November 21, 2017, 12:25:08 PM

Author Topic: What is Sandro?  (Read 3421 times)

September 01, 2017, 07:12:08 PM
Read 3421 times

Toddacelli

Felt like he was a main striker with all the hype when we were signing him.

Being talked about all across the shop - CF, winger, #10

I liked how he and Rooney switched sides against Sevilla - he seems to have good movement.

And with him and DCL I do feel we have pace upfront - not absolutely electric - but not too shabby either.

How would you play him?

Also - bonus question:

When is he back from injury?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

deCoubertin

September 01, 2017, 07:14:53 PM
Reply #1

TheTone

a sexy bastard who runs around and falls over a lot so far

September 01, 2017, 07:21:41 PM
Reply #2

everton1952

Tell him to score goals and if that does not happen get shut.

September 01, 2017, 07:25:06 PM
Reply #3

Marky Mark and the funky

Very promising player who I hope gets up to speed with the team and communicating with some English ASAP. Doubt we'll know his best position for a good while yet.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:46:22 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

September 01, 2017, 07:27:40 PM
Reply #4

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

A 2nd striker, that would play very well off a muscular target man striker, like a Giroud, Das Boot, Dzjeko, etc.... if we had fecking got one ;).

I guess we should play him, Rooney and DCL together, so we have options. He has got a bit of pace, so with him and DCL we shouldnt be pushed right back down the pitch as we have been against better clubs, but unless he is given a run of games, we wont quite know what to expect.

--------- Pickford

RB --- CB --- CB --- LB

--- Gana -- Schneids

------- Sig'n ------------

Rooney --------- Sandro
---------- DCL -----------

You would expect Sandro to be running all over the place, pulling defenders everywhere, whilst DCL does a similar thing but is more of a focal point and Sigurdsson and Rooney are running the show just behind them, whilst Gana and Schniederlin shield but also try and pick out runs. That is assuming we arent as static as we have been. With Coleman back in a few weeks, and assuming we keep our core players fit, we actually have a decent side - but we need to do a lot more training of movement, passes into space, coming for and receiving the ball - we need a much faster paced, dynamic play style, much like the second half of the 2nd game against Rumbelows in Europa when Sandro came off the bench, more urgency from mid to top. The good thing about fucking up getting a striker this window, is that we can now (you would think/hope) carefully and meticulously find the right man, and do a deal for a top striker that would fit right in, early in January. Hopefully.

Positivity!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:33:26 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

September 01, 2017, 07:30:18 PM
Reply #5

Evertonian in NC

The best player I have ever seen.  Try to keep up!

In all seriousness, he seems like he plays best alongside Rooney where they both can move around interchangeably.  Would like to see him more in the lone striker role up top when DCL is getting a breather, as well.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 01, 2017, 08:03:45 PM
Reply #6

MmmBlueRamirez

Smouldering.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 01, 2017, 08:11:35 PM
Reply #7

hill135

The illegitimate son of Roberto Martinez?

September 01, 2017, 08:14:38 PM
Reply #8

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Son? You mean brother, who knows a good passport faker? :D

Between him, Rooney and Klaassen, we wont be doing any red shite style shampoo adverts lol :) Never mind wash and go, its more wash and went :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:16:18 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

September 01, 2017, 08:22:10 PM
Reply #9

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Felt like he was a main striker with all the hype when we were signing him.

Being talked about all across the shop - CF, winger, #10

I liked how he and Rooney switched sides against Sevilla - he seems to have good movement.

And with him and DCL I do feel we have pace upfront - not absolutely electric - but not too shabby either.

How would you play him?

Also - bonus question:

When is he back from injury?

His interchangeability will be key I think, once he's up to speed he should be able to switch across the front line. Don't think he can play up front on his own from what we've seen, at least not against teams who will limit our chances and leave him isolated. Maybe he'll get better at that with time though.

Bonus answer - last Sunday?

September 01, 2017, 08:47:36 PM
Reply #10

Evertonian in NC

I think the hope is - and I will be super annoyed if not the case - we didn't set him back by foolishly throwing him on the pitch unfit at Stamford Bridge.

Spurs at home, rested, is a very winnable match.  But we need a fit Sandro to do so.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 01, 2017, 08:52:43 PM
Reply #11

bigac

Our saviour! (praying)  :hail:

September 01, 2017, 09:13:21 PM
Reply #12

Tofifee

What is Sandro you ask...

Je Suis Sandro

September 01, 2017, 09:19:29 PM
Reply #13

Toddacelli

Bonus answer - last Sunday?

Ha! Thanks

I missed that game and there wasn't a player ratings thread so I sort of missed the comeback (I was at TWO weddings that weekend - madness!)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 01, 2017, 09:35:05 PM
Reply #14

Evertonian in NC

Ha! Thanks

I missed that game and there wasn't a player ratings thread so I sort of missed the comeback (I was at TWO weddings that weekend - madness!)

1) You really didn't miss much. ESPNFC gave every starter a 5, our madman Mo a 6, DCL a 7 (their Everton correspondent is properly in love with DCL).  It was fucking dire.

2) Stop having so many friends, FFS.  Or have friends with the courtesy to get married on international breaks.