

There's only Rooney and Sigurdsson, this summer, out of the proper signings that don't have a potential upswing long term.

Most successful signings have some pedigree behind them.

I think for the "punt" successes you need a lot of luck.

I do think much of my issue is with Sigurdsson. He was the last of our number 10s through the door infinitely more expensive than rooney and not got the potential of klassen to develop. It just seems a ridiculous signing and a ridiculous waste of a lot of time when surely any idiot could see we needed something different. Think take him out and get us a striker and/or a winger and my mood would be infinitely better.

September 03, 2017, 09:57:23 PM
Reply #122

Lxxx

I can see Barkley, McCarthy and Robles out the door in January for maybe 35m tops and that money spent on what we needed to complete this window.
I don't see a big name being brought in and I don't see us blowing loads of cash either.

I may be wrong but I see Moshiri as a careful owner, not Tony Fernandes silly but not tight either. If we're going to progress I think it'll be Partidge-esque and be more evolution rather than revolution.

September 03, 2017, 11:00:28 PM
Reply #123

Mayor Farnum

We will look to add more in January? Of course we will, we should add more in every subsequent window as well; it's the main way of improving your first team. It just looks like we will be expending some of our energy in January correcting mistakes of this last window.

September 04, 2017, 12:39:58 AM
Reply #124

MmmBlueRamirez

He should just make a YouTube compilation of balls getting smashed into his face and send it out to 2nd tier Spanish clubs and be done with it.

That's his greatest attribute.

At least he can catch now. Which is handy for a keeper.

So he should consider his time here wasn't a complete loss.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 04, 2017, 12:43:53 AM
Reply #125

TheTone

he sounds like a meerkat and I'm still pissed off with him for going on the blower

September 05, 2017, 07:54:46 PM
Reply #126

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
^^ lol

i like Koeman and all, i respect what he's achieved as a a player, but i want to be entertained by Everton. i want to see cohesiveness, i want to see flexibility i want to see us work as a team.

i think im coming to terms, that koeman wont be the manager to make us play 'nice'.

i dont want Koeman to be sacked or resign, but if we continue in the same vein as our europa league matches and prem matches.. i dont think it will be long/. until we get the manager we need who will get us playing how we should (UNSWORTH)

I like the fact thatt Koeman isnt animated on the bench, he looks calm, always thinking.. i just wish that transferred over onto the pitch... maybe it has.. and thats what we get :/

Can we fuck off with this undsworth shout. Such a daft shout.

Done fuck all as a manager to qualify him taking over a role like Everton, let him go and earn his stripes somewhere fine but if we sacked Koeman and hired undsworth it'd be pure Newcastle stuff.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 05, 2017, 08:15:10 PM
Reply #127

Jamokachi

Can we fuck off with this undsworth shout. Such a daft shout.

Done fuck all as a manager to qualify him taking over a role like Everton, let him go and earn his stripes somewhere fine but if we sacked Koeman and hired undsworth it'd be pure Newcastle stuff.

Guardiola was assistant at Barca... just saying.

September 05, 2017, 08:51:14 PM
Reply #128

Cereal Killer

And he took over a team already at the top and requiring  very little work

September 05, 2017, 09:05:24 PM
Reply #129

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Absolutely different planets.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 05, 2017, 09:12:12 PM
Reply #130

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
It took man city just under 4 years from Mansour taking over to winning the league.
They are as close a comparison to our situation as it's possible to get. Various managers, good buys, bad buys ' why would we expect our journey to be that much different?
2 3/4 years less than they had and I don't think we are doing too badly.
There is a culture of wanting everything straight away in football, some people are going to have to learn to be patient.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 05, 2017, 09:14:28 PM
Reply #131

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It took man city just under 4 years from Mansour taking over to winning the league.
They are as close a comparison to our situation as it's possible to get. Various managers, good buys, bad buys ' why would we expect our journey to be that much different?
2 3/4 years less than they had and I don't think we are doing too badly.
There is a culture of wanting everything straight away in football, some people are going to have to learn to be patient.
They only really had two sides to compete with though, we have about 8

Simply simply lovely

September 05, 2017, 09:20:00 PM
Reply #132

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
They only really had two sides to compete with though, we have about 8
That's true and the reality now is that if we do succeed we don't become one of the 'top 4' elite we merely make it a top 7 elite with only the same number of trophies to go round.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 05, 2017, 09:25:07 PM
Reply #133

Cereal Killer

That's true and the reality now is that if we do succeed we don't become one of the 'top 4' elite we merely make it a top 7 elite with only the same number of trophies to go round.

So what you're saying is we need to petition the FA to introduce more trophies?!

:hug:

September 05, 2017, 09:28:50 PM
Reply #134

School of Science

Getting the top 4 now is like winning the league 3 or 4 years ago. Still can't believe what Leicester City achieved, unbelievable.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15