October 19, 2017, 10:49:30 AM

Author Topic: Dominic Calvert-Lewin - Is he our Harry Kane?  (Read 2762 times)

September 01, 2017, 06:06:45 AM
Read 2762 times

Shogun

Administrator
This lad is going to be our main striker until probably January and possibly longer.

Kane become a regular at Spurs when he was about a year older than DCL is now.

Does he have that sort of potential?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

deCoubertin

September 01, 2017, 06:09:45 AM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

This lad is going to be our main striker until probably January and possibly longer.

Almost certainly not. I think people compare to Kane cos Kane was shite for a while. DCL has done very little to suggest he's capable of becoming 1 of the worlds best forwards. The comparison is that neither did Kane for a time. 99.999999999999% of people who don't look capable of it prove not to be capable though

September 01, 2017, 06:11:23 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
Almost certainly not. I think people compare to Kane cos Kane was shite for a while. DCL has done very little to suggest he's capable of becoming 1 of the worlds best forwards. The comparison is that neither did Kane for a time. 99.999999999999% of people who don't look capable of it prove not to be capable though

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 01, 2017, 06:11:56 AM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

No
Not imo
He's a decent runner and a squad filler but no where near a decent prem forward and tbh its a bit too much pressure on the lad

Simply simply lovely

September 01, 2017, 06:12:18 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I like the look of him and personally say stick him up top until Jan.

Worries about running him into the ground but at home against shit teams you would hope we'd be able to work it through midfield more and let the ball do the work rather than hitting people on the break or stretching defences etc.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 01, 2017, 06:13:31 AM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Let's hope so hey, because if he ain't we might have a few issues.

September 01, 2017, 06:14:02 AM
Reply #6

Robioto

Trying to be positive, I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops over the next 4 months now.

He could thrive on being one of the main men and getting more game time. His improvement since his debut against Arsenal last December has been pretty quick, lets hope that continues.

I just hope he actually does play down the middle and don't keep trying to shoehorn Sandro and Rooney in there. We need someone willing in the box, we have quality enough players behind DCL or whoever plays there to create chances.

We'll see...

September 01, 2017, 06:14:50 AM
Reply #7

KoemansNumberTens

He looks a decent prospect. Good workrate, okay movement but could he become 1 of the top 4 or 5 strikers in the world? I've not seen anything to suggest that. Have you really

Like I say I think Kane is the easy 1 to say because it can then be pointed out that he didn't look like becoming the player he did

September 01, 2017, 06:15:02 AM
Reply #8

Realist

I don't think so Kane is a stone cold finisher and DCL isn't
Having said that I hope he does well, his unexpected promotion to first team mainstay might be the only good thing to come out of this abysmal transfer window

September 01, 2017, 06:16:40 AM
Reply #9

bigac

Well, we're going to find out. The opportunity is there for sure.

September 01, 2017, 06:22:19 AM
Reply #10

Robioto

I'd like to think DCL is rubbing his hands together with excitement at the moment. This is his chance, he should be full of it now.

September 01, 2017, 06:24:37 AM
Reply #11

gizzblue

I'm made up for the lad and feel he will do well ....the few times I've seen him now he's impressed ....granted not the finished article by any means ,but he has goals in him and an eye for a pass too . (Rooney header)...he certainly took the goal against Split as easy as Kane would've.but needs to play throuh the middle.

September 01, 2017, 06:31:56 AM
Reply #12

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
He's shown glimpses, there's some raw potential there. His shooting is a bit week but he strikes me as one who will grow in confidence the more games he gets and the right support. Let's see him over the next four months
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 01, 2017, 06:34:21 AM
Reply #13

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 01, 2017, 06:46:35 AM
Reply #14

Cozzie

No, he is our Dominic Calvert-Lewin.