October 22, 2017, 10:37:09 PM

Author Topic: Dominic Calvert-Lewin - Is he our Harry Kane?  (Read 2821 times)

September 01, 2017, 03:21:25 PM
Reply #15

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
He is too easily pushed off the ball, needs a bit more upper body strength, needs to put a few kilo on.

deCoubertin

September 01, 2017, 03:26:06 PM
Reply #16

bigac

He is too easily pushed off the ball, needs a bit more upper body strength, needs to put a few kilo on.

True, he is a bit waif-like. Needs a chat with Oxlade-Chamberlain across the park, or even Aaron Lennon.

September 01, 2017, 03:26:15 PM
Reply #17

Everton Mint

He's probably the nearest English prospect that could be the new Kane.

And with Rooney and Big Dunc as mentors he has a chance of making it.

September 01, 2017, 03:27:58 PM
Reply #18

Macca77

I think he will surprise quite a few people this season

September 01, 2017, 03:29:24 PM
Reply #19

Martip

I can't see it but I bloody hope so !

September 01, 2017, 03:29:51 PM
Reply #20

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Love the guy to bits but I sometimes wonder how effective Big Dunc is as a striking coach, I mean you can't really coach instinct can you ? Was his appointment perhaps Koemans gesture to appease the fans ?
Really don't know how much of a contribution to Lukaku's tally he made ?

September 01, 2017, 03:33:37 PM
Reply #21

Gary1878

He is a different to Kane in that his finishing is nowhere near as good, but his hold up play is his biggest strength.

The one thing with Harry Kane is that his all round play is actually really poor. He looks like he will just fall over the ball every time he gets it, similar to the way Shearer was. What a finisher though.

September 01, 2017, 03:36:30 PM
Reply #22

BlueBeagle

Point of this thread? It's the same as that one the other week calling Pickford the new Southall.

September 01, 2017, 03:37:20 PM
Reply #23

AllyBlue14

Love the guy to bits but I sometimes wonder how effective Big Dunc is as a striking coach, I mean you can't really coach instinct can you ? Was his appointment perhaps Koemans gesture to appease the fans ?
Really don't know how much of a contribution to Lukaku's tally he made ?

Didn't he join under Martínez?

September 01, 2017, 03:38:29 PM
Reply #24

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't he join under Martínez?

Yes but when Koeman had a clear out of training staff he kept Big Dunc.

September 01, 2017, 03:38:30 PM
Reply #25

MmmBlueRamirez

Point of this thread? It's the same as that one the other week calling Pickford the new Southall.

Well you can clearly see Pickford is soon going to be world class. You cannot (unless you're DCLs mum) say the same about DCL.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 01, 2017, 03:43:35 PM
Reply #26

Martip

Yes but when Koeman had a clear out of training staff he kept Big Dunc.
Only because he was scared of him :thumbsup:

September 01, 2017, 03:54:14 PM
Reply #27

themilkycoffees

Unlikely to reach anything like Kane's level and shouldn't have been put in the position where he has to be our main striker for 4-5 months. I like DCL, but if we're looking to progress then he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI just yet. 

September 01, 2017, 04:04:05 PM
Reply #28

SANA_DR0

I don't think so Kane is a stone cold finisher and DCL isn't
Having said that I hope he does well, his unexpected promotion to first team mainstay might be the only good thing to come out of this abysmal transfer window

from seeing DCL at the u20 world cup, and playing in his BEST position, he is a FINISHER even his goal for us, was a great finish, the issue is. not playing him upfront. you cant expect him to finish when he;'s playing RWB.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

September 01, 2017, 04:32:20 PM
Reply #29

mikey_blue

I still don't think Harry Kane is Harry Kane. Absolutely sure he's just riding the crest of the wave since his debut. Surely it's got to end sometime?

There's always a place in a team for an athletic striker who can run all day, win headers and facilitate others, but I've not seen anything from him that makes him look like a natural finisher. One thing is though, he's completely changed my mind in a few games, so if he keeps on getting better, then why not?