September 25, 2018, 09:44:19 PM

Author Topic: What is Sandro?  (Read 12607 times)

September 01, 2017, 08:22:10 PM
Read 12607 times

MrWhite

Felt like he was a main striker with all the hype when we were signing him.

Being talked about all across the shop - CF, winger, #10

I liked how he and Rooney switched sides against Sevilla - he seems to have good movement.

And with him and DCL I do feel we have pace upfront - not absolutely electric - but not too shabby either.

How would you play him?

Also - bonus question:

When is he back from injury?

His interchangeability will be key I think, once he's up to speed he should be able to switch across the front line. Don't think he can play up front on his own from what we've seen, at least not against teams who will limit our chances and leave him isolated. Maybe he'll get better at that with time though.

Bonus answer - last Sunday?

September 01, 2017, 10:24:39 PM
Reply #1

MrWhite

Ha! Thanks

I missed that game and there wasn't a player ratings thread so I sort of missed the comeback (I was at TWO weddings that weekend - madness!)

Yeah, it was called False Dawns and the Stark of Realisation or something like that.

September 01, 2017, 10:46:45 PM
Reply #2

MrWhite

A freedom fighter sent back in time to protect mankind from the rise of the machines

That suggests that someone at Everton is a cyborg? Is the Ross Barkley affair about trying to protect him from the infiltrator?

Maybe Rooney, he always looked suspiciously older for his age, we know he has hair implants.. maybe he was sent back too early? They packed him off back then, but he managed to return this summer so the club had to hide Ross!

September 01, 2017, 10:57:34 PM
Reply #3

MrWhite

14 goals in 30 games last season for Malaga in La Liga makes him a striker for me.

It's possible that he just had the season of his life, but even if that's the case for 5.3m that's a very good punt to take in today's market. Certainly bought to provide 10+ goals, RK sees him as a striker.

September 02, 2017, 12:22:21 AM
Reply #4

MrWhite

Obviously it's them lot from across the park
What most people don't know is that in the original timeline Liverpool were a part time outfit and Everton had 32 titles, 8 European cups and the League cup was permanently renamed the Everton Cup in honour of our fifty wins. Until a traumatised red software engineer decided to destroy the world. In that timeline of course the Korean war never happened and Donald Trump was a much beloved comedian. Damn kopites.

September 02, 2017, 03:39:40 AM
Reply #5

MrWhite

I'd pay to see this film - provided there was a happy ending
You mean the one where the blue wearing hero fixes time, there's a big shimmer where Anfield shrinks to a bus stop next to a muddy field, and Goodison swells to a massive world class 150,000 seater?

September 25, 2017, 06:50:56 PM
Reply #6

MrWhite

I see it. He just needs that breakthrough moment to give him confidence.

Here's to hoping it's soon.