October 23, 2017, 10:00:28 PM

Author Topic: Rooney arrested  (Read 6643 times)

September 01, 2017, 06:39:52 PM
Reply #45

Lxxx

With Colleen away in Mallorca with the kids it's like he can't be trusted on his own. Footballers truly are man-childs.

deCoubertin

September 01, 2017, 06:53:59 PM
Reply #46

MmmBlueRamirez

Arrested for Suspicion of drink driving.

Not charged or guilty

He's signing lots of autographed photos for all the officers involved as we speak.

No bribes here m'lud.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 01, 2017, 06:55:05 PM
Reply #47

Macca77

Hes not the first and won't be the last

Move along nothing to see here

September 01, 2017, 06:58:50 PM
Reply #48

Jamokachi

That's a cop out point of view though.

"Oh well, everyone else does it" is exactly the fucking problem.

I hope (if he is guilty) he's punished accordingly, regardless of the effect on Everton.

September 01, 2017, 07:02:47 PM
Reply #49

Evertonian in NC

Would a representative from the club like to come over and shit in my shoes while I'm in the shower, too?  Would wrap up the last 24 hours quite nicely.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 01, 2017, 07:06:47 PM
Reply #50

Lazarou

That's alright then, as long as someone else has done it. The guy is a fucking idiot there is no excuse. Like someone else mentioned he could have ordered a helicopter with the change in his pocket.

September 01, 2017, 07:10:11 PM
Reply #51

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Daft lad
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

September 01, 2017, 07:29:01 PM
Reply #52

everton1952

Agree entirely that as a millionaire he should have employed a driver.  Otherwise, stop preaching from your phony, holier than thou pulpits. Maybe he just had slightly over the limit and was not drunk.  I am going drinking and driving tonight and will have what I always have - 1 pint.

September 01, 2017, 07:30:42 PM
Reply #53

Macca77

That's a cop out point of view though.

"Oh well, everyone else does it" is exactly the fucking problem.

I hope (if he is guilty) he's punished accordingly, regardless of the effect on Everton.

Not a cop out at all, no condoning it whatsoever either, just stating that quite a few footballers have been caught doing the same.

And of course he will be punished and rightly so.

September 01, 2017, 07:32:32 PM
Reply #54

Macca77

That's alright then, as long as someone else has done it. The guy is a fucking idiot there is no excuse. Like someone else mentioned he could have ordered a helicopter with the change in his pocket.

Whooooa there, climb down off that high horse of yours, I'm not for one condoning what hes done here

September 01, 2017, 07:33:05 PM
Reply #55

gizzblue

Wow, a footballers an idiot off the pitch ....who'd a thunk it 😅😅.

September 01, 2017, 07:35:06 PM
Reply #56

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

There's being an idiot, and there's driving over the limit, Gizzblue. That is a whole new class of idiot. Especially when you are a multi million earning superstar and under the spotlight. I hope hes not done and its not as "bad" as what people are making out, but come on, Wayne, wtf fella? :(

September 01, 2017, 07:37:45 PM
Reply #57

Lazarou

Whooooa there, climb down off that high horse of yours, I'm not for one condoning what hes done here

Well it probably it is a bit personal but as mentioned earlier I did get hit by a drunk driver when I was younger and also when I was at a high school (a long time ago) a fellow pupil was killed by a drunk driver.

No excuse for this knobhead behaviour by a senior player.

September 01, 2017, 07:40:07 PM
Reply #58

DannyR

Why was he driving a beetle?
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

September 01, 2017, 07:43:47 PM
Reply #59

Marky Mark and the funky

Agree entirely that as a millionaire he should have employed a driver.  Otherwise, stop preaching from your phony, holier than thou pulpits. Maybe he just had slightly over the limit and was not drunk.  I am going drinking and driving tonight and will have what I always have - 1 pint.

Nothing like that here.

Personally I tend to drive to minor social events and go home hoping I've balanced the alcohol limit purely on how I'm feeling, sometimes I would stay out an extra 30-60 minutes if I'm a bit heady. Other times I've been driving 3-4 minutes and start thinking I might be impaired more than I first judged, in this case I tend to just keep driving because I've already started.

If during these scenarios I get pulled over and found to be over the limit I would have considered it my fault, nobody else's, and still rightly frowned upon even if no one was actually hurt or it is just a 'little bit' over the limit. The whole point of the rules are because your own judgement could be impaired itself.

Doing a Gibson is another matter again, I don't know how he avoided further punishment!