October 22, 2017, 06:11:11 AM

Author Topic: U23's for Europa League  (Read 1416 times)

September 02, 2017, 09:41:27 PM
Read 1416 times

BlueForYou

With a few of our prime youngsters out on loan, who will be the first from the U23's (if any!) to be drafted in for Europe?

Pick one player

Beni Baningime

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

deCoubertin

September 02, 2017, 09:43:41 PM
Reply #1

Marky Mark and the funky

Oumar Niasse

September 02, 2017, 09:44:22 PM
Reply #2

sam of the south

Ross Barkley
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 02, 2017, 09:52:46 PM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Calvert lewin

Simply simply lovely

September 02, 2017, 10:11:35 PM
Reply #4

BlueForYou

Not including players that have already played for Everton first team and who are also in the current Everton U23 squad 

Get out of that!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 10:13:39 PM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 02, 2017, 10:33:06 PM
Reply #5

Everton Mint

Nathan Broadhead

September 02, 2017, 10:41:10 PM
Reply #6

Marky Mark and the funky

Not including players that have already played for Everton first team and who are also in the current Everton U23 squad 

Get out of that!

Serious answer amigo.

I do not think a single one of them is ready. I really don't. As you said, the best are out on loan, now including Connolly and Walsh.

If forced to pick on talent I'd back Baningme but I bet he wouldn't look as effective against fully grown adults.

I'd guess we may end up forced to play someone like Sambou because of injuries!

September 02, 2017, 10:47:57 PM
Reply #7

Everton Mint

To be honest, if we really need to fill up our bench with U23's in the Europa then we shouldn't be sending all the best ones out on loan.

We had excuses in previous years to throw in some kids when we had a small squad. But we should really be better prepared this time not to have to...

Taking some youngsters on trips just for experience may happen.

September 02, 2017, 10:54:59 PM
Reply #8

Marky Mark and the funky

To help the thread a bit, this is the current crop, I think a few of these just came up from the U18 squad because I'm not familiar with them:

Louis Gray
Chris Renshaw
INJ Mateusz Hewelt INJ

Daniel Bramall
Morgan Feeney
NEW Lewis Gibson NEW
Gethin Jones
Matty Foulds
NEW Nathangelo Markelo NEW

NEW Dennis Aderniran NEW
Beni Baningme
Harry Charsley
Jack Kiersey
Steven Kinsella

Nathan Broadhead
NEW Josh Bowler NEW
Anton Donkor
Calum Dyson
Antony Evans
David Henen

Sam Byrne
Shane Lavery
NEW Boris Mathis NEW
Bassla Sambou

September 02, 2017, 11:01:57 PM
Reply #9

Simon Paul

Administrator
Harry Charsley I reckon

September 02, 2017, 11:22:35 PM
Reply #10

Evertonian in NC

It's one thing to punt the Cups, quite another to not put our absolute best foot forward in Europa.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 02, 2017, 11:33:00 PM
Reply #11

BlueForYou

We will have a lot of games, some injuries plus trying to rest players for the Sunday after a Europa fixture, ie:

Spurs
Europa
Man Utd

etc....................(not forgetting the League Cup)

Gotta be a few debuts, if only as sub for 20 mins

Don't envisage Niasse getting a game, Barkley out for two months, no Coleman, no Bolasie - and Mirallas?

Harry Catterick

September 02, 2017, 11:33:34 PM
Reply #12

mikey_blue

I'd like to see Kenny get a run. I'm probably not the only one either. I think if we had a reliable right sided mid who could help him out defensively, we'd see a bit more of him.

September 02, 2017, 11:42:31 PM
Reply #13

Marky Mark and the funky

I'd like to see Kenny get a run. I'm probably not the only one either. I think if we had a reliable right sided mid who could help him out defensively, we'd see a bit more of him.

He is already considered part of the first-team, even though he's stuck on the bench at the moment (and probably worse once other players are fit). I too would like to see him play some safer matches, and with regards to his defending he is used to having Kieran Dowell in front of him, hardly the best shield. Senior opponents would be stronger of course so I see your point :)

September 02, 2017, 11:43:14 PM
Reply #14

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
It's gotta be big bad Boris hasn't it, stealing hearts and scoring goals wherever he is

You do the Mathis
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!