December 14, 2017, 02:28:08 PM

Author Topic: [News]Mirallas "really sad” not to leave Everton  (Read 3648 times)

September 05, 2017, 10:36:01 PM
Reply #45

kramer0

This is a player that (1) is well-compensated, (2) isn't all that useful, and (3) wanted to leave. Why is he still here?

Even if we're worried about squad depth in the wide areas, Sulking Kevin Mirallas hardly seems like the answer.

deCoubertin

September 05, 2017, 10:54:57 PM
Reply #46

Mac934

This is a player that (1) is well-compensated, (2) isn't all that useful, and (3) wanted to leave. Why is he still here?

Even if we're worried about squad depth in the wide areas, Sulking Kevin Mirallas hardly seems like the answer.
Exactly that, squad depth. He's not the answer, but the next best thing rightly or wrongly.

September 06, 2017, 12:30:04 AM
Reply #47

eyesalwaysblue

He's probably the answer to nothing, but if he's played some very good games in the shirt, and we asked him to sign again and he did, why the fuck we just didn't sell him the last window if Koeman had no plans for him is anyones guess, Dead easy to keep blaming players for what looks like the clubs cock ups. Now we've got trouble up front he'll be called a cunt if he takes his ball home, couldn't blame him 1 bit.

I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 06, 2017, 05:48:23 AM
Reply #48

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I always liked him a great deal but whatever happened a few years ago, he just plateaud and never recovered.

Now when you look at the teams we have to make up ground on, the wide positions are absolutely vital and can't be wasted on an OK for 5 mins a game player.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 06, 2017, 03:35:08 PM
Reply #49

Hesmenos

Fenerbahce have made a bid for Mirallas. 1million for a loan with an option to buy next year.

September 06, 2017, 03:48:50 PM
Reply #50

Lxxx

15m and he's yours. A million euros is a typical Turkish piss take.

September 06, 2017, 03:52:09 PM
Reply #51

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
15 mil haha.

I'd let him go for anything over 3mil me.

Offers nothing.

September 09, 2017, 12:15:15 AM
Reply #52

montanatoffeefan

Mirallas "really sad€ not to leave Everton

Everton forward Kevin Mirallas has been quoted in Greek media saying that he was not allowed to leave the Blues this summer.

Source: Mirallas "really sad€ not to leave Everton

Mirallas must have hired the same public relations person that Heitinga employed during his time at Everton.
Everton forever.

September 09, 2017, 08:29:48 AM
Reply #53

Ridge

I think he probably has been forced to stay to some extent.If we wanted him gone, there were offers and he was clearly willing. Think we probably had him lined up as a sale, if we got someone else we couldn't get.

World cup year and he's not first choice. He wasn't first choice at start of last season, but played quite a lot of games.

He's selfish, but reliable and direct. We'll hopefully have people in better form, but he'll play games. He's self motivated, works hard, but helps team retain shape better than others.

Think a lot of people only 'want' first team players, others not good enough. But we'll need him at some point, still useful to squad.

But yeah, not a smart thing to say. But probably in context of him talking to contacts and fans of club he wanted to join, explaining he wanted to go. He's not saying he's heartbroken or anything too crazy.

September 09, 2017, 02:49:50 PM
Reply #54

Thornton_19

I think people are bung overly harsh with the he offers nothing shouts.
He is a decent player that we have now become better than. I imagine he will play a lot of games still in the Europa and Carabou Cup.

September 09, 2017, 03:22:54 PM
Reply #55

blob

fuck him.

next...

September 09, 2017, 06:57:03 PM
Reply #56

Evertonian in NC

I think people are bung overly harsh with the he offers nothing shouts.
He is a decent player that we have now become better than. I imagine he will play a lot of games still in the Europa and Carabou Cup.

I don't want his attitude infecting our U23s in the Caribou thingy.

Should be nowhere near Europa play.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 09, 2017, 07:02:26 PM
Reply #57

Jamokachi

All smiles at the ground today. I think a lot of you are overplaying the "bad attitude" card.

September 09, 2017, 07:15:38 PM
Reply #58

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
All smiles at the ground today. I think a lot of you are overplaying the "bad attitude" card.

He's laughing at Rooney.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

September 09, 2017, 07:23:41 PM
Reply #59

Evertonian in NC

He's laughing at Rooney.

Joke's on him, imagine how many DUIs one would could accumulate driving a fookin' gold car like some kind of pimp...
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin