October 22, 2018, 12:21:40 PM

Author Topic: [News]Moshiri: We will look to add more in January  (Read 11370 times)

September 01, 2017, 07:34:07 PM
Read 11370 times

Marky Mark and the funky

A striker is an absolute must and a big money one at that ( Jan or June ) . Henry has failed to find the net in 4 attempts at Anderlecht and it is fair to assume he would be nowhere near ready for the Prem even next season . We don't really need anything more than a striker as we have enough to cope at the back but not up top .

Nice tracking of a loanee Rodenplav64 cheers, any more details on where he's been playing etc?

September 01, 2017, 08:51:18 PM
Reply #1

Marky Mark and the funky

Makes me laugh people saying well a few years ago we signed Pistone or Kroldrup
Guess what that was before the TV money exploded so it's a pointless statement
How much does a premier league club get now from the broadcasters?

I'm shocked that people are happy to accept the crap window we've just had

Lukaku was known to be leaving a long time ago, not getting a replacement is pathetic

That knob doing that interview hasn't helped & as for getting a striker in January! Guess what.... the season may already be dead by then

You've got a point whinging now, and I hold my hands up as well, it has proved correct we failed to end the window exactly where we wanted.

Better off to focus on some of the positives now, there is no choice but to accept the outcome and move on :thumbsup:

Agreed the interview was a bit too much spin for my liking but I suppose he had the courage to go on TV and face the music!

September 01, 2017, 10:06:22 PM
Reply #2

Marky Mark and the funky

@eyesalwaysblue

We're going to need Face:Off 3 for Moshiri vs Koeman

September 05, 2017, 09:52:55 PM
Reply #3

Marky Mark and the funky

Can we fuck off with this undsworth shout. Such a daft shout.

Done fuck all as a manager to qualify him taking over a role like Everton, let him go and earn his stripes somewhere fine but if we sacked Koeman and hired undsworth it'd be pure Newcastle stuff.

I like the point but what is with the "Undsworth" bit, where you getting that 'd' from? Is that a deliberate pun because it's not even how you say the name :eh:

September 05, 2017, 09:55:19 PM
Reply #4

Marky Mark and the funky

Lmao no just me being a dope.

UnDsie

Haha I can see how you get it from the shortened version now, fair play ;)

September 06, 2017, 08:07:31 PM
Reply #5

Marky Mark and the funky

That last line was entirely my point, thanks for agreeing.

RE: the window. Anybody who is worried that we have stockpiled is either saying that they know more than Koeman (they dont) or that he hasn't got a clue (unlikely).

I, for one, don't think Pickford is the same as Klaassen. I dont think Sandro is the same as Sigurdson. I don't think Keane is the same as Vlasic.
Take Rooney out of the equation and the signings of Klaassen (more of a CM), Sigurdsson (AMF) & Sandro (Forward) don't look all that similar...
Put simply though, we are not in a position to turn down somebody of the experience and quality of Rooney. He is a short term option and the others are medium/long term options.

This is the first argument I've seen where I'm firmly in @Ross corner. I'm not discounting everything you said Mick but what were you smoking to come up with the above highlights?!

"Assuming that Koeman wanted something different to what he got"  :clap: (I don't think what you said in brackets saves you from the former daft statement ;))

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:09:20 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

September 06, 2017, 09:13:57 PM
Reply #6

Marky Mark and the funky

OK, well this isn't a fight, me and @Ross aren't falling out over this so join in.

So what part's do you disagree with?
Obviously the player comparisons are only technically true (I do admit to being a bit facetious with how disparate the players i chose were).
The main point, as you have noted, is in the brackets. I expected people to also be able to recognise the inferred point that we have also bought a keeper, centre half and winger.

Ross has also mentioned about how you cant take Rooney our of the equation, so let me expand on that:
I don't think any of the players we have bought play in the exact same position. But, people think differently so i'll argue there.
Rooney is 31. He has 1 or 2 years left
Sigurdsson is 27. He has 5 or 6 years left
Sandro is 22. He has 10 or 11 years left
Klaassen is 21. he has 11 or 12 years left.

Considering Koeman seems to prefer 2 of the 'attacking 3' behind the striker to be of a similar type - i dont think we are congested and it looks like he has made sure we have the potential to have a world class centre for the next decade. Making sure the 'risks' have the time & guidance to bed in properly.

Agreed there is no 'beef' so to speak.

First example, interpreting the argument that we have stockpiled in one position as a slight against Koeman. I take it as just pointing out we have a lot of very good players in one position whilst managing to not sign anyone we can be certain is good in the crucial leading-the-line role.

We agree on Wayne being short-term, and that no one here knows of our budgetary constraints/limits.

The hark-back to the '90s seems completely out of place, although the idea width only matters at the back is fine if you are dominating time with the football. Without the ball width up-front is a great out-ball, especially with the kicking skill of Pickford.

I already picked on the idea Koeman got what he wanted, to be fair thought he strengthened three out of four areas if you were to divide the pitch in the most basic sense so that is not a disaster. Finally your newer post, see your point. It is still not a good strategy to bank on one-up-front forever. It would be better to have the choice of playing two strikers even with an injury and we barely have that at the moment.

I don't want to be too critical because we are only 3 matches in and may well achieve a lot!

p.s. love the use of 'facetious'
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:18:55 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »