December 15, 2017, 01:09:32 AM

Author Topic: [News]Moshiri: We will look to add more in January  (Read 7361 times)

September 05, 2017, 09:44:39 PM
Reply #135

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It took man city just under 4 years from Mansour taking over to winning the league.
They are as close a comparison to our situation as it's possible to get. Various managers, good buys, bad buys ' why would we expect our journey to be that much different?
2 3/4 years less than they had and I don't think we are doing too badly.
There is a culture of wanting everything straight away in football, some people are going to have to learn to be patient.

Does anyone believe we should be anywhere near winning the league at this point?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

deCoubertin

September 05, 2017, 09:46:24 PM
Reply #136

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
So what you're saying is we need to petition the FA to introduce more trophies?!

:hug:
No, I'm saying there was a small elite group and the elite group is getting bigger but there are still the same number of trophies to win.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 05, 2017, 09:52:55 PM
Reply #137

Marky Mark and the funky

Can we fuck off with this undsworth shout. Such a daft shout.

Done fuck all as a manager to qualify him taking over a role like Everton, let him go and earn his stripes somewhere fine but if we sacked Koeman and hired undsworth it'd be pure Newcastle stuff.

I like the point but what is with the "Undsworth" bit, where you getting that 'd' from? Is that a deliberate pun because it's not even how you say the name :eh:

September 05, 2017, 09:53:53 PM
Reply #138

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I like the point but what is with the "Undsworth" bit, where you getting that 'd' from? Is that a deliberate pun because it's not even how you say the name :eh:

Lmao no just me being a dope.

UnDsie
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 05, 2017, 09:55:19 PM
Reply #139

Marky Mark and the funky

Lmao no just me being a dope.

UnDsie

Haha I can see how you get it from the shortened version now, fair play ;)

September 06, 2017, 12:06:03 AM
Reply #140

SANA_DR0

lol i was joking with the under wear shouts...

maybe in 5 years or so  it maybe a reality.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 06, 2017, 02:54:08 AM
Reply #141

Realist

It took man city just under 4 years from Mansour taking over to winning the league.
They are as close a comparison to our situation as it's possible to get. Various managers, good buys, bad buys ' why would we expect our journey to be that much different?
2 3/4 years less than they had and I don't think we are doing too badly.
There is a culture of wanting everything straight away in football, some people are going to have to learn to be patient.

How is it as close to our situation as it's possible to get?
City's owners have endless funds, Moshiri needed to sell Barkley to buy a striker
It's not even remotely similar

September 06, 2017, 03:02:42 AM
Reply #142

blueski

Moshiri needed to sell Barkley to buy a striker
simply untrue/unsubstantiated
Nil Satis

September 06, 2017, 04:48:25 AM
Reply #143

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
City's owners have endless funds, Moshiri needed to sell Barkley to buy a striker
It's  very like ours
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 06, 2017, 07:26:07 AM
Reply #144

Ramjam

The only way that every team gets a fair go is to introduce a salary cap for all PL teams
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 06, 2017, 10:30:48 AM
Reply #145

bluenuck

The only way that every team gets a fair go is to introduce a salary cap for all PL teams

You might as well just kick them all out of all European competitions then.

Gotta think bigger picture. This isn't like North American sports where there's one main league in the whole world.

And on another note. If anyone thinks we're like Man city was and is expecting to win this league in 4-5 years then I want what you're smoking.

September 06, 2017, 11:16:49 AM
Reply #146

Realist

September 06, 2017, 02:11:03 PM
Reply #147

gizzblue

How do you know Moshiris finances so well?.

More guesswork without proof .

Just like city for us it won't happen overnight despite the moaning of a few ,it takes a Good couple of years to build a squad ,especially one that was full of Martinez phenomenon types .
A plan true fans will get on behind.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 02:13:20 PM by gizzblue »

September 06, 2017, 02:52:45 PM
Reply #148

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
We can't spend like city did initially - regardless of Moshiri's finances.

Ours can only be a much longer term project. Hopefully we have a buffer against any potential financial bubble bursting in the meantime.

September 06, 2017, 03:12:53 PM
Reply #149

Realist

How do you know Moshiris finances so well?.

More guesswork without proof .

Just like city for us it won't happen overnight despite the moaning of a few ,it takes a Good couple of years to build a squad ,especially one that was full of Martinez phenomenon types .
A plan true fans will get on behind.

How do you?
Why do you think we never bought a striker? The target man that Koeman wanted?