December 15, 2017, 02:28:05 PM

Author Topic: Rooney arrested  (Read 8220 times)

September 03, 2017, 07:48:39 AM
Reply #165

Jamokachi

Wayne and his complete clusterfuck of an evening meaning he won't be "mentally fit" to lead the line any time soon?

You're kidding aren't you? This is all a day in the life for rich footballers. This won't affect him on the pitch.

deCoubertin

September 03, 2017, 07:51:31 AM
Reply #166

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
At least we have a selection of number 10s to fall back on til he's got his life back together. And we save $300k too.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

September 03, 2017, 03:31:46 PM
Reply #167

Paddockoldie

Why didn't  he just hire a driver if he was out having a beer? It's not like he's waiting for his next giro to drop on the mat is it? Silly boy

September 03, 2017, 04:12:57 PM
Reply #168

Mayor Farnum

If I was a professional footballer and could afford the fine for drunk driving I'd find that preferable to having to get into a Delta cab with some fella in the front telling me how he was great as a teenager and was all set for a pro career until injuries and clubs playing favorites fucked him up. How he now runs an under elevens team on Sunday mornings and the junior league is full of great coaches who could manage in the Premier League but they'll never get a chance as it's all a conspiracy.

September 03, 2017, 04:20:30 PM
Reply #169

Juanito

Drop him for two weeks. Fine him two weeks wages and donate that hefty sum to charities that support families that have lost loved ones to drink drivers.

September 03, 2017, 04:20:46 PM
Reply #170

Tinga

If I was a professional footballer and could afford the fine for drunk driving I'd find that preferable to having to get into a Delta cab with some fella in the front telling me how he was great as a teenager and was all set for a pro career until injuries and clubs playing favorites fucked him up. How he now runs an under elevens team on Sunday mornings and the junior league is full of great coaches who could manage in the Premier League but they'll never get a chance as it's all a conspiracy.

You'd prefer potentially killing somebody whilst drunk driving like an idiot? great logic that.

September 03, 2017, 04:22:29 PM
Reply #171

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
You'd prefer potentially killing somebody whilst drunk driving like an idiot? great logic that.

I don't suppose anyone is thinking logically at the time though.

Edit:

I don't mean that as an excuse - just that I doubt people sit there thinking I could mow any number of people down. They probably think they're going to be ok.

Or if they're really gone, don't think at all.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:27:22 PM by GLewis »

September 03, 2017, 04:36:29 PM
Reply #172

Simon Paul

Administrator

he did both though

he got a taxi to the car he was driving

he's an actual moron isn't he?

September 03, 2017, 04:36:49 PM
Reply #173

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We've all done stupid things when drunk.

I'd hate to see what id be like if I had Wayne rooneys fame and fortune, which is why I'm not being judgemental about it.

Also, as for his football, it really isn't a big deal.

September 03, 2017, 04:49:43 PM
Reply #174

AllyBlue14

Drop him for two weeks. Fine him two weeks wages and donate that hefty sum to charities that support families that have lost loved ones to drink drivers.

Agree with the second part, but I think we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot if we drop him. That may have selfish motivations, but I'm also not a fan of double jeopardy - I think he needs one harsh punishment, not multiple, whether that's a fine or dropping him from the squad (not my preference).

Don't forget also, that he's likely to be punished by the law too (and rightly), which will supplement any punishment Everton hand him.

September 03, 2017, 04:56:46 PM
Reply #175

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Has a player ever been dropped for drunk driving?

September 03, 2017, 05:26:26 PM
Reply #176

SANA_DR0

he did both though

he got a taxi to the car he was driving

he's an actual moron isn't he?

lol what the hai, this cant be real, ???

just sitting here shaking my head..  getting a taxi to the car your going to drive, it was a shit car anyway, why go back to it.

i would say drop him. wish Barkley was fit.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 03, 2017, 05:32:09 PM
Reply #177

Everton Mint

I cant believe people think it wont affect his football if his personal life falls apart.

I think if Coleen leaves with the kids he will be devastated.

September 03, 2017, 05:34:40 PM
Reply #178

duncandisorderly

I cant believe people think it wont affect his football if his personal life falls apart.

I think if Coleen leaves with the kids he will be devastated.
I'd have to agree with that, can't see how it won't affect him on the pitch, if that happens his head will be all over the place.

September 03, 2017, 05:36:21 PM
Reply #179

Mayor Farnum

Has a player ever been dropped for drunk driving?

No, but let's be honest if there is ever a club that is going to do it it will be us.