December 14, 2017, 06:23:09 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Spurs  (Read 12656 times)

September 05, 2017, 09:22:52 PM
Reply #45

Toddacelli

Can't see Rooney being dropped.

He's been through allsorts in the past and just got on with it. Think he has a proper thick skin.

The only worry I would have is that if his marriage is breaking down then that could cause him to do things out of work that would affect his form, like what he eats, drinks, how well he sleeps etc. How he looks after himself off the pitch could possibly affect him but generally he has shrugged off all kinds of abuse for Everton, Man U and England in the past.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 05, 2017, 09:47:41 PM
Reply #46

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If he was going to do this, shame it didn't happen when he was still at Utd and it would be their problem. Timing sucks.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

September 05, 2017, 10:25:18 PM
Reply #47

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

September 06, 2017, 04:10:49 AM
Reply #48

bacon sarnie

We will win this. It will be a shit game.

Beat me to it. Alli will be two-fingering his ol' England team mate in jest just for old times sake reminding him of what may have gone on in the Volkswagen.

DCL to score. Someone has to.

September 06, 2017, 04:52:21 AM
Reply #49

Shogun

Administrator
1-1 all over it
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 06, 2017, 05:49:02 AM
Reply #50

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
1-1 all over it

I'd take that now I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 06, 2017, 07:42:23 AM
Reply #51

eyesalwaysblue

Just want to see us play like it looks like there's a plan, even if it fails, 1-1 would be good result.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 06, 2017, 03:59:15 PM
Reply #52

Lxxx

Rooney to be dropped, DCL up top, Sig playing just behind him and us to play surprisingly well with genuine pace and movement and our record signing in his best position.

September 06, 2017, 04:25:19 PM
Reply #53

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Rooney to be dropped, DCL up top, Sig playing just behind him and us to play surprisingly well with genuine pace and movement and our record signing in his best position.

I expect this to be the case around Christmas when we're struggling to get points on the board.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 06, 2017, 04:50:51 PM
Reply #54

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I expect this to be the case around Christmas when we're struggling to get points on the board.

Proper down about the blues recently you la

September 06, 2017, 05:40:30 PM
Reply #55

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Proper down about the blues recently you la

Haha, I am aren't it.

I'm prone to periods of optimism and periods of proper pessimism like. At the minute I just don't like what I see. A half decent performance against Spurs and I'll be back on the top 6 train.

September 06, 2017, 05:52:19 PM
Reply #56

Lxxx

Haha, I am aren't it.

I'm prone to periods of optimism and periods of proper pessimism like. At the minute I just don't like what I see. A half decent half performance against Spurs and I'll be back on the top 6 train.

Fixed.

September 06, 2017, 10:35:55 PM
Reply #57

Shogun

Administrator
Potential for the slowest collection of players ever on a football pitch between these two.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 06, 2017, 11:08:40 PM
Reply #58

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Potential for the slowest collection of players ever on a football pitch between these two.

Yes.

They're an interesting example and counter point to a lot of gripes that we may have about our own players / team, in that they don't really have many fast players and don't have much width at all in attacking areas.

It's the intensity with which they play that is the key and so it shouldn't be impossible for us to try to emulate that.

Although having said that their record away at the other top 6 teams is poor too...

September 06, 2017, 11:13:46 PM
Reply #59

Bluedylan

A key difference being that their fullbacks/wingbacks have pace and engines to get up and down all day.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.