July 19, 2018, 12:36:55 PM

Author Topic: What is Sandro?  (Read 11885 times)

December 15, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Reply #135

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hes shit lads, its a shame but its true
I don't think he is or will be shit but it's defo not worked out
Simply simply lovely

December 16, 2017, 12:25:32 AM
Reply #136

bacon sarnie

Don't know what to think of him. He can't be shite if they paid all that money for him.....ahem!

December 16, 2017, 03:01:11 AM
Reply #137

loroloco

Didn't Felli get 10-12 goals in his first season?

just looked it up there. he got 8 league goals his 1st year. second year he got 2. 3rd year got 1. 4th year he got 3. he wasnīt brought in as a goal scorer so he shouldnīt be judged on his goals anyway.

just to clarify my point. he was brought in for astronomical money (in everton terms) and didnīt live up to that tag for years. i actually couldnīt believe we payed so much money for him because he really didnīt look a 16 million pound player until a few years after he signed. maybe most of you will disagree with that but i distinctly remember every evertonian i spoke to at the time being disappointed in him, mostly because they were disappointed due to there espectation of what they thought we were buying with what was an absolute fortune at the time. i was merely pointing out the comparison of the hype compared to the reality. i think we all got a bit carried away with hype with felli ( well me anyway) as we did with sandro.

to put in simply, some players do live up to the hype ...after they settle. we should give sandro every opportunity. he might just surprise us.

December 16, 2017, 03:47:05 AM
Reply #138

blueski

just looked it up there. he got 8 league goals his 1st year. second year he got 2. 3rd year got 1. 4th year he got 3. he wasnīt brought in as a goal scorer so he shouldnīt be judged on his goals anyway.

just to clarify my point. he was brought in for astronomical money (in everton terms) and didnīt live up to that tag for years. i actually couldnīt believe we payed so much money for him because he really didnīt look a 16 million pound player until a few years after he signed. maybe most of you will disagree with that but i distinctly remember every evertonian i spoke to at the time being disappointed in him, mostly because they were disappointed due to there espectation of what they thought we were buying with what was an absolute fortune at the time. i was merely pointing out the comparison of the hype compared to the reality. i think we all got a bit carried away with hype with felli ( well me anyway) as we did with sandro.

to put in simply, some players do live up to the hype ...after they settle. we should give sandro every opportunity. he might just surprise us.
while its going back a ways, the Fellaini deal was on the drip - Ģ3m per year as I recall but the sum total was fairly large which exaggerated the headline

I hope Sandro does work out, it just seems very unlikely at the moment that he will get games needed to do so. Maybe it can all be worked out in training...

also in his defence I don't think he's featured in a true game under the new manager and practically all of them have looked better in the new regime so maybe he will too
Nil Satis

December 16, 2017, 04:19:26 AM
Reply #139

Tony Clifton

It isn't that he's shit, more a case of we've been shit and haven't been in a position to get him settled via doing his job.  Same goes for Klaassen to some extent.

Fellaini comparison is interesting - he'd likely be in the same (Sandro, Klaassen) boat if back then was now.  And vice versa.  Hopefully things work out for both.  Definitely good, potentially great players in there.

December 16, 2017, 05:18:51 AM
Reply #140

Ross

When ever I see this thread bumped up it reminds me of this....

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 16, 2017, 06:10:12 AM
Reply #141

gizzblue

Hes shit lads, its a shame but its true
Only 21 league minutes that's a bold statement to make .
He's currently scored 47 goals for me by Feb in all competitions on FM but the cunt wants to move to a bigger club. Sack him off
I rekon he will be awesome when we fuck him off without a proper chance ....Everton that.

December 16, 2017, 06:34:35 AM
Reply #142

Ross

Only 21 league minutes that's a bold statement to make .I rekon he will be awesome when we fuck him off without a proper chance ....Everton that.

It’s 231 league minuets in total GB, plus another 200 in Europe. Far more than Niasse got before he was written off.

But I agree he needs time, like Klansen as well.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 16, 2017, 06:51:14 AM
Reply #143

ally2

I want that impressed with him playing for Spain U23 but I still rate him. To bin him off now would be spectacularly stupid.

December 16, 2017, 10:43:05 AM
Reply #144

Thomas

Saleh didn't get a proper chance at Chelsea.....

Look what happened there.

December 16, 2017, 10:48:33 AM
Reply #145

howard1334

Yeah, I think this is a revisionist history. His first year, his overall play was a bit disappointing, but he chipped in with a lot of goals, and I think most people were feeling okay about his performances. He then started playing in a much deeper midfield position, sometimes as a DM, were he excelled at times. Around the time he did his famous Maradona against City, he was getting rave reviews. Then, of course, his last season for us, we pushed him forward again (in part, I personally believe, b/c he was no longer as effective as a DM), and he scored a ton of goals. I never thought of him as a disappointment. And he was certainly never as ineffectual as Sandro has been. Not really comparable in my mind.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 10:51:46 AM by howard1334 »

December 16, 2017, 04:44:44 PM
Reply #146

montanatoffeefan

Felt like he was a main striker with all the hype when we were signing him.

Being talked about all across the shop - CF, winger, #10

Sandro is a player with promise and a big price tag but no apparent spot or even a defined position at the club which bought him.

In other words, he's a Ronald Koeman signing.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 04:47:52 PM by montanatoffeefan »
Everton forever.

December 16, 2017, 06:04:57 PM
Reply #147

Tofifee

I will tell you what Sandro is, he is off, that's what he is

Really hope he doesnt end up anotehr Mustafi now......

December 16, 2017, 06:14:05 PM
Reply #148

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Sandro is a player with promise and a big price tag but no apparent spot or even a defined position at the club which bought him.

In other words, he's a Ronald Koeman signing.

Ģ5m is hardly a big price tag
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 16, 2017, 06:59:59 PM
Reply #149

GrantyBoy78

That irrelevant Fellini chat ruined this thread. Congratulations.